The Zim Family Cocker Spaniel Forum

An Online Community Of Cocker Spaniel Lovers
Click here to go to the main Zim Family Cockers web site

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Forum rules

Please click here to view the forum rules

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 786 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 32  Next
 Post subject: Re: Introduce Yourself!
PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2010 3:29 am 
Active Forum Member

Hi! I'm Sally from Little River SC. I currently have 2 cockers, Sadie a 10 month black and white parti and Sofphie, a rescue that is a brown and white parti. Sadie is full of life and keeps me going while Sophie likes nothing better than to be by side. I call her my velcro pup. I rescued her from a post on Craig's list in June and have been so blessed by her love. We aren't sure of her age maybe somewhere between 4 and 6.

I found this forum shortly after I brought Sadie home and am greatful every day for the fun and the information on cockers. IT has made me aware of the need for rescue and I have hooked up with our local shelter, infact I got a call this morning about a male in isolation in the shelter here, I think he just came in, and am going by to see if I can get him out and home with me. Anyway here are my current girls.

Attachments:
Sophie and Sadie.jpg
Sophie and Sadie.jpg [ 39.15 KiB | Viewed 5889 times ]
tired Sophie.jpg
tired Sophie.jpg [ 40.17 KiB | Viewed 5889 times ]
tired Sadie.jpg
tired Sadie.jpg [ 32.23 KiB | Viewed 5889 times ]

Max - Buff Male DOB 7/21/11

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2010 4:45 am 
Active Forum Member

I'm Susan and am owned by three fabulous cockers in Maryland. I've been a member of this forum, although not active in recent years, since May 2005, just a couple of places out of the first 50 to join.

Elmo, my buff boy, is 10 years old. He is as mild mannered as they come, never gave me a moment's trouble, and has an unbeatable Elvis lip thing going from time to time. We've shared our lives with him since puppyhood.
Cleo, my chocolate lady, is 8. She is a rehome via her breeder, and came to live with us a little over 4 years ago.
Zoe, my parti-princess clown, is 5. She was a show hopeful who, for whatever reason, just didn't make the cut. Lucky for us! She's turned our world upside down since she was 4.5 months old.
Some of you old-timers may remember Barkley. He's at the Bridge now running free and cancer-free. Barkley came from the DC shelter and was instrumental in making me a "dog mom".

I am a sometime volunteer for Oldies But Goodies Cocker Spaniel Rescue, as well as for the recently formed Hero-Dogs, Inc. You can visit Hero Dogs' website here http://www.hero-dogs.org/. I also have a wonderful husband and two daughters, one a recent (and employed!) law school graduate and one a college junior who is news editor of her campus newspaper.

Attachment:
trio sm oct 12 2008.jpg
trio sm oct 12 2008.jpg [ 81.54 KiB | Viewed 5887 times ]

Attachment:
Barkley closeup.jpg
Barkley closeup.jpg [ 88.33 KiB | Viewed 5887 times ]

--------------------
At the Bridge:
Barkley ~ 10/26/05
Elmo ~ 11/26/14
Cleo ~ 03/10/15

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2010 5:37 am 
Active Forum Member
 WWW  Profile

Hi, I am Vera from London in the UK. I have four dogs.

Troy, an 11-year old Pyrenean Mountain Dog
Dylan, a 9-year old Lurcher
Flash, a 6-year old Saluki
and of course
Jesse, a 3-year old American Cocker Spaniel

Troy and Dylan are retired therapy dogs. Dylan and Flash do agility (though Dylan is out of action at the moment after TPLO surgery) and Flash and Jesse do competitive obedience. I also run a dog training school in South London.

And here we are:

Mum to Flash (Saluki), Jesse (American Cocker Spaniel), Skye (English Cocker Spaniel) and Blake (Saluki Lurcher). RIP Troy and Dylan!

