An Online Community Of Cocker Spaniel Lovers
Click here to go to the main Zim Family Cockers web site

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Forum rules

Please click here to view the forum rules

Post subject: Re: Another Journey with SARDS
PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 4:40 am 
Active Forum Member

Julie - There really are no words to express how sorry we are that on the road you travel with your precious Cockers you have had to face so many challenges recently. Thankfully they have your love and guidance to light the way for them. And hopefully Snow White will be blessed with many more months/years of sight. Give them all an extra hug for us. :love

Suki - 7/27/2012
Brenna AKA Azula - 7/27/2012
Emm and Tawny Over the Rainbow

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 9:48 am 
Active Forum Member

deer Snow White,
dis is daisy. i am sorree yor eyes are bein notty. my eyez are notty too an it iz no fun. Mom sez sumtimez it payz to be a butthed an be stubborn an dis iz wut i am doin wif my eyez. i am gunna cunfuze da nise doktor az long as i kan. he sed i shood hab been blind 2 yeers ago but i can still see. since mom sez yoo are not butthed, an i hab enuf left ober to share, i wiw send yoo some butthededness in da doggie mail! we no kan let da doktorz be rite... we must make dem wunder wat da heck!? i hope yoo kan still see for long time. den sumday wen we are ode an blind we can hab a speshul partee jus for us doggees hoo cant see!
wuv, daisy (da stubburn rufuzez to be blind butthead)

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 9:55 am 
Forum Legend

This is sooo cute and sad it made me get teary and smile :cry :sml
Jenner M wrote:
deer Snow White,
dis is daisy. i am sorree yor eyes are bein notty. my eyez are notty too an it iz no fun. Mom sez sumtimez it payz to be a butthed an be stubborn an dis iz wut i am doin wif my eyez. i am gunna cunfuze da nise doktor az long as i kan. he sed i shood hab been blind 2 yeers ago but i can still see. since mom sez yoo are not butthed, an i hab enuf left ober to share, i wiw send yoo some butthededness in da doggie mail! we no kan let da doktorz be rite... we must make dem wunder wat da heck!? i hope yoo kan still see for long time. den sumday wen we are ode an blind we can hab a speshul partee jus for us doggees hoo cant see!

Riley and Grayson my "skin kids"
Princess Bambi the bunny
Sam and Carly the hermit crabs

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 3:07 pm 
Active Forum Member

I'm so sorry to hear about Snow White developing SARDS. Seems like you have had more than your share of problems with your beautiful fur-kids recently. Wish I could offer more help. You have my warmest good wishes.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 1:16 pm 
Forum Legend

Julie, you and your furbabies sure have been put through the ringer this year! It is so sad to hear about Snow White. I pray she maintains her level of vision for a long time, and that your doggie-related issues are over for awhile!

This sounds like what happened to my brother-in-law's beagle when she was around 8. One night she was catching popcorn they were tossing to her, and the next night she couldn't see the popcorn any more. But it's been amazing to watch how she's acclimated to her lack of vision. She was even swimming with Gromit last summer just by listening to Gromit's splashing in the water.

It is such a tragedy, but SW is lucky to be in a home where she will flourish because of the care and attention she'll get from both her human and furry family.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 8:41 pm 
Forum Legend

beckyboo wrote:
This is sooo cute and sad it made me get teary and smile :cry :sml
Jenner M wrote:
deer Snow White,

Me too, :cry :sm

Colleen

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 9:36 pm 
Active Forum Member

Julie, I'm so sorry. You are in my thoughts and prayers.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2016 9:56 am 
Active Forum Member

I have been doing a ton of research on this subject as I just went through the sudden blindness with one of my dogs. Not knowing what it could be my first thought was diabetes. I took him immediately to the vet had his glucose level checked etc. Not the case. I was told it happens to dogs hos age (12) and to just go home and he will adjust. I kept asking my self why overnight, it didn't make any sense. So I got on the computer and researched my heart out non-stop. Well guess what I came up with? A real quick education on SARDs. He fit every one of the symptoms to a T. I then ran across a link to a very well educated hard working vet that has made it his goal to figure out what causes SARDs and other auto immune diseases in our pets. After reading his information and seeing that what was going on with my dog was not just limited to blindness that was the least of my concern then. I needed a fix for his other symptoms.
SARDs "IS" an autoimmune disease. This vet has been successful in treating animals with SARDs and been successful at having their eyesight return as well. I decided to take this info I ran across to my holistic vet and present it to her ask her to read it and to please assist me in applying this Dr.'s protocol which first consists of a simple blood test to determine status. Well my gut told me what my head already knew. He had SARDs. There is a ton of info here for you to read and familiarize yourself with so I can't narrate it all but in my opinion our dogs need to be taken more seriously when it comes to diagnosing our dogs and we need to not settle for having a vet tell us just take your blind dog home and deal!
Here are the links I found and if you have any questions I would be more than happy to talk with you more about my exp and findings. I firmly believe in this Dr and his expertise and findings as so many other dr.s do and he has also been recognized recently at a well known conference for Oncologists. If I can help just one more dog that's my goal.
http://drplechner.com/sards-corner/

Mona