The Zim Family Cocker Spaniel Forum

An Online Community Of Cocker Spaniel Lovers
Click here to go to the main Zim Family Cockers web site

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Forum rules

Please click here to view the forum rules

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 786 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32  Next
 Post subject: Re: Introduce Yourself!
PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2014 5:17 pm 
Forum Legend

Miguel wrote:
HELLO, EVERYONE! :wv :hp

My name is Michele(It's a male name). I'm from Italy. I'm nearly thirty years old. I'm very happy to be a member of the community "The Zim Family Cocker Spaniel". I love Cocker Spaniel. I think, they are most beautiful dogs in the world. My Cocker Spaniel is beautiful tawny. He is nearly ten years old. He is my first Cocker Spaniel. I got him at four months a breeder. His name is Frodo.
One year for dog is like ours seven years!?!?...Is it true or false?... someone can answer my question, please.

P.S. I don't write very well english. Can you correct me, please?.

Hello Michele: Welcome to the forum. Here is a little tool I found to calculate your dog's age in comparison to a human:

http://www.pedigree.com/All-Things-Dog/ ... fault.aspx

We would love to see more pictures of Frodo. Is he an English Cocker?

Tina

Shiloh - 4/5/95 - 5/23/11 RIP, sweet girl

PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2014 11:50 am 
Active Forum Member

TinaP wrote:
Miguel wrote:
HELLO, EVERYONE! :wv :hp

My name is Michele(It's a male name). I'm from Italy. I'm nearly thirty years old. I'm very happy to be a member of the community "The Zim Family Cocker Spaniel". I love Cocker Spaniel. I think, they are most beautiful dogs in the world. My Cocker Spaniel is beautiful tawny. He is nearly ten years old. He is my first Cocker Spaniel. I got him at four months a breeder. His name is Frodo.
One year for dog is like ours seven years!?!?...Is it true or false?... someone can answer my question, please.

P.S. I don't write very well english. Can you correct me, please?.

Hello Michele: Welcome to the forum. Here is a little tool I found to calculate your dog's age in comparison to a human:

http://www.pedigree.com/All-Things-Dog/ ... fault.aspx

We would love to see more pictures of Frodo. Is he an English Cocker?

Tina

Thanks Miss Tina P. I have tried to calculate my dog's age in comparison to a human. It has resulted He is fifty-six years old. He is still a "puppy-dog". :wnk
Surely. I will see you more pictures of my dog. Yes, I think my dog is an English Cocker but I'm not sure it. Perhaps He is 100% English Cocker Spaniel. I don't know.He has not pedigree. I would have a question for you. May dog be a epileptic?.

PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2014 7:30 am 
Active Forum Member

Just wanted to say Hello. My Cocker is Tatum a rescue . I have had her almost 3 years and she is my shadow.. Great dog, great with my grandson's :).. Love this site learning more each time I read. I will be trying grooming soon as my clippers get here. And Tatum is the highest maintenance dog I ever had lol.. Harley a Chow/Husky mix with tons of hair was easy :)

PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2014 10:07 pm 
Forum Legend

:Wlcm Radco and Tatum....yep our cockers are lots of maintenance, but they are so worth it, as you know. It would help though, if they would cooperate now and then during their grooming :dk . I've heard it is a good bonding time. I've yet to figure that one out. Somehow I just don't think my girls have that bonding feeling when I am bathing and grooming them. :shock:

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2014 5:03 am 
Active Forum Member

Debbie Thanks, Tatum is pretty good with the bath, not thrilled but is ok with it lol.. Grooming for the most part she is fine, From what I gather she was a show dog for awhile, probably had a litter, then throw to the curb in a caged, finally put in rescue. Bummer some people treat dog's like a piece of trash and thrown away! :( , But now Tatum has been spoiled for the past 3 years and loves to cuddle on the couch with me :)

Rich

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2014 1:30 am 
Active Forum Member