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2010 5:58 am 
Forum Legend
 WWW  YIM  Profile

Hi All! I am Tom and My wife is Nancy we live in Morenci, Michigan the most southern city in Michigan we are the "Gateway to the Great Lakes" and we even have our own bridge from Ohio! It's not long but historic, we have a bridge walk every year on Labor Day with politicians and a color guard and the Scouts and community events and fund raisers for charity! Lot's of fun. We are both in Retail Management with different companies, but, find we have a lot of the same problems and opportunities to talk about! We are the proud parents of BUDDY and LEO! Buddy is a, black and tan, English Cocker who is very loving, overly smart and a genius at making up games to play with his balls. He can entertain himself for hours at a time with nothing more than his ball and his old sheet! He is a rescue from a bad situation his previous owner gave him up and he was due to be put down by the shelter, PAWS to the rescue and I found him on line and fell in love! He was alone for about a year and needed a friend! So we started looking and saw an advertisement for Cockers in the paper. we went to see the Cockers and walked into a mess! The lady was a would be breeder who had no clue she had cages set up in filthy retched conditions! We saw "LEO" who was being used for stud in a cage and knew he was going to go home with us no matter what! Well to make a long story short she is no longer in business. LEO is in a loving home and is one sweet, energetic, marvelous, cute, silly little dog! He thinks he's a cat he loves to be in high places and pounces on his ball and bats it around like a cat. He grooms himself like a cat and loves to lay in the Sun. He lives up to his name "LEO" and we love him very, very much! Both of our boys are a joy to be around and give so much love to Nancy and Me! We have had several Cockers over the years, but, I think these two are extra special!

Attachments:
File comment: Buddy the day we got him!
BUDDY 2.JPG
BUDDY 2.JPG [ 19.86 KiB | Viewed 5879 times ]
File comment: Pretty Boy
tmpphpptmXy5.jpg
tmpphpptmXy5.jpg [ 46.91 KiB | Viewed 5879 times ]
File comment: Nancy, Tom, Buddy and Leo
Copy of IMG_1459.JPG
Copy of IMG_1459.JPG [ 99.26 KiB | Viewed 5879 times ]
File comment: Leo the cat!
Copy (2) of phpdmXTlfPM.jpg
Copy (2) of phpdmXTlfPM.jpg [ 45.45 KiB | Viewed 5879 times ]
File comment: Sleepin in the Sun!
php1IujlXPM.jpg
php1IujlXPM.jpg [ 48.76 KiB | Viewed 5879 times ]

LEO White Lighter [Parti-SABLE]

Cockers: At The Rainbow Bridge...
Ch. Prince Tom's Sugar Crisp (Crispy),
Ch. Luc-Kee Prince Bondee, Taffee & Baron
Akita's: Sachi & Sake

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2010 10:13 am 
Active Forum Member

HI! I am Jennifer Lowe. I was on the forum a long time ago, right after it first started, but then I got busy with work and didn't get to post much, although I do lurk around alot. (Planning on changing that!)

Freckles, our cocker baby, just turned 6 this past June. He is truly our baby!

We are from Central Arkansas, and one of our favorite things to do is to go to Razorback football games. We've even taught Freckles how to "Call the Hogs"! Woo Pig Sooie!

Attachments:
Bran&IRazorbackGame.jpg
Bran&IRazorbackGame.jpg [ 34.58 KiB | Viewed 5856 times ]
frecklesoncouch.jpg
frecklesoncouch.jpg [ 110.52 KiB | Viewed 5856 times ]

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2010 10:20 am 
Active Forum Member

Hello everyone! My name is Sherri and I have been a member of this forum since 2003, although in the past yr I haven't posted on here very much :( I hope to visit it a lot more frequently and hope to stay current on all the goings on.
I have 3 pets right now (well, 4 if you count the stray cat that I feed and take to the vet)
Toby is my Red & White parti cocker. He will be 6 this Oct.
Kayla is my tri-colored 13" beagle. She is 7.
Andrew is my DSH tabby mix cat (aka "The hissy creature") He is 7.
"Willie Williams" is the DSH solid white cat - we won't call him a hissy creature because he is the sweetest cat I have ever met. He get's along well with everyone. Even my grumpy old beagle that doesn't even get along with our cat Andrew that lives inside with her.
Here are some pics of my babies!

