The Zim Family Cocker Spaniel Forum

An Online Community Of Cocker Spaniel Lovers
Click here to go to the main Zim Family Cockers web site

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Forum rules

Please click here to view the forum rules

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 786 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 32  Next
 Post subject: Re: Introduce Yourself!
PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2010 5:50 pm 
Active Forum Member

Hi everyone! I am Tracey from Calgary, Alberta Canada. I am 40 years old and work for an airline here in Calgary. We fly to many US locations so who knows, maybe one day we'll make it to a Looza!

I have a wonderful husband of 4 years this October named Jeff. We have 2 cockers. Daisy is 2 years old, a black and white parti girl who is full of energy. Daisy wasn't from a breeder, but we've been mostly lucky with her temperament and health. Daisy joined us at 6.5 weeks old - which was way too young for sure, but she adjusted to our family quite nicely. In May of this year we got her a brother, despite the fact that she didn't ask and wasn't overly pleased. Wookie joined our family - he came from a reputable breeder here in Alberta and is from champion bloodlines. He's our chocolate kiss. I wasn't sure about a boy at first, but I could not ask for a more loving, sweet little dog. We are working on housetraining and obedience, but it's slow as he's...well....pretty laid back lets just say.

I'm so happy that this thread was started and I too love the fact that people are posting photos of themselves...so I'll follow suit.

Take care everyone! :hi

Attachments:
File comment: Miss Daisy Mae at about 15 months.
Daisy573_052909.jpg
Daisy573_052909.jpg [ 207.78 KiB | Viewed 6491 times ]
File comment: Wookie at 5 1/2 months
Wookie.jpg
Wookie.jpg [ 254.09 KiB | Viewed 6491 times ]
File comment: Jeff and I
TandJ.jpg
TandJ.jpg [ 234.22 KiB | Viewed 6491 times ]

Daisy-03/16/08-our B&W parti girl
Wookie-3/23/10-Chocolate boy

"If ever there comes a day we can't be together, keep me in your heart I'll stay there forever" ~ Winnie the Pooh
for Kasey, Chewie & Sushi

PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2010 6:03 pm 
Active Forum Member

I'm Marian, and I'm owned by Cocoa. We joined the forum in 2005, around the time I got Cocoa. I realized today I can't remember her birthdate - I had it in my signature and now I'm going to have to dig out her papers and look it up! If that doesn't clue you in on my age, I'll admit to it - I'm 54 and of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most!
I have 3 daughters, who have 4 cockers between them, 2 of whom live with us. I also have the world's cutest granddaughter, age 21 months, AND the world's cutest grandson, age 10 weeks!
Thanks to the forum, I've learned to groom our family's cockers, not anywhere close to show standards :lol2 but close enough to a cocker cut to please us. Thank you Jim for making your grooming DVD! If I can learn to do it, ANYONE can :lol
I work for my sister, who is a CPA, and I volunteer at our church as the Children's Ministries Coordinator - my husband is the pastor. I keep thinking life is going to slow down some now that we're grandparents - y'know, getting older - but I'm about to give up on that! Oh, well, life is what happens while you're making other plans :bg

Attachments:
File comment: My sweet Cocoa
2009_07Cocoa1.jpg
2009_07Cocoa1.jpg [ 66.2 KiB | Viewed 6488 times ]
File comment: My 3 daughters with 3 of their dogs on Halloween - Dorothy & Toto, Beauty & the Beast, and the Scarecrow & the Cowardly Lion
DaughtersNDogs.JPG
DaughtersNDogs.JPG [ 74.53 KiB | Viewed 6488 times ]
File comment: Cocoa when we first got her :-)
BabyCocoa.jpg
BabyCocoa.jpg [ 86.8 KiB | Viewed 6488 times ]

PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2010 6:56 pm 
Active Forum Member

Hey y'all! I re-introduced my cockers and myself earlier but seen this thread so I will re-introduce here too. I joined the forum alittle over a month ago before the forum crashed. My name is Brooke and my husband's name is Alan. We have 3 cockers. Dillon- 3 year old male black cocker that loves his red rubber Kong ball, Reid- 3 year old male chocolate cocker that is really mellow, and Sparkie- 5 year old female black & white parti color cocker that loves attention. I love them so much. I had a buff cocker named Sadie that I had before them. She was my 1st cocker spaniel and she was so sweet. She was my best friend and I was very close to her. She is now in heaven and I will never forget her. All 3 of my cockers get along great and they love to play with each other. They are my buddies. Glad the forum is back and going. Thank you Jim Zim.
Here are a couple of pictures I want to share.