Hello all!
My sister and I are very new to this forum but we love it already! It's a bit of a joint account although most posts will be made by me (Beth). We live in the UK, but I recently spend quite a large amount of time in Germany. I am coming up to the last few weeks of examinations (fingers crossed for me please) then I am taking a few years out for volunteering work before I go to my local university to study Geography to then go on and complete my degree in teaching!
Ellie, is slightly younger than me and is still in high school, which she loves:)
Sadly we do not (yet!) have a picture of our puppy which we can upload as the only pictures we have are on our phones and do not seem to want to attach themselves! However, as soon as we get our new puppy this will be the first thing we do!
We are first time dog owners, so are sure this site will be incredibly useful!
:wv

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2014 7:35 am 
I Rescued A Cocker!

Welcome Beth and Ellie and as you've already figured out we l-o-v-e pictures. Be sure to check out the 'caring for you cocker' and the other sections of the forum. There's a wealth of information there.

At the Bridge
Lil'Bit-Black, Brandy-Buff, Buddy-Blk&Tan, Teddy-Buff
Molly-Black-no longer at the bridge but now in her daddy's lap

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2014 7:05 pm 
Active Forum Member

Hello Everyone :wv ,
My name is Art and this is my Sunni. He is 5 yrs and quite the ham. He is my second cocker spaniel. My other boy passed at 15 yrs. I have lurked on this site over the years and just recently decided to finally join. I live in Sunny San Diego, Ca. Glad and excited to meet everyone.

-Art

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2014 9:25 pm 
Forum Legend

Welcome Sunni and Art. Sunni is cutie

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2014 8:12 am 
Active Forum Member

Welcome to the forum! Sunni is a very handsome boy!

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2014 9:43 am 
Active Forum Member

Hi I'm Kathy! I'm from Ireland but I now live in South Carolina. After moving here my heart was stolen by a cocker spaniel and I decided to get my little man Boomer. He can be a grouchy old man in a dogs body, lol. He is now 1 and a half years old and we love him more everyday.

Attachments:
boomer5.jpg
boomer5.jpg [ 15.9 KiB | Viewed 4213 times ]
Boomer.jpg
Boomer.jpg [ 14.72 KiB | Viewed 4213 times ]
boomer4.jpg
boomer4.jpg [ 18.09 KiB | Viewed 4213 times ]
boomer3.jpg
boomer3.jpg [ 26.7 KiB | Viewed 4213 times ]
boomer2.jpg
boomer2.jpg [ 17.45 KiB | Viewed 4213 times ]

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2014 5:43 pm 
Forum Legend
 WWW  YIM  Profile

Welcome! Boomer looks like our Leo! "TROUBLE IN PUPPY CLOTHING!" What a cutie!!!!!!!

LEO White Lighter [Parti-SABLE]

Cockers: At The Rainbow Bridge...
Ch. Prince Tom's Sugar Crisp (Crispy),
Ch. Luc-Kee Prince Bondee, Taffee & Baron
Akita's: Sachi & Sake

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2014 6:53 pm 
Active Forum Member

Hi! My name is Karen, me and my husband are going to be getting a Cocker Spaniel puppy from a friend, we're very excited as it's our first dog together. My husband had Cocker Spaniels all his life and I'm completely clueless. Don't have pictures or a name for our little boy yet but will once we get him in July. I just wanted to be completely ready so I know what to do and how to take care of the puppy. So excited to be part of this page!:)

PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2014 1:59 pm 
Active Forum Member

Hi Everyone!

I'm Susan from Marysville, Washington. My family are dog people but I never wanted to have a dog and then leave it at home alone all day, so I didn't get one of my own until I retired last October. My aunt has had Cockers my whole life so I started watching the local shelters for a Cocker or Cocker mix and was thrilled to find Honey that same month. She had been found running stray in a nearby farming area, with no collar or microchip. County animal control kept her for 10 days in case someone came looking for her and then placed her with a local shelter. They did spay surgery on her the following day only to find out that she had already been spayed. I adopted her two days later. I didn't know it at the time, but they didn't do any sort of health or behavioral testing before placing her for adoption. It turned out she had issues with both and I lost her after only 6 months. My heart was broken. They were the best six months of my life, and I hope of hers.