Attachments:
willieresized.jpg
willieresized.jpg [ 38.19 KiB | Viewed 5774 times ]
andrewresized.jpg
andrewresized.jpg [ 37.44 KiB | Viewed 5774 times ]
kaylaresized.jpg
kaylaresized.jpg [ 16.39 KiB | Viewed 5774 times ]
Tobyresized.jpg
Tobyresized.jpg [ 27.5 KiB | Viewed 5774 times ]

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2010 10:40 am 
Active Forum Member

Hi I'm Tharice formally logged as Bill in Cerritos (don't ask and I won't tell). We are the parents of Alexis Star (5 years old) Madison, aka Smarti-pantz 6 months and our honorary cocker Paco the Chihuahua...aka Chi-Chi (uncle Stephen calls him that). We have owned cockers for over 25 years and even once experimented and had a litter with our beloved Daisey-Mae so we wound up being grandpawents to her beautiful daughter Samantha may they both have fun at the Rainbow Bridge together. I hit and miss on the forum and don't post a lot of pictures (bad mommy) but will try to do better as I work more than I care to mention and my retired husband gets side tracked like Madison with shiny objects. So I am posting some really old pictures (Christmas of 09) and a few newer ones to give you just a hint of who we are...

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2010 10:46 am 
Active Forum Member

Tharice O wrote:
Hi I'm Tharice formally logged as Bill in Cerritos (don't ask and I won't tell). We are the parents of Alexis Star (5 years old) Madison, aka Smarti-pantz 6 months and our honorary cocker Paco the Chihuahua...aka Chi-Chi (uncle Stephen calls him that). We have owned cockers for over 25 years and even once experimented and had a litter with our beloved Daisey-Mae so we wound up being grandpawents to her beautiful daughter Samantha may they both have fun at the Rainbow Bridge together. I hit and miss on the forum and don't post a lot of pictures (bad mommy) but will try to do better as I work more than I care to mention and my retired husband gets side tracked like Madison with shiny objects. So I am posting some really old pictures (Christmas of 09) and a few newer ones to give you just a hint of who we are...

Ok I am an idiot I cannot get my pictures to post!! I'll keep trying UGH...

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2010 11:16 am 
I Own A Zim Dog!

Hi I am Julia from central CA! My husband John and I have a 1 year old daughter named Grace. We have one cocker, Captain Jack Spaniel, who is a Zim cocker born to Reese in 2007. We also have a miniature schnauzer named Bailey, one cat and two rabbits.

I don't get to post as often here any more, but read frequently. :hi Here are some pictures that I have on this computer....

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2010 11:22 am 
I Rescued A Cocker!

Julia...Love your photos. But Love, Love, Love the last two. :hp

Artemis-Non-Cocker (Shih Tzu) 12/21/2002
Maliika-Missed everyday - June 24,2002 - March 20, 2010

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2010 4:20 pm 
Active Forum Member

Hi, I am Sharon and I have been on the forum since 2006. I live in Shoreline, Washington which is just a little north of Seattle.

Barney is our little cocker boy, he is 4 years old and the love of our lives. Barney is our third cocker. First we had Buffy who was with us for 14 years. Then we got Charlie who was also with us for 14 years.

I am married to Bud, who recently retired from Boeing. My son's name is Tim and he is married to Shiho and they have a little girl named Emma who is 2 1/2. They are expecting a little boy in November.

My daughter is Shelby and she has two little girls. Libby is 6 1/2 and Daphne is 5. So we are really looking forward to a little boy to be in the family.

The forum has brought me so much joy. I feel like I have many friends all over the world.

Attachments:
09-11-23 Sweet Barney.jpg
09-11-23 Sweet Barney.jpg [ 58.93 KiB | Viewed 5995 times ]

Last edited by Sharon Chadwick on Sun Dec 05, 2010 2:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2010 4:38 pm 
Forum Moderator
 WWW  Profile

I love Mr Barney's freckles! I remember a picture you posted of him as a pup, with a bow on his head (during the Christmas holidays I think). Such a cutie!

PostPosted: Sat Sep 18, 2010 1:17 pm 
Active Forum Member

Hello all!