Attachments:
File comment: Reid, Sparkie, & Dillon
phpCgvQoiPM.jpg
phpCgvQoiPM.jpg [ 87.97 KiB | Viewed 6482 times ]
File comment: Sadie & me (Brooke)
2010 Sadie B.jpg
2010 Sadie B.jpg [ 74.61 KiB | Viewed 6482 times ]

Sparkie- black & white parti cocker
Sadie- buff cocker 5-16-97 to 5-18-07 she is in heaven & miss her so much

PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2010 7:25 pm 
I Rescued A Cocker!

Sorry...I had posted in a new thread and then I found this one. So I moved it here.

I had only recently found and joined this forum. And I love it!!! I enjoy sharing my time with people who share my love for Cocker Spaniels. I am Donna from Taylorsville, KY. My first Cocker was Maliika (pronounced MA-LEAK-A). She was with me for almost 8 years and have been gone since March. I miss her every day.

I now have Molly. She is 6 months old today and quite the handful!

And Lexi. She is my heartworm positive rescue. She gets her second and third shots on Monday and Tuesday.

Nothing beats a good game of Tug O'war.

My other furbabies include a 1 year old Australian Shepherd, a 1 year old German Shepherd and an 8 year old Shih Tzu.

Artemis-Non-Cocker (Shih Tzu) 12/21/2002
Maliika-Missed everyday - June 24,2002 - March 20, 2010

PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2010 7:47 pm 
Active Forum Member

I am Nancy and I live in California. We have an approximately 8-9 year old male cocker, Rusty. We rescued him in 2009 from a shelter. We had a buff female prior to Rusty. I have pictures, but so far have not been able to figure out how to post them. I will work on it.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2010 5:37 am 
Active Forum Member

:hi from the Capital of the Lone Star State, Austin. My name is Lee and I started lurking on the forum when I got Bentley in December of '07 and was brave enough to join in March '08. I have had nothing but fun ever since and enjoyed the friendships made, the trips to meet you wonderful folks (California playdate '09, Stephen's '09, MN Looza '10, Richmond Nationals '10, Tricia's '10) and the wealth of information that you have shared.

Bentley is my laid back lap boy who loves his people. He truly loves all four members of our family and gets and gives great joy to each and every one of us. His world changed when a piece of chocolate entered our casa in Oct '09!

Attachment:
File comment: My boy B can chill anywhere....
Bentley Model.jpeg
Bentley Model.jpeg [ 85.15 KiB | Viewed 6587 times ]

Our piece of chocolate was our gift from Erika K. and Ryan of Keryer's Cockers when they decided that their little girl didn't want to be a show dog. What a loving and difficult decision for them and wonderful decision for our family. Paisley changed our world :wnk ! She came into our home with a 'tude and took command of "the boys" and nothing has been the same since :love ! She is the first one to give kisses in the morning and the one to check on us at night to be sure that we are breathing OK! She hasn't met a stuffie that doesn't make her entire body wiggle with glee :happy . Our baby girl Pais.

Attachment:
File comment: My Precious Paisley
phpbHgyhCPM.jpeg
phpbHgyhCPM.jpeg [ 70.23 KiB | Viewed 6587 times ]

We love to take the dogs with us to romp at the deer lease or various friends ranches where they can run and play and have a ball. You will see posts over time of my "dirty dogs" :OMY ! KC our 100 lb chocolate lab and our granddog Cabo make up the pack and our home is usually quite fun if you like dogs! The UPS man carries dog treats with him :wnk ! If you are ever in Austin let me know. Otherwise; you just may see me in your neck of the woods :wv !

Attachment:
File comment: Got chocolate?
php1gtXPQPM.jpeg
php1gtXPQPM.jpeg [ 112.12 KiB | Viewed 6587 times ]

Attachment:
File comment: Ranch dogs...
phpVlG05HPM.jpeg
phpVlG05HPM.jpeg [ 134.33 KiB | Viewed 6587 times ]

KC, Chocolate Lab ~ 5/5/05
Cabo, Golden Retriever ~ 3/18/08

PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2010 6:14 am 
I Rescued A Cocker!

