It's not very difficult to post a picture to the forum, once you get the hang of it. As you will see from the number of pictures posted, everyone eventually figures out how to do it.
The very first thing to know is that the forum will not accept any pictures that are larger than 700 pixels in width or height. All digital cameras shoot pictures that are MUCH larger than that... so the first step towards posting a picture on the forum is to resize it.
If you have image editing software already and you know how to use it... just use that to resize your photos to 700 pixels maximum. If you don't already know how to resize your photos, a very easy way is to use my free online photo resizing tool at http://www.zimfamilycockers.com/ResizeImage.html
Once you have resized your photo to no larger than 700 pixels in width and height, you are ready to post it to the forum. One tip: the larger your photo, the easier it is to see on the forum. So, don't resize your photos to 300 pixels or 400 pixels... it will be more difficult for people to see. Go for the full 700 pixels allowed by the forum software.
Here are the step-by-step instructions for posting a photo:
1. Begin composing a new message on the forum, or a reply to an existing message. Tip for newbies: to compose a completely new message, go to the proper section of the forum and then click on the "New Topic" button up in the upper left corner of the screen. It looks like this:
2. Type the text of your message in the big blank text box in the middle of the screen.
3. Scroll down the page and look for the horizontal black bar that goes all the way across the screen and says "UPLOAD ATTACHMENT". What you will be doing is attaching the picture to your message, and to do that you will have to upload the picture file. So, that's why the operation is called "upload attachment".
4. Just below "Upload Attachment", click on the gray box that says "CHOOSE FILE". A small window should pop up on your screen, showing the contents of your hard drive. Navigate around your hard drive until you locate where your resized picture is stored. When you find the resized picture, double-click on it. This should close the little window, and you should now see the name of the picture file next to "CHOOSE FILE".
5. Click the white box that says "ADD THE FILE". You'll see a little thing pop up on the screen while the file is uploaded from your computer to the forum's server. It may take a little while, depending on how big the file is and how good your Internet connection is.
6. Scroll down until you see the "SUBMIT" button. Click on it, to submit your message (and the attached photo) to the forum.