An Online Community Of Cocker Spaniel Lovers
Click here to go to the main Zim Family Cockers web site

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Forum rules

Please click here to view the forum rules

Post subject: Checking in
PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2017 3:10 pm 
Active Forum Member

I'm another who hasn't been here for a while. Oops. Jazzy and I moved to a Florida 3 years ago. She will be 10 on the 22nd. Branson, my rescued boy, has been with us now for 4 years. Hard to believe!!!

Post subject: Re: Checking in
PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2017 4:53 pm 
Active Forum Member

Hi! :wv

What a beautiful pair of cockers! The top pic is so cute, and the bottom close-up is gorgeous. They look like they are buddies, are they very close?

Buddy, who we adopted a month ago, is going to be 10 the end of the month. And Ruger, who we've had a little over a year and a half is probably between three and four. He's still a little jealous of Buddy, but getting over it. I want them to become buddies. :)

How do you like Florida? I'm in the Tampa area. I'm tired of the heat and ready for fall!

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2017 6:34 pm 
Active Forum Member

Yes, they get along great. Branson is about 6. My dogs don't play together much, but they are always together... usually where I am. :gig

I am up near Tallahassee in Perry. I moved here in the fall of 2014 following a hot summer in Texas that topped 115. I don't think we have gotten above 95 so far and I am great with that. Most days are in the 80s. I will take that any day over 115!!! :sun

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2017 12:43 pm 
Active Forum Member

Jessica M. wrote:
Yes, they get along great. Branson is about 6. My dogs don't play together much, but they are always together... usually where I am. :gig

I am up near Tallahassee in Perry. I moved here in the fall of 2014 following a hot summer in Texas that topped 115. I don't think we have gotten above 95 so far and I am great with that. Most days are in the 80s. I will take that any day over 115!!! :sun

Glad they get along well. Mine aren't buddies yet but they do love to play fetch together. Like yours, they are usually together, where I am.

It has been one hot and rainy summer here in the Tampa area. I'm sure it's better in Tallahassee. 115?? Yikes! No thanks. :)