My name is Juanita from San Antonio, TX. I have had 6 Cocker Spaniels over the last 30 years...raised four puppies and rehomed two retired breeder Champions.

My current Cocker is named DeeDee(Showcase's Mighty Aphrodite). She is a retired Champion showdog who came to live with us after losing my other retired showgirl, Abi(J-Don's Prime Tyme Player).

I firmly believe that I have experienced almost all breed-related illnesses in my past Cockers, including epilepsy and torn ACL's.

Here is a picture of DeeDee and myself meeting for the first time:
Attachment:
File comment: First meeting
DeeDee Meets Juanita.jpg
DeeDee Meets Juanita.jpg [ 102.17 KiB | Viewed 6580 times ]

Here is DeeDee and I shortly after coming to our home to live:
Attachment:
File comment: Birthday Kisses
Birthday Kisses-May 22, 2007.jpg
Birthday Kisses-May 22, 2007.jpg [ 93.48 KiB | Viewed 6580 times ]

Missing Abi and Leroy with all my heart.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2010 6:18 am 
Active Forum Member

Hope you all don't mind if I join in :)

My name is Jamie, and I was very active on this forum when I had my cocker, Keegan. Unfortunately, I was in a terrible situation and Keegan found a wonderful new home with a forum member! This forum helped me save Keegan and I'll always be grateful. I still check regularly to see if there are any new posts about her, though I don't post.

I am currently dog-less but doing so much better since that time! Maybe someday in the long distance future I'll have another dog, but I haven't decided yet! I've changed so much and grown a lot since then :)

I am currently single, reside in Florida, and going to school for a certificate in Medical Coding and Billing, with the immediate goal after that is obtained to get my associates in Health Information Management. I currently work for a Medicare part D insurance company and love my job to bits. I am active on two separate message boards for birds, as I have an 11 year old Cockatiel named Deo who is the light of my life and really hope someday to own a Rose Breasted Cockatoo. I've had birds since I was about 3 years old :)

ETA: I recently just obtained a new baby, a Pied Lutino (though it's hard to tell!) Cockatiel named Spice!

Attachments:
File comment: Me
profilefacebook.png
profilefacebook.png [ 121.27 KiB | Viewed 6578 times ]
File comment: Deo, going through a molt. He was asking me to give him a kiss when this photo was taken :)
kissmerighthere.png
kissmerighthere.png [ 236.38 KiB | Viewed 6578 times ]
File comment: The new kid on the block, Nilla Spice!
spice.png
spice.png [ 303.59 KiB | Viewed 6497 times ]

Last edited by Jamie on Sat Sep 18, 2010 2:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2010 6:35 am 
Active Forum Member

:wv Hi! I'm Dana! DanaBob is a nickname that it seems like everybody uses... my Dad started it with DanaBob Shortpants a loooong time ago... and lucky me, even my administrator at work calls me it occasionally! :tg

I have an 8 year old Cocker named Maddie, who is my heart dog! :hp I've had her since she was 8wks old, and we are attached at the hip. We are so in sync sometimes its scary! She goes just about everywhere with me.
When she was about four she was attacked by another dog (very tramatic for me to talk about sometimes still) and she is blind in her right eye, but it doesn't faze her!!! This year we have been battling allergies & skin infections, but she's on the mend and has an app with the dermatologist in Nov.
Attachment:
maddiesummer2010.jpg
maddiesummer2010.jpg [ 94.92 KiB | Viewed 6574 times ]

I'm a lead preschool teacher, and I love my job! Each new school year is adding more kids to the 'family', and getting them ready for kindergarten. I also like to encourage a love (and respect) for animals in the classroom, we have lots of animal visitors!

