The Zim Family Cocker Spaniel Forum

An Online Community Of Cocker Spaniel Lovers
Click here to go to the main Zim Family Cockers web site

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Forum rules

Please click here to view the forum rules

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 786 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32  Next
 Post subject: Re: Introduce Yourself!
PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2015 6:07 am 
Forum Legend

Welcome, Christy! My sympathies for your loss of Heidi. It is so hard to let them go.
But, congratulations on your new little black beauty. I was the same, I didn't plan on a black cocker (I wanted a buff), but when she jumped in my lap and wouldn't leave, what could I do?
Can't wait until she comes home. Keep posting pictures!

The day will come when people like me will view the murder of
an animal the same way they view that of a man today.
Leonardo da Vinci

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2015 4:27 pm 
Active Forum Member

Meet Lily! She has finally come home and that cocker-shaped hole in my house has been filled!

Attachments:
IMG_0767.JPG
IMG_0767.JPG [ 45.67 KiB | Viewed 3271 times ]
IMG_0771.JPG
IMG_0771.JPG [ 47.49 KiB | Viewed 3271 times ]
IMG_0770.JPG
IMG_0770.JPG [ 45.15 KiB | Viewed 3271 times ]
IMG_0772.JPG
IMG_0772.JPG [ 49.16 KiB | Viewed 3271 times ]

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2015 6:48 pm 
Forum Legend

Lily is a cutie!

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2015 8:37 pm 
Forum Legend

OMG - Lily is gorgeous. LOVE the black pups. I

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2015 12:24 pm 
Active Forum Member

Hi I've been lurking on/off for several years. My husband and I adopted our first cocker in 1997 and we fell in love with the breed. We started fostering for CSRNE a year or more later. We had a long term foster for 2 years and our first foster fail was Marco who spent the next 16 years with us. Jake competed in obedience, rally, and schutzhund and was a therapy dog. Marco competed in flyball. I got into training to deal with behavior issues and got hooked.

Now we have Teddy (5yr) who is 100% pet dog (when he's not masquerading as a trash can) and Princess (7-8yrs) who is technically a foster but in reality, is just another foster failure.

Princess Image

Teddy

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2015 1:41 pm 
Forum Legend

Welcome, welcome! Your babies are beautiful! I also have an almost 5-y/o beauty named Emma who masquerades as part trash can/part goat. She was running around the yard last night with a HUGE, LIVE bug in her mouth. Ewww. Makes you wonder what they're thinking. Glad you decided to join us.

Shiloh - 4/5/95 - 5/23/11 RIP, sweet girl

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2015 3:04 pm 
Forum Legend

Welcome. Your cocker babies are beautiful

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2015 3:01 am 
Active Forum Member

Hi,
My name is Amy and I just wanted to introduce myself. I currently do not own a cocker spaniel, but have had two of them in the past. My son and I currently have our George, a white Mini Schnauzer. I am hoping to get my baby girl (cocker spaniel) within the next year or two, but hoping for within a year. Hope to learn has much has I can on this board.... looks like a bunch of great people and cockers!

Tannar (fur-kid, silver/buff cocker)

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2015 6:55 pm 
Forum Legend

Welcome Amy! I hope you get your cocker soon. There is one posted on this site if you're ready now. I believe he's 14-15 weeks old and looks beautiful.

He's in Iowa:

http://www.zimfamilycockers.com/Forums/ ... =7&t=12474

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2015 2:38 pm 
Active Forum Member

Hello, I'm another newbie without a Cocker but I'm planning to get one in a year or two.

I grew up with Cockers. They were the only breed mom would allow. My favorite was Zip code, a parti-color. One of his colors was buff and I think the other was white. I remember thinking that Zip was a party cocker!

I grew up got a job and moved to an apartment. I had cats but no dogs. Last summer, a neighbor's mother came to stay and brought her lovely Cocker, Pippoh. We became good friends, walking along the piers and running in the parks. When his mom had to go, she took Pippoh and my heart has been sad ever since.