I am Priyanka A, owned by my 13-year old rescue, Peaches. :hp I adopted her 4 years ago when I was living in Phoenix, AZ. I currently live in Mountain View, CA with my husband. We just got married in May 2010. Some of you may remember that Peaches had a pacemaker surgery in June 2009 for her 3 concurrent heart diseases; I am more than pleased to report that she is doing fabulously! She has lots of energy now, a penchant for claiming the sofa and bed as her own, and a renewed sense of smell that ensures that we never keep anything edible within grabbing reach. :lol2

Attachments:
File comment: Peaches and me at the NorCal playdate earlier this year.
IMG_1009_1.jpg
IMG_1009_1.jpg [ 98.73 KiB | Viewed 5964 times ]
File comment: California Livin'.
Ms Poser_wo leash.JPG
Ms Poser_wo leash.JPG [ 47.36 KiB | Viewed 5964 times ]
File comment: Chilling out at Big Sur beach
Big Sur.jpg
Big Sur.jpg [ 52.58 KiB | Viewed 5964 times ]
File comment: My husband and me at our wedding (a traditional North Indian Hindu wedding).
G&P.jpg
G&P.jpg [ 80.92 KiB | Viewed 5964 times ]

PostPosted: Sat Sep 18, 2010 4:34 pm 
Active Forum Member

My name is Kristy and I'm a stay at home/homeschooling mom. I have three human kids (8,6, & ALMOST 2) and 2 fur kids (both about 1.5). I've been a member of the forum for a year since I rescued Lucy from a family member who needed to get rid of her and was going to take her to the pound. She's a spunky little girl, but seriously should have been a buff cause she's pretty ditzy. I didn't realize how dominating of a personality she had until Jake came to our home. So jealous over EVERYTHING.

Lucy with my son a year ago on his 1st birthday.

Jake we adopted from Eilene up in WA (hello Eilene if you log onto the new board :hi ). And if she tells you a story of how ditzy I was when we were up in May, I might possibly deny it to the grave. How embarassing.... Jakie-poo is a sweetheart, but PAINFULLY shy and such a weanie! I have to let everyone who comes over give him a treat or else he hides in the corner/under the table/on the girls bed and growls :roll He loves the kids so much though and is completely dominated by Lucy who weighs 10 lbs. less. I need to download photos off of my camera as the only pictures I have of Jake are what Eilene sent me. Bad momma!

Jake at 8 months

Jake at 8 weeks

PostPosted: Sat Sep 18, 2010 8:10 pm 
Forum Legend

Hi: My name is Mayrah. I live in Alabama. I have a red cocker name Holly, she is almost 11 years old. I have always had Cockers. My very first was a parti tan and white, name Sasha, then we inherited another Sasha but black, and Monchi #1 and Monchi #2 both partis. I think this is one of the best breeds to own. I have been a member of the forum for just a few months, even though I have been checking it out for a while. I am in love with Joanna's babies and it makes me want to get a new puppy. I am ot sure how Holly will feel about that as she is the queen of the household. I am glad to meet you all and share our love to this wonderful creatures.

Attachments:
File comment: Holly
phpJWZsFePM.jpg
phpJWZsFePM.jpg [ 36.29 KiB | Viewed 5916 times ]

Mom to dear Holly AKA Holly Caramel Candy 10/99-02/13 who went to meet Monchi, Sasha 1 and 2, in the Rainbow Bridge.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 2010 8:30 am 
Forum Legend

My name is Linda and I originally joined the forum at the end of 2009. What a great place!

I live in Yucaipa, CA (a little east of San Bernardino) with two tri parti cockers, Royal and Spice, and a cat named PC.

Royal has been out showing and in 5 weekends has earned 13 points, including a 4 point major, towards his AKC Ch. title. He is an AKC S.T.A.R puppy and has passed his C.G.C. test. On Aug. 22, 2010 he got his International Ch. title. He knows about a dozen tricks and loves to do "tricks for treats" LOL! He is my velcro dog!!!

Spice has been out showing 2 weekends. She has 5 RWB's and a BOS in Sweeps to her credit. No points yet. She is also an AKC S.T.A.R. puppy. She is a little stinker and always into everything. I have nicknamed her "brat girl!"

