An Online Community Of Cocker Spaniel Lovers
Click here to go to the main Zim Family Cockers web site

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Forum rules

Please click here to view the forum rules

Post subject: Same dog, new dog?
PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2015 8:05 am 
Forum Legend

I call Chessie my cat in a dog suit. She's the friendliest most aloof dog I've ever had. She loves people and wants to greet everyone but shys away if they try to pet her. (wiggling like crazy all the while) She's been like this since day one. She is not a cuddlier at all... if you try to pick her up to hold her on your lap you'd better hold on because at first opportunity she's off! Awhile back she started coming on the couch with me and lying at my feet... that was a major change for her! If I tried to pet her she'd jump off the couch. Fast forward to about 10 months ago.... now she was letting me pet her while she laid by my thigh.... now to the past couple of months.... now when I sit on the couch she is plastered by my side with her head either on my lap or up as close to my face as she can get and demanding that I pet her. She lightly taps me with her paw or nudges me with her nose, till I pet her. The other major change is her relationship with my son. They used to have a love/hate relationship and Chessie avoided my son as much as she could. Now Chessie will actually seek him out for contact! Before there was no way she would initiate contact! Not sure what's going on but we are loving our new cuddle pup. :hp

Lisa R

Chesapeake AX, AXJ (CGC)

The road to MACH is full of jumps and weaves....

Competing in Master Agility
Double Q's - 0
MACH Points -14
Novice FAST - 2Q

Post subject: Re: Same dog, new dog?
PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2015 6:18 am 
Forum Legend

It has to be HER idea, LOL. Emma is the same way. If someone pays too much attention to her, she doesn't want anything to do with them. But ignore her and she's all over that person. It's funny. She has always wanted to be right ON me. She lays right on top of me if we're on the sofa and makes a good place to prop a book if I'm reading or using my iPad. She's still only about 18 pounds but feels heavier than she used to. I'm glad Chessie is "coming around." There's nothing like a warm little cocker sitting on your lap.

Emma - 6/23/10 -
Waylon (non-cocker, terrorist) 2/1/01 -

Shiloh - 4/5/95 - 5/23/11 RIP, sweet girl