I live in Northeast OH, a little ways west of Cleveland & and I am dog crazy! I sometimes foster for Cherished Cockers, volunteer at the local APL, and (more recently) have been asked to help volunteer at the local pound. We love going to pet-related events like expos, "Woofstock" and the Doggie Doo. We also love to go for walks, and hike in the woods, and sometimes go camping.
I have two roommates (who are twins and my cousins) and they each have a cocker. Kayla has Tucker, and Amanda has Mia... but of course I spoil them all equally! :gig and claim them as my own... when they are behaving LOL Early this year Tucker woke up paralyzed, and it turns out he has IVDD. A couple months later Mia had to have surgery on her luxating patella but they're both doing great! :th-up
Attachment:
maddie and mia 91110.jpg
maddie and mia 91110.jpg [ 86.94 KiB | Viewed 6574 times ]

Attachment:
3.jpg
3.jpg [ 23.23 KiB | Viewed 6574 times ]

Between us, we also have 4 ferrets. They are so fun! They all get along with all of the dogs... Maddie loves to play with Izzy and Murtagh!
Murtagh is my latest addition, he's a show ferret, a retired breeder from SHD. His show name is SHD's Murtagh Ale. I took him to a show last month and he placed 9th, and got a ribbon, it was A LOT of fun!! He is the best cuddler! I call him Puppy beacuse he's like a fat puppy. He's huge! Izzy is a dark eyed white, and she's deaf, loves to play in water and get into trouble. Annie is a dark sable, she's a fast, fiesty little sucker, very playful. And Peyton's a champagne mutt (that means her markings are mixed) and she's mellow... for a girl LOL
Attachment:
File comment: (in order) Murtagh, Izzy, Annie, and Peyton
just ferrets.jpg
just ferrets.jpg [ 32.28 KiB | Viewed 6574 times ]

I tend to lurk more than I post, but I'm trying to break that habbit :wk I originally joined Zims when Maddie was 3 or 4 I think... so its been a while!

PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2010 7:32 am 
I Rescued A Cocker!

Hi! I'm Jean and as you can see, I live in Minneapolis. Here is a picture of my little (17 pound) Isabel with my grand daughter. Isabel is a rescue and has been VERY shy, but is really growing in confidence and living a charmed life here with me and Rosie, the cat. I am a Montessori teacher, working with 3 to 6 year-olds at a school I've been with for 30 years. My three human children are all embarked on their exciting adult lives, one here in Minneapolis, the other two in Seattle.

I've posted quite a lot of information on what has helped Issa with her fearfulness, and - though all those posts are lost, of course - I'm always glad to let people know what has worked for us. I think we've tried just about everything, and Isabel has made fabulous progress!!

Sometimes we hear from Joey, the Naughty Dog, who sends us an occasional postcard from the Rainbow Bridge. He seems to be in communication with some other Forum dogs as well, egging them on in new forms of mischief. (No names necessary, Vickie.)

Attachments:
Issa and Ainslie.jpg
Issa and Ainslie.jpg [ 65.51 KiB | Viewed 6568 times ]

Forever in our hearts: Isabel, Joey and Bear

PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2010 9:28 am 
Active Forum Member

Hi everyone! I hafta say the "crash at least lets us all get re- acuainted : )
My name is Susan, and Reesie is my 20 month old cockerspaniel! We have had some ups and downs but I love her like a third child!
We live in north western pennsylvania. I'm a married mom of 2 teenagers.
I have my own hair salon in my house.
All in all, Life is Good : )

The Kitties: Mitzy and "grandma" to Charley
Suki the bitie hamster
Waiting for me:
Pudgy the beagle mix----I miss you every day

PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2010 9:32 am 
Active Forum Member

Opps I forgot to add a pic !

Attachments:
File comment: Reesie as a 10 week old puppy---- my baby, oh and thats me : )
phpuhNHm3AM.jpg
phpuhNHm3AM.jpg [ 64.01 KiB | Viewed 6473 times ]
File comment: Reesie in her bikini hehehehe
P3190064.jpg
P3190064.jpg [ 80.18 KiB | Viewed 6473 times ]

The Kitties: Mitzy and "grandma" to Charley
Suki the bitie hamster
Waiting for me:
Pudgy the beagle mix----I miss you every day

PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2010 10:26 am 
Forum Legend
 WWW  Profile