After that experience, I decided I had to get a cocker spaniel. But I know it's better for me and the dog to wait until I can work from home.

I thin Pippoh is either a red or a golden solid color but I can't figure out how to upload pics.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2015 3:14 pm 
Forum Legend

DanaT wrote:
Hello, I'm another newbie without a Cocker but I'm planning to get one in a year or two.

I grew up with Cockers. They were the only breed mom would allow. My favorite was Zip code, a parti-color. One of his colors was buff and I think the other was white. I remember thinking that Zip was a party cocker!

I grew up got a job and moved to an apartment. I had cats but no dogs. Last summer, a neighbor's mother came to stay and brought her lovely Cocker, Pippoh. We became good friends, walking along the piers and running in the parks. When his mom had to go, she took Pippoh and my heart has been sad ever since.

After that experience, I decided I had to get a cocker spaniel. But I know it's better for me and the dog to wait until I can work from home.

I thin Pippoh is either a red or a golden solid color but I can't figure out how to upload pics.

Welcome, Dana! I am a first-time cocker mom and I am SOLD on the breed. I've never had a puppy. I adopted Cici when she was 5 - 18 months ago. She has her issues due to her past, but she is the most expressive, loving dog ever.

When you want hit "Add Reply" to send a message, scroll down, you'll see "Upload attachment". Click on "Choose File", pick your picture and then click "Add the file". Add as many as you want before hitting "Submit" =. Please note there is a size restriction, so you have to resize them before adding.

Looking forward to the pics!

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2015 5:37 am 
Active Forum Member

Hi Cici's mom!

Cockers have always been my favorite, although I love any type of spaniel. A woman on my block has an adorable loving Cavalier King Charles Spaniel who has become a neighborhood favorite. Spaniels are just so full of love and fun. It's great that you've been able to give Cici a loving home. I'll have to look for her pics on the forum.

Thanks for the photo tips. Mine were too large. Hopefully these will post. I can't tell whether Pippoh is a golden Cocker or a Red Cocker. His head and feathers look golden but the rest of him looks red.

Attachments:
image.jpg
image.jpg [ 144.86 KiB | Viewed 3138 times ]
image.jpg
image.jpg [ 147.58 KiB | Viewed 3138 times ]

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2015 6:13 am 
Active Forum Member

Cici wrote:
And a couple more pics of my girl, Cici.

Cici is so beautiful! Look at those curls.

She looks very loved.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2015 6:18 am 
Forum Legend

Hey Dana,

That looks like an English Cocker (red). Where are you located?

I am in North Carolina. Cici was rescued from Virgina not far from Washington D.C. You'll find some older pictures of her on page 28 or 29 of this thread.

Welcome again!

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2015 6:49 am 
Active Forum Member

I'm in New York now, but I grew up in South Carolina.

You answered my second question - is he an English or an American Cocker Spaniel? Even after looking at pictures of both breeds, I still couldn't figure it out. My neighbor's mom is from Colombia, South America, and has a farm there. I don't know which Cockers are more popular down there. She spends six months a year in NY and brings Pippoh with her.

I found Cici's pics. She looks gorgeous.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2015 7:16 am 
Forum Legend

Thanks, Dana. Pippoh is very pretty. The English Cockers have longer noses. The American Cockers - like Cici have a more pronounced stop of the forehead and a dome-shaped head and more of square nose/muzzle. Their eyes seem to have a little bit more attitude. The English Cockers look a little less stubborn to me - LOL, just appearance wise.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2015 8:21 am 
Active Forum Member

Well with Pippoh, it can depend. If he sees some birds, he thinks he's a hunting dog and tries to flush them out. My neighbor says that Cockers in Colombia are used for bird hunting.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2015 9:43 am 
Forum Legend

DanaT wrote:
Well with Pippoh, it can depend. If he sees some birds, he thinks he's a hunting dog and tries to flush them out. My neighbor says that Cockers in Colombia are used for bird hunting.