When I'm not at a dog show or here on the forum I do kniting, crocheting, quilting or Swedish Weaving. I'm currently working on a quilt. Occasionally, I clean house. LOL!!

Attachments:
01-21-2010 - 01.jpg
01-21-2010 - 01.jpg [ 37.63 KiB | Viewed 5843 times ]
07-10-2010-Royal - Ventura-Sebastian.jpg
07-10-2010-Royal - Ventura-Sebastian.jpg [ 68.76 KiB | Viewed 5843 times ]
07-07-2010-Spice-01.jpg
07-07-2010-Spice-01.jpg [ 39.65 KiB | Viewed 5843 times ]
05-29-2010-Spice-Reserve Winners Bitch-Dan Ducey.jpg
05-29-2010-Spice-Reserve Winners Bitch-Dan Ducey.jpg [ 58.75 KiB | Viewed 5843 times ]

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2010 4:26 am 
Active Forum Member

I am Elmer J Fudd, I own a mansion and a yacht! :lol2

Hello all I am the owner of two cocker partis, Lucy 3yo and Ricky 2yo.
We refer to them lovingly as the "replacement kids".

Attachments:
File comment: Lucy
lucyface.jpg
lucyface.jpg [ 56.64 KiB | Viewed 5793 times ]
File comment: Ricky
rrrrrr.jpg
rrrrrr.jpg [ 36.26 KiB | Viewed 5793 times ]

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2010 4:29 am 
Active Forum Member

Priyanka A wrote:
[i][b]Hello all!

We just got married in May 2010.

Priyanka!!!
I don't think I saw your wedding pictures! How stunning you look!!!
Here's to wishing you many years of health and happiness!!

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2010 6:29 pm 
Active Forum Member

Attachment:
phpnTIVg7PM.jpg
phpnTIVg7PM.jpg [ 26.28 KiB | Viewed 5733 times ]
Attachment:
php15PhqXPM.jpg
php15PhqXPM.jpg [ 39.7 KiB | Viewed 5733 times ]
Hi Everyone! I am Mickey Brown and I live near Atlanta, Ga. I have four cockers and four cats. Three of my cockers are retired show dogs that I adopted from the breeder. My fourth, Scooby came to us just a couple of months ago from a local shelter. He is only 2 yrs. old and I don't usually get the younger dogs because I'd like to be around for them but he was an exception because he was an owner surrender and I was afraid for him. I was going to try to find him a home but he was so sweet that he won over my husband, Richard within a couple of days and he said we could keep him. The others are Sapphire, blk/wht. parti, Sundae, red/wht. parti. and Sienna, brown & tan. Scooby, sable parti. Our children are grown and Richard & I have six grandchildren.
Attachment:
phpbYnQWxPM.jpg
phpbYnQWxPM.jpg [ 34.7 KiB | Viewed 5733 times ]

Attachment:
phps0zaeTPM.jpg
phps0zaeTPM.jpg [ 42.26 KiB | Viewed 5733 times ]

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2010 8:00 pm 
Active Forum Member
 WWW  Profile

Hi, everyone. My Name is Ellen. I live in SUn Valley Nv with my hubby and two Kids. I have loved cockers all my life. Although I could never have one when I was growing up. Shortly after my husband and I got together we purchased our first cocker. and Have had one ever since. Shadow is almost 8 and Penny is almost 5. I have learned so many things from everyone on the forum. I joined the forum shortly after Jim created it and still follow all of the new forum members. And the old ones as well.
I will try to post more often.. Here is a pic of my babies

Attachments:
Shadowpenny.png
Shadowpenny.png [ 1013.41 KiB | Viewed 5726 times ]

Directed By Shadow and Penny

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2010 5:48 am 
Active Forum Member

Hi! I'm Kaci and I live in OKC. I live with my wonderful husband, 2 cockers, 3 cats, and many fish. A zoo in other words :goof
I have 2 cockers, Walker & Ranger (yes, named after the tv show Walker Texas Ranger). Walker is 1 yr 7 months old and Ranger just had his first birthday last Sunday.