More of a re-introduce!! I'm Lucy and I love this forum and post on it all the time - I was way ahead of any other posters I think, rather embarrassingly!! I have George, an 8 year old buff American cocker (I'm in the UK, so to us a cocker is an English cocker). I also have Ellie, a 5 year old Cavalier, and her daughter Hetty who is 11 weeks old tomorrow. I did have my heart dog, once-in-a-lifetime special boy Henry, he was 3 days younger than George but sadly died suddenly in June this year, and I still can't type about him without crying. We recently moved to Suffolk from north London, and it's lovely here in the country. George likes to go hillwalking with my husband Stephen, and often gets very very muddy. Ellie is also a show and obedience dog and we are training in rally which recently started over here. Henry was my top show dog and won his class at Crufts twice. And Hetty - we'll see! :th-up

Attachments:
File comment: Ellie, Hetty & George
IMG_0210small.jpg
IMG_0210small.jpg [ 140 KiB | Viewed 6469 times ]
File comment: Me and Henry on the day he won his CC (you need three to be a UK Champion)
2003-07-04-123111small.jpg
2003-07-04-123111small.jpg [ 110.45 KiB | Viewed 6469 times ]

Spaniels are the best dogs!!

PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2010 12:18 pm 
I Rescue Cockers

Lee wrote:

The UPS man carries dog treats with him :wnk !

Lee,
My Schwan's delivery man carries treats in his pocket. My dogs know which pocket, as a matter of fact. The funniest is our FedEx Driver, if we're not home, he leaves 3 dog biscuits on top of the package when he leaves it on the porch. Cracks me up!!

Former foster mom to too many to name!

PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2010 12:39 pm 
Active Forum Member

Hi there! We're Nina, Robyn, and Riley :wv from Florida! Fairly new and love visiting the forum! Our cocker, Riley, is a 1yr old buff male, 30+lbs and still growing?! We love him to pieces :luv

Attachments:
File comment: Robyn & Nina
IMG_3452-vi.jpg
IMG_3452-vi.jpg [ 34.13 KiB | Viewed 6451 times ]
File comment: lookin handsome
Riley 6 Months 2.JPG
Riley 6 Months 2.JPG [ 69.75 KiB | Viewed 6451 times ]
File comment: @ Fort Desoto beach
Riley 9 Months.JPG
Riley 9 Months.JPG [ 122.67 KiB | Viewed 6451 times ]
File comment: 1 yr old
new 09-12-10.jpg
new 09-12-10.jpg [ 81.53 KiB | Viewed 6451 times ]

PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2010 12:42 pm 
Active Forum Member
 WWW  Profile

Hello Everyone, My name is Kat and I am a cocker spaniel addict :) LOL ~seriously. Lately I have been a bad forum member and not been as active (it started when we moved to KS from AZ~ had to use dial up) but I had been a member here since 2005. I am owned by 15 cocker spaniels (yes you read that right) 1 of which is a once infamous rescue from this forum we call CaptainRezQ, (we took him and 2 other cockers in several years ago, Captain had severe cataracts in both eyes before he was 2 years old and we had a fundraiser to pay for his cataract surgery which was very successful (still is)).

Obviously with the # of cockers I have I can't upload pics of them all (I think thru my profile you can visit my website if you'd like) here or some other poor soul with dial up would be stuck in limbo forever. My 'avatar' is a photo of my husband and I. I will try to be a better forum member and check in more often. Everyone here is doing great! Including CaptainRezQ who is no longer a starved submissive fellow but now a chunky bossy spoiled rotten big baby! *just how we like him*

(''')~(''')
( " ) - ( " )
Owned&LuvdByKattery'sJAVAinTheMorninW/RockinS3wksChocCockerGirl
EMMY13yrsPersianBANDITO12yrsSnowShoe*TERRY*myOther1/2
&hisROCKY12yrsBrindleEngMastiff~RegServK9w/CGC

PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2010 1:43 pm 
Forum Legend

Hi, everyone knows me formerly as KJHorton. I've decided we can now be on a first name basis, so I've changed my forum name to Jackie H :lol2 I think I was one of the originals, within the first 100 forum members. My husband and I have a 17 year old son who just recently left for college!

I have an eight year old cocker boy named Rocky. As most of you know we sadly lost his littermate, Weesister, in July. I am still struggling with that and missing my girl sooo much. She was a silly girl, so full of personality. Rocky on the other hand is absolutely full of love, love, love. He is my cuddlebug and I don't know what I'd do without him.