I decided to start over with a puppy so I would know her background and could be sure she was raised right and given proper vet care. I found a breeder who raises the puppies in her home with her husband and 5 kids, three other dogs, a cat and bunnies. I met Jennie when she was 2 weeks old, had at least weekly play dates with her until she was 8 weeks old and the brought her home on June 20th. In 4 weeks since she has doubled in size (from 2.4 to 4.6 pounds) and has completely put the broken pieces of my heart back together.

Housetraining is going about as expected... but Jennie has some funny ideas about how it is supposed to work. Yesterday I took her to her potty spot and said "go pee", and she ran across the yard to the blanket we had been sitting on and pee'd on it!

She loves to fetch anything, run through the sprinkler and play Tugga. I haven't gotten anything else done in the last 4 weeks and I LOVE IT.

Here are a few pics of my special babies (and me):

Attachments:
File comment: Jennie's first day at home
019 (112x150).jpg
019 (112x150).jpg [ 51.85 KiB | Viewed 4093 times ]
File comment: Jennie rings the bell to go OUTSIDE
DSC00055 (150x113).jpg
DSC00055 (150x113).jpg [ 50.71 KiB | Viewed 4093 times ]
File comment: Jennie at the run
DSC00062 (150x117).jpg
DSC00062 (150x117).jpg [ 57.05 KiB | Viewed 4093 times ]
File comment: Jennie and me...
047 (113x150).jpg
047 (113x150).jpg [ 74.9 KiB | Viewed 4093 times ]
File comment: Honey waiting for dinner
607 (120x150).jpg
607 (120x150).jpg [ 58.75 KiB | Viewed 4093 times ]

PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2014 4:08 pm 
Forum Legend

Welcome to the forum, Susan and Jennie. Jennie is a doll!

PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2014 7:55 pm 
Forum Member

Hi!

I'm Sarah, and I just "adopted" Daisy today. I've dog-sitted her a couple times before. However, her owners were military and getting transferred to Germany and couldn't take her. So, I said I would take her.

She's seven and a half but still acts like a puppy sometimes. But she's really sweet and I already love her. :)

Attachments:
Daisy.jpg
Daisy.jpg [ 25.88 KiB | Viewed 4083 times ]

PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2014 8:19 pm 
Forum Legend

Welcome to the forum, Sarah and Daisy. Daisy is a cutie. I'm sure her previous owners were incredibly happy when you adopted their girl

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2014 5:34 pm 
Active Forum Member

Hello. I am Heather from Georgia. I am an RN, working as a case manager now. My husband Bradley and I have our four year old son Cameron and have recently rescued our new baby Cooper, six month old buff male. He's a delight. He is a ball of energy and loves to fetch and chew his bones. He's our first cocker. He has been more difficult to train than previous pups we have had but we are sticking with it! I have been reading this forum even before we decided to get Cooper,and decided it was time to join in.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2014 7:15 pm 
Forum Legend

Welcome Heather and Cooper! We're glad to have you join our little cocker family.

Shiloh - 4/5/95 - 5/23/11 RIP, sweet girl

PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2014 10:58 am 
Active Forum Member
 WWW  Profile

Hi Everyone!

This day has been a long time coming! Last Friday I picked up my new Spaniel. His name is Gus!

This is very personal story, but that is why we are all Spaniel lovers, right?!

I just turned 49 this past September and after suffering a heart attack in January, I could no longer deprive myself of having a loving loyal Spaniel. After having 2 stents placed in my heart and now on a clinical trial for stem cell research the time has come. Life is way too short! I have been given the gift of life and want a Spaniel by my side.