Yep, Cici does the same thing - convinced she can get birds, squirrels, even attempts to go up tree trunks.

She is particularly funny if we are walking along a bridge or ramp and she can see ducks in the water down below. She becomes transfixed and pops her head through the barriers trying to figure out howto get closer.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2015 11:13 am 
Forum Member

I'm (kinda) new to the forum and have enjoyed the pictures and cocker stories. I was the proud owner of a handsome buff boy named Mace. He unfortunately died four years ago. He was such a wonderful caring friend. We still miss him tremendously. Every time I see a cocker I think of my little Macey.

Since we our kids were small when Mace died we decided to wait until they grew up a bit before we get a new dog. Now we're ready to add a new pup to our family. I'm hoping some folks could PM me some recommendations on responsible reliable breeders. I'm in the DC area. Thanks for welcoming me. I'm going to try to add a picture or two of Mace.

Attachments:
img055b.jpg
img055b.jpg [ 81.8 KiB | Viewed 2935 times ]
img023b.jpg
img023b.jpg [ 93.66 KiB | Viewed 2935 times ]

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2015 7:41 pm 
Forum Legend

Welcome to the forum. Unfortunately, I don't know of breeders in your area. I hope you find the perfect addition to your family.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2015 11:09 am 
Forum Legend

Solnoir wrote:
I'm (kinda) new to the forum and have enjoyed the pictures and cocker stories. I was the proud owner of a handsome buff boy named Mace. He unfortunately died four years ago. He was such a wonderful caring friend. We still miss him tremendously. Every time I see a cocker I think of my little Macey.

Since we our kids were small when Mace died we decided to wait until they grew up a bit before we get a new dog. Now we're ready to add a new pup to our family. I'm hoping some folks could PM me some recommendations on responsible reliable breeders. I'm in the DC area. Thanks for welcoming me. I'm going to try to add a picture or two of Mace.

Perhaps a rescue cocker? I badly wanted to raise a puppy, too. But after adopting CC (she was 5), I wouldn't change a thing.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2015 12:15 pm 
Active Forum Member

Solnoir wrote:

Welcome to the forum! I don't live in that area or have connections out there, but if you go the ACS website, they should have breeder suggestions state by state that you can contact if you're interested. Also visiting any local dog shows can provide excellent opportunities to meet breeders as well!

PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2015 6:18 am 
Forum Member

Hi, I'm Silmer and my wife Teresa, currently leave in San Antonio, TX. We have two, well one now ....one of our babies pass away last week. We loved the breed and they have being our companions since we got married, of course we can not forget our cat, since she is the oldest of the whole gang.

http://youtu.be/1gFxpkyVOdA
That's the video we made so we can share it with all the people he meet this past 11 years. Our other Cocker (OTTO) is older and have some health issues, so we know that is just matter of time.

Our son Diego grow up with them and is not simple let your "brother" go. We seen this Forum years ago seeing all the stories of bond and how much happiness this bring to our lives, we decided to share ours.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2015 7:25 am 
Forum Legend

Welcome Silmer and Teresa! I'm so sorry you lost one of your furbabies last week. It is so hard to see them age and then have to let them go. We'd love to see some pictures of OTTO if you have a chance. Look in the section called "Important Notices" and it will tell you how to load a picture. Put it in the Cockers, Cockers and more Cockers section so everyone will have a chance to look at it.

I just watched your video of Kory and it is wonderful. So representative of the sweetness of these little cockers. I know there is a huge hole in your hearts.

I hope you'll stick around the forum now that you've joined.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2015 8:44 am 
Active Forum Member

I just watched your video... what a beautiful tribute to a beautiful little dog.

Thank you for posting!

Mom to Jennie, born 4/24/2014, Gotcha Day 6/20/2014
Gone, but not forgotten: Honey, Punkin, Lady, Dusty and Chief

"If there are no dogs in heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." Will Rogers

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 786 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32  Next