I love almost any kind of dog, but cockers, especially in a full coat are my absolute favorite. I love spending time with Rocky and our foster Shihtzu, Jade, walking, grooming, cuddling, and just about anything else. I also volunteer for OBG Cocker Rescue and House with a Heart Senior Pet Sanctuary. Besides the dogs, my favorite activities include working out, running, scuba diving, cruising, skiing, and I enjoy being active.

Attachments:
File comment: One of my favorite pictures of Weesister
Zim Wee fav.jpg
Zim Wee fav.jpg [ 57.68 KiB | Viewed 6597 times ]
File comment: My boy, Rocky
Rocky 2008.jpg
Rocky 2008.jpg [ 149.63 KiB | Viewed 6592 times ]
File comment: At my son's high school graduation in June
Graduation Resize.jpg
Graduation Resize.jpg [ 97.94 KiB | Viewed 6592 times ]
File comment: Doing one of my favorite things, scuba diving in Cozumel
Scuba Resize.jpg
Scuba Resize.jpg [ 57.94 KiB | Viewed 6592 times ]

Rocky (7/18/02), Onyx (10/2/10), Misty (8/15/11), and Ethan (10/20/11)
Weesister (7/18/02-7/22/10) and Killington (10/85-2/02)waiting at the bridge

PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2010 2:09 pm 
Forum Legend
 WWW  Profile

Hi Folks
I am Sandy H from NH. I currently have 3 cockers, Callie age 3, Casey age 2 and Riley age 1. They all came from the same breeder, Callie and Riley share the same father. These 3 are best friends. My cocker story started with the most wonderful, most beautiful cocker boy, Brady, who sadly passed at age 2 of AIHA. He was a silver, looked just like BetteAnne's Darcy. I still miss him terribly. Riley was the "Brady relative" that I waited a year and a half for, but he was worth the wait.

I am married to a great guy and have a wonderful 12 yr old son who is fast becoming quite the guitarist-kinda breaks my heart when the Green Day and Jimi Hendrix posters now hang on the wall space that Tom Brady and Big Papi once occupied! But that is kids for you! My husband and I have a neat hobby-we restore antique gas pumps, from the 1900's thru the 1950's. Our website is listed in my profile if you want to see some really neat stuff from our past.

Attachments:
File comment: My beautiful Brady
Bradyresized.jpg
Bradyresized.jpg [ 60.04 KiB | Viewed 6591 times ]
resized3dogs.jpg
resized3dogs.jpg [ 16.85 KiB | Viewed 6589 times ]
File comment: One of Peggy's Awesome Pics!
8x10PennyTemplateSR.jpg
8x10PennyTemplateSR.jpg [ 221.43 KiB | Viewed 6576 times ]

My sweet angels gone but always in my heart:
Brady, Nicky, Ginger, Katie, Scooter, Fluffy and Fluffy

PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2010 2:46 pm 
Active Forum Member

Hi, I'm Debbie, and I am owned by 2 cocker spaniels! I have Toni, a red and white parti female, who is approximately 9 years old and Rambo (aka the world's biggest cocker), a red male, who is 4. Toni and Rambo came to me through Cocker Spaniel Rescue of Georgia. I've had cockers all of my adult life with 2 retired racing greyhounds and 1 dalmatian in the mix just for fun. Cockers are my heart :hp breed! I've been blessed to have had 5 of these sweet souls share my life.

I am married and have a grade-school aged daughter. We live in a northwest suburb of Atlanta. I stay busy with my daughter, my job and the dogs.

Attachments:
File comment: Toni
Toni resize.jpg
Toni resize.jpg [ 74.33 KiB | Viewed 6585 times ]
File comment: Rambo
Rambo resize.jpg
Rambo resize.jpg [ 70.84 KiB | Viewed 6585 times ]

Bridge Angels: Jessi, Barney, Sammy (cockers); Harley and Chevy (greyhounds); Miss B (persian kitty) and Shyla (dalmatian)

PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2010 2:49 pm 
I Rescued A Cocker!

Hey Everyone!