A little Viscott Family Spaniel History:

We got our first Family spaniel when I was a 5 year old boy, his name was Sandy and lived to be 18. When I was 13 my dad got Morgan a gorgeous Red spaniel. At 19 my dad got a white and buff parti, her name was Molly. At 21 Morgan and Molly had puppies. We kept 3, of course. Teddy, who looked just like his dad, though a little bigger. Isabella who was just like her Mom and Walter. Walter was buff and slim and very athletic, he held an extra special place in my heart.

After my Dad's passing my sister in NYC took care of Teddy, Isabella and Walter. She took great care of them for there rest of their lives. A couple years after the dogs had passed. My sister got a brother and sister, Otis and Lulu who are now 11 years old.

This is Gus. Born August 10, 2014

Attachment:
WEB_B2-D810_JV31766-2.jpg
WEB_B2-D810_JV31766-2.jpg [ 220.44 KiB | Viewed 3762 times ]

Morgan (Spaniel #2)

Attachment:
Muggsie.jpg
Muggsie.jpg [ 103.8 KiB | Viewed 3762 times ]

Morgan and Molly (Spaniel #2 and #3)

Attachment:
suchposers.jpg
suchposers.jpg [ 41.31 KiB | Viewed 3762 times ]

Walter (Left) and Teddy (Right) (Spaniels #4 and 5)

Attachment:
Walter-Teddy.jpg
Walter-Teddy.jpg [ 184.16 KiB | Viewed 3762 times ]

Mother Molly and Pup

Attachment:
Molly-with-Puppy-WalterX.jpg
Molly-with-Puppy-WalterX.jpg [ 176.04 KiB | Viewed 3762 times ]

I started a gallery of pictures of Gus on my website:

http://www.silvergus.com

--Jon Viscott

Last edited by viscott on Sat Oct 11, 2014 11:01 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2014 10:59 am 
Active Forum Member
 WWW  Profile

These are my sisters puppies, Otis and Lulu now 11 years.

Attachment:
Liz with O & L.jpg
Liz with O & L.jpg [ 86.32 KiB | Viewed 3762 times ]

PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2014 6:43 pm 
Forum Legend

Welcome to the forum! Your pup is beyond cute. All your past cockers and your sister's current cockers are cuties.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2014 9:31 am 
Active Forum Member

Hi everyone!
I've been a long-time lurker, using the forum as my go-to for information.
I am excited to share that the Boy (what I affectionately call my boyfriend) and I are going to pick up our little guy tomorrow. He is a buff boy, who comes from a buff dad and a black mom. He is one of 5 in his litter, the only buff!
My love for Cockers comes from my parents. Their first dog was a Cocker, also buff, followed by a black Parti English Cocker and now the family's current pup is a Springer Spaniel.
This has been a long time coming for me as I have wanted "my own" Cocker for a long time. It will be the Boy's first dog ever. We will certainly have our work cut out for us, but know it will be so rewarding in the end. :hp
Pictures to follow. :lol3

PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2014 7:08 pm 
Forum Legend

:Wlcm Blawlor...can't wait to see the pics. Buff are so cute

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2014 5:26 am 
Active Forum Member

Hello Everyone!! I am Jeff and this is our new addition Sadie Mae. She is 12 weeks old and is so precious. We also have a 13 year old Sheltie that loves her just as much as we do and is very protective of her even after only 3 days together. We had a Cocker several years ago and I just had to have another one.

Sadie Mae is already a Daddy's girl and I sure wouldn't want it any other way.

I was wondering if I should get the papers on her. The breeder offered them for an additional $50.00. Right now we are doubtful that we will breed her. If we stick to this is there really any other reason we would want/need the papers?

Thank you all for such an informative forum and I can't wait to share this journey with everyone as well as follow each of your journeys.

Attachment:
sadie mae2.JPG
sadie mae2.JPG [ 238.08 KiB | Viewed 3639 times ]

Attachment:
sadie mae.jpg
sadie mae.jpg [ 25.16 KiB | Viewed 3639 times ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 786 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32  Next