I didn't like cockers growing up, no good reason why. But my husband grew up with them and wanted one as our first dog. We got Walker, and my whole outlook changed. After 8 blissful months with Walker, we decided to give him a buddy and adopted Ranger. They became fast friends and we haven't looked back since. They bring me and my family so much joy, I can't imagine my life without them. :hp :hp

Attachments:
File comment: One of my favorite pictures of Walkie as a baby
baby walkie.jpg
baby walkie.jpg [ 71.16 KiB | Viewed 5864 times ]
File comment: Baby Ranger
baby ranger.jpg
baby ranger.jpg [ 69.46 KiB | Viewed 5864 times ]
File comment: Fast friends
edit.jpg
edit.jpg [ 93.67 KiB | Viewed 5864 times ]
File comment: My beautiful boys today.
edit.jpg
edit.jpg [ 79.44 KiB | Viewed 5864 times ]
File comment: My husband, Walker (as a pup), and I
fam.jpg
fam.jpg [ 73.76 KiB | Viewed 5775 times ]

Mommy to:
Walker -Buff - Born 2/22/09 and
Ranger - R&W - Born 9/19/09

Last edited by Kaci on Tue Sep 21, 2010 12:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2010 7:08 am 
Active Forum Member

Hi I'm Sara, used to be SaraP (I'm getting divorced so I'm dropping the P :wnk ) I'm owned by 2 human children, Isabella (Izzie) age 3.5 and Caleb age 10 months and 3 furry kids, Sasha, Indy and Baxter.

Sasha is my nutty husky and she'll be 5 in December, Indy was my first baby :love and he just turned 5 in March and Baxter just celebrated his 2nd gotcha day with my family, he's around 4 or 5. Baxter was rescued by this forum, fostered by Kell in SD and became my transport failure :gig . I am very involved with cocker rescue and am considered the VP of Cherished Cockers, though I've been very bad lately about carrying my weight, as I was unemployed and being a stay at home mom. I just went back to work in August so hopefully I'll be able to get rescuing again. You can usually find me more easily on FB now a days...I'm Sara Hallett Popp on FB. But I'm trying to spend more time here again.

Attachments:
File comment: Baxter (a rare picture, he's camera shy)
zims1.jpg
zims1.jpg [ 81.3 KiB | Viewed 5852 times ]
File comment: The humans
zims2.jpg
zims2.jpg [ 50.58 KiB | Viewed 5852 times ]
File comment: Sasha
zims3.jpg
zims3.jpg [ 52.29 KiB | Viewed 5852 times ]
File comment: Indy
zims4.jpg
zims4.jpg [ 28.65 KiB | Viewed 5852 times ]

VP Cherished Cockers http://www.cherishedcockers.org

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2010 7:51 am 
Forum Legend

I love all three of my kids but Beau is my Heart Baby... :hp

Attachments:
heart baby.jpg
heart baby.jpg [ 43.71 KiB | Viewed 5845 times ]

Beaumont: 7 y/o Male and Freddie: 4 y/o Female: Living w/Daddy Robbie

Blake, Abby and Sebby forever a part of me.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2010 8:28 am 
I Rescued A Cocker!

Stephen wrote:

Deer Person Fowmawwee Known as Poppee -

Me n Sebbi R goin' to Cawifornia!

Fweddie

Sadie, CGC, TDI, our darling li'l black girl who adopted us 9/5/09, honorary BD 6/9/08
Rusty, we'll love you forever, 9/22/95 - 4/2/09
Mopsie, you're always in our hearts, 1978 - 1994

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2010 8:30 am 
Forum Legend

MJ Watt wrote:
Stephen wrote:

Deer Person Fowmawwee Known as Poppee -

Me n Sebbi R goin' to Cawifornia!

Fweddie

Sadie, I know that you wrote this, better hide your nubbie because I am going to get it again someday... :happy

Beaumont: 7 y/o Male and Freddie: 4 y/o Female: Living w/Daddy Robbie

Blake, Abby and Sebby forever a part of me.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 786 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 32  Next