I'm Dawn from Phoenix and I've been a member since about 2008 when I moved here to Arizona. I was born and raised in Meriden/Southington CT until I was 20, lived in Atlanta for 13yrs and now here!
I had my baby Chloe when I joined who has since went to the rainbow bridge. She was a 11yr old red/sable and my first cocker spaniel and first dog I ever had on my own.
Now I'm the proud mom of Noel, my buff & white who will be 1 on 10/18/10. Freya, who is a Basenjii mix (we think) who will be 2 on 10/26/10. She came with the other human in our house Kandyce. And finally our newly rescued Harley, a black & tan we just got from Anita at Okie Dokie Cocker Rescue!
I read more than I post, but that's been picking up since I now have an IPhone and can surf wherever I am! :raz
My furbabies are our children and go everywhere with me. We also have an adopt a stray kitty named Maxie.
I love this thread! Now I can put names and faces together! :Clap

Attachments:
File comment: My baby Chloe, her sister Nikki and I.
Nikki was mine but bonded with my mom so she stayed with them. She has passed also this year.

Nikki, Chloe & I.jpg
Nikki, Chloe & I.jpg [ 50.05 KiB | Viewed 6582 times ]
File comment: My new baby Harley!
Hi!.jpg
Hi!.jpg [ 99.1 KiB | Viewed 6582 times ]
File comment: Our nutjob Freya....the amount of energy this dog has makes a jack russell seem calm....
Freya Bed.jpg
Freya Bed.jpg [ 35.4 KiB | Viewed 6582 times ]
File comment: And finally my Noel! But we call her No-No. She's my little mischievious princess; with LOADS of cockertude.
10 months.jpg
10 months.jpg [ 61.96 KiB | Viewed 6582 times ]

Momma to:
Chloe - 06/01/98-11/16/09 forever in my heart
Noel - 10/18/09
Freya - 10/26/08
Harley - Gotcha Day - 08/08/10

http://www.justice4oreo.net

PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2010 3:03 pm 
Active Forum Member

Hi Everybody,

My name is Melissa and I am married, in medical school and have one cocker spaniel, Jasper. I adopted him from the city animal control facility a little over four years ago. He has tons of energy and we started doing agility as a way to get him tired out and easier to live with. Well it worked and now we have a lot of fun doing agility and even got to go to ASC in Richmond and meet lots of other cocker people including a really fun bunch from the forum.

My husband also has a dog that he got from the pound named Sasha. (Yes we each have our own dog... we got them before we got married)

We live in center city philly and have gone to a few local pupapaloozas but it is fun to get to see everybody's reintroduction with people pictures as well.

Attachments:
File comment: Myself, my husband and Jasper a few months after we got him.
hiking better picture - small.jpg
hiking better picture - small.jpg [ 384.84 KiB | Viewed 6504 times ]
File comment: Jasper this summer! (Peggy is awesome for getting this picture... we only had one shot!)
Jasper ASC 2010 ribbons small.jpg
Jasper ASC 2010 ribbons small.jpg [ 453.1 KiB | Viewed 6504 times ]
Sasha.jpg
Sasha.jpg [ 363.77 KiB | Viewed 6504 times ]

Jasper CGC NA NAJ CL2 TIAD TG3 ~ adopted 7/6/06

PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2010 3:34 pm 
Forum Legend

I love reading everyone's stories! :joy I'm going to add some extra pictures of Henry, Uno, Rascal, & Star that I didn't add in my
original post.

Here is a picture of Henry, this was taken November 2009. So nearly, 1 year ago. He was rescued from a Labrador Rescue at
a Adopt-A-Thon at Petsmart in 2003.

Here is a picture of Uno, my 4.5 year old Orange Tabby, he was rescued from the SPCA of Wake County

And Here are 2 pictures of Rascal & Star, my 6.5 year old Tuxedo Kitties, we rescued them from a construction site.
They will be 7, October 25th. Thats just their "estimate" birthday. :sml I added a picture the day we got them, and another
of them at 1 year old.

Attachments:
Rascal%20Star%203%20weeks.jpg
Rascal%20Star%203%20weeks.jpg [ 129.24 KiB | Viewed 6497 times ]
1%20year%20old.jpg
1%20year%20old.jpg [ 79.8 KiB | Viewed 6497 times ]

PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2010 4:04 pm 
I Rescued A Cocker!

