The Zim Family Cocker Spaniel Forum

An Online Community Of Cocker Spaniel Lovers
Click here to go to the main Zim Family Cockers web site

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Forum rules

Please click here to view the forum rules

Post subject: 2015 with Maya/Angel and Belle (also agility update)
PostPosted: Sat Dec 26, 2015 7:59 am 
I Rescued A Cocker!

Hope 2015 has been good to you all and hoping you all had a good holiday season and have a great 2016!

2015 has been pretty good for our gang. Pretty quiet vet wise minus two digestive nightmares, one in Spring and one in Fall. One which Belle brought home from an agility trial and one that Maya passed to the other two after getting into a dirty diaper! Ugh! Thankfully everyone recovered and is doing well. Here's hoping 2016 will be even better than 2015!

Maya will be 10 in May, how that happened I do not know. She still climbs the tree in the backyard and still is a table surfer/food stealer. Her favorite thing to do is to hunt for frogs to play with on our walks in the warmer months.

Angel is almost 7! I cannot believe that either. Since we got her as an approx 4month old puppy, we celebrate her estimated bday somewhere between Christmas and New Years and her gotcha day in April. Angel continues to be a huge cuddler and absolutely loves playing fetch. She would literally go until she drops when playing fetch.

Belle (who is 2) and I have become very bonded over this year of agility. While Maya is still my heartdog, Belle has earned her place right next to Maya. We started our AKC agility career (first for both of us) on valentines day of 2015, entering our first trial after a year of classes. We got our first Q in that first trial. While we have had a few ups and downs over this first year we both are very much enjoying agility. When I get the crate out (which I only do when we are going to classes or trials) Belle starts barking like crazy and that beautiful tail is just a wagging away. In 9 months (14 days of trialing/Feb through Nov) Belle and I have earned not only our Novice Agility and Novice Agility Jumpers titles but also our Open Agility and Open Agility Jumpers titles. We are now in Excellent and have one leg in Excellent (standard course). Tried FAST five times, the first two being our first two trials and we were not ready for it at all then. The last three trials we went to this year we tried it again and so far have two legs in Novice Jumpers also. Besides agility Belle loves to try to catch squirrels, run around like an idiot both inside and out, catch balls and fetch sticks.

Now onto some photos, as all of you that have been here for awhile know, it is what I love to do, share photos!!

Belle and her ribbons and titles for AKC Agility and Agility Jumpers from 2015
ImageIMG_7146a by rzyg, on Flickr

Maya, Belle and Angel on Christmas day...
ImageIMG_7737a by rzyg, on Flickr

Christmas pics...
ImageIMG_5522a by rzyg, on Flickr

ImageIMG_5729aL by rzyg, on Flickr

ImageIMG_6460a8 by rzyg, on Flickr

Miss photogenic...
ImageIMG_5423A5 by rzyg, on Flickr

ImageIMG_3270a8 by rzyg, on Flickr

ImageIMG_3078a by rzyg, on Flickr

Crayons for Halloween...
ImageIMG_2642nb by rzyg, on Flickr

ImageIMG_2568nb by rzyg, on Flickr

ImageIMG_1737a by rzyg, on Flickr

ImageIMG_7738a by rzyg, on Flickr

ImageIMG_4471a by rzyg, on Flickr

ImageIMG_5987a by rzyg, on Flickr

Maya - Blue Merle born 5/28/06
Angel - White Buff rescued 4/19/09 at 4mo of age
Belle - Cocker mix rescued 6/5/13 at 8 weeks of age
^Ginger^ - Buff rescued 5/19/07 went to the bridge 5/26/13
^Lacey^ -Black Cocker always in our hearts 12/15/89-7/16/06

Post subject: Re: 2015 with Maya/Angel and Belle (also agility update)
PostPosted: Sat Dec 26, 2015 9:50 am 
Forum Legend

Hi Donna,

Although I am a relatively new member of this forum, I've run into pics of your pooches on older threads and they are simply stunning. Gorgeous eyes!

Glad to hear your year went well. Dirty diaper explorations and all... :goof

PostPosted: Sat Dec 26, 2015 5:33 pm 
Forum Legend

Hi Donna: I always love to see your pictures. Snow, girls running, trees. Glad you are doing ok. Love to see that your girls are doing great. Of course is a lot of work. I just started to look at the forum again as I think I am ready for another Cocker. Hope your winter is not too warm as is in the south. Always love to see your snow pictures. Keep the pictures coming. Love Bella is already set and used to her pack. I remember when you got her. Blessings.

Mom to dear Holly AKA Holly Caramel Candy 10/99-02/13 who went to meet Monchi, Sasha 1 and 2, in the Rainbow Bridge.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 27, 2015 4:11 pm 
Forum Legend

As always, your pictures are stunning, but I especially love the next-to-last one of Belle. She looks like she's in heaven with her stick. What a beautiful dog.

Shiloh - 4/5/95 - 5/23/11 RIP, sweet girl