Hi. My name is Marcia. I live in the Utah, 30 minutes from the border with Idaho but I am originally from Brazil. I am married to Hank, a wonderful man. We have 4 "kids". Kudah, a french brittany, Koko, Maurice and Blu, my cockers. I really enjoy the forum and I have learned a lot since I joined.

Attachments:
usjpg.jpg
usjpg.jpg [ 30.43 KiB | Viewed 6493 times ]
File comment: KoKo
DSCF0094_2.jpg
DSCF0094_2.jpg [ 35.95 KiB | Viewed 6493 times ]
File comment: Maurice
DSCF0203.jpg
DSCF0203.jpg [ 50.5 KiB | Viewed 6493 times ]
File comment: Blu
DSCN0124.jpg
DSCN0124.jpg [ 48.95 KiB | Viewed 6493 times ]
File comment: Kudah
DSCF0031_2.jpg
DSCF0031_2.jpg [ 46.28 KiB | Viewed 6493 times ]

Kudah-French Brittany rescued 06-2008
Blu - Buff Merle born 05-13-2010/Home on 08-28-2014

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2010 10:23 am 
Active Forum Member

Hello to everybody! I'm Rita Loos and I've been around since the forum was very new. I never thought I could get so addicted! I have a large family, three girls, three boys. They are mostly grown, only our little Hannah is still at home (she's 12 and taller than I am, but she'll always be my baby.) We have two Beautiful Granddaughters, Josephine and Caroline. They are the light of our life.

We have three spaniels. Our oldest is Jazz, an English Springer who is 9 1/2 years old. Our American Cocker Spaniel is Cocoa, she will be 7 years old in October. Our baby is another springer named Millie and is 3 years old (a true terrorist and perhaps the biggest mistake we ever made, but she loves us to pieces and we're in for the long haul.) (Can you say psychotic ADHD energizer puppy?)

Cocoa is the gentlest and the easiest for our granddaughter to play with. The big dogs are kind of overwhelming for a two-year-old.

Here they are in all their glory: Family and pups!

P.S. I'm the only goofy looking one in the picture. I'm holding Josephine. Baby Caroline is in the baptismal gown, and one of our sons was not present.

Attachments:
small girls 2 jan 2008.jpg
small girls 2 jan 2008.jpg [ 48.77 KiB | Viewed 6464 times ]
Small cocoa 2.jpg
Small cocoa 2.jpg [ 49.83 KiB | Viewed 6464 times ]
small family.jpg
small family.jpg [ 70.64 KiB | Viewed 6464 times ]

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2010 8:53 pm 
Active Forum Member
 WWW  Profile

Hello everyone,

I am Kathryn, but everybody calls me Kath and my husband Arlon and I live in Surrey, BC and have two wonderful cockers. Bailey Girl is my heart dog. she is 9 years old a chocolate and white parti and is a crazy girl. Bentley is our little goof ball. He is 6 years old and is a black and white parti. I joined this forum (old one now) the first day Jim created it, so have been around for a long time. I am so glad to have us all back together and to get reacquainted with everybody
Attachment:
File comment: Bentley Boy getting ready to cheer on our athletes at the 2010 olympic games
(resized)Bentley wearing his canada shirt.jpg
(resized)Bentley wearing his canada shirt.jpg [ 125.35 KiB | Viewed 6438 times ]

Attachments:
File comment: Bailey Girl getting ready to cheer on our athletes at the 2010 olympic games
(resized)Bailey wearing her canada shirt.jpg
(resized)Bailey wearing her canada shirt.jpg [ 138.41 KiB | Viewed 6438 times ]
(resized)Bailey, Bentley, Maya and Kath August 1,2010.jpg
(resized)Bailey, Bentley, Maya and Kath August 1,2010.jpg [ 172.45 KiB | Viewed 6438 times ]
(resized)Arlon and I at the airport July 25,10.jpg
(resized)Arlon and I at the airport July 25,10.jpg [ 127.47 KiB | Viewed 6438 times ]

Kath

Mum to cocker kids
Bailey Girl - Aug 2,2001 &
Bentley Boy - June 1,2004
Married to the most wonderful man - Arlon

forever missing Sandy, Kodiak, Elsa and Petra

"He who has health, has hope. And he who has hope, has everything"

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 786 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 32  Next