An Online Community Of Cocker Spaniel Lovers
Click here to go to the main Zim Family Cockers web site

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Forum rules

Please click here to view the forum rules

Post subject: Role of Honor 2015
PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2015 8:18 pm 
I Rescue Cockers

We are very lucky to have our lives shared with, and graced by some remarkable beings; our beloved dogs. Each year we take a moment to remember the amazing dogs that add so much to our lives and always leave far too soon. Please feel free to add any I may have missed.

Farley
Sir Bentley
Ceilidh
Holly
Muffin
Lucy
Lexi
Eli
Saydee
Rosey and Solo - Miss Perfect and the Roving Reporter
Tonka
Deedee
Braggs
Maggie Mae
Hannah
Jasper

Cody - 9/2/08
Monkey Cat - 1993 - 2013
Cori - My First - 1/2/91 - 12/15/03
Maxine - My Angel - Gotcha - 9/5/09 - 7/28/11
Maddie - Good Boy - Gotcha 6/17/12 - 7/25/13

Post subject: Re: Role of Honor 2015
PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2015 8:42 pm 
Forum Legend

So sorry for all the trips to the Bridge this year. For Star and myself the loss of Solo and Rosey was traumatic. They were our very first agility competitor companions, closest cocker friends and they will always be a part of us.

Star the bright light in my life St. James Bright STAR Angel 7-20-2008
SkyBee, sweet baby boy 8/10/2017

PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2015 6:39 am 
Active Forum Member

Our Josie went to the bridge at the grand old age of 15... Christmas seems very empty without her grumbling at us from her armchair

Attachments:
phpA5srL5AM.jpg
phpA5srL5AM.jpg [ 37.71 KiB | Viewed 3255 times ]

Together at the Rainbow Bridge
Penny - 27/9/2006 - 30/1/2016
Josie - 11/2/2000 - 14/8/2015

PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2015 8:29 am 
I Rescued A Cocker!

Forever in our hearts!

Attachments:
image.jpeg
image.jpeg [ 76.98 KiB | Viewed 3248 times ]

Kudah-French Brittany rescued 06-2008
Blu - Buff Merle born 05-13-2010/Home on 08-28-2014

Post subject: Role of Honor 2015
PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2015 11:24 am 
Active Forum Member

Our Abby that left us on April 14th. We miss her everyday. I still wait for her at the top of our stairs like I did when she was with us.

She was happiest doing agility and running free.

She left us way too soon.

Attachments:
Abby Doing Agility.jpg
Abby Doing Agility.jpg [ 4.94 KiB | Viewed 3232 times ]

[color=#0000BF]Teddy (Tri) Our Prince DOB: 1/23/09 (Honorary Birthday) Rescued (1/23/11)
Calvin - Our 2nd Prince DOB: 9/12/11 (Honorary Birthday) Rescued (9/12/15) - RIP 9/25/16

PostPosted: Thu Dec 24, 2015 7:29 am 
Active Forum Member

Please add our sweet Tango to the Role of Honor. We lost him on February 24th, so soon after losing Odie on November 8, 2014. The house is so empty yet we are not quite ready to add another fur kid yet.

Mom to
Charlie Brown - 5/1/2011 - gotcha day 4/2/2016
Odie (buff cocker) - gotcha day 8/1/2004 - 11/4/2014
Tango (Choc/Tan) - gotcha day 2/23/2008 - 2/24/2015
Both born in 2000
Felines: Jessie & Mariah

PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2015 11:36 pm 
Active Forum Member

Quincy passed away Nov. 27, 2015. He was 16 1/2 yrs old and my gentle, devoted boy. Miss him terribly. :cry

Attachments:
Quincy backyard tiggy baby.jpg
Quincy backyard tiggy baby.jpg [ 164.81 KiB | Viewed 3138 times ]

Rhett and Jill, who watch over us from above

PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2016 2:30 pm 
Active Forum Member

Thank you

PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2016 8:48 pm 
Forum Legend
 WWW  Profile

I've been away for far too long. My heart just breaks looking at this list. I am so sorry for each and everyone who has lost their beautiful babies. It is never easy. They will own a piece of your hearts forever. Sending a big (((HUG))) and my heartfelt condolences to each of you.

Quality, two-sided bandanas for your treasured companion.
Made in the
USA under the direct supervision of
Genuine American Cocker Spaniels!

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2016 6:46 pm 
Active Forum Member

Snoopy left us on July 11, 2015. He was a month shy of his 11th birthday. He had an inoperable tumor in his sinus cavity that broke through to his brain and eye socket. He was a trooper to the end. He was still very active and puppy-like in his behavior. We still can't believe he is gone and it's almost been 6 months since his passing. The holidays were difficult without him but we have fond memories of holidays past. It's never easy saying goodbye to a loved one. We have received "postcards" from Snoopy since his passing and it's been comforting. He will always be with us in our hearts and our memories.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2016 4:04 pm 
Forum Legend

Although I knew the list was coming, it was still very hard to see Rosey and Solo's names on the list. Rosey's name was expected because of her cancer, but Solo's passing on 4/3 was such a shock. And now to hear about so many others. Snoop lived just up the freeway from us.

I still haven't brought myself to do a proper acknowledgement for Rosey and Solo in the Rainbow Bridge section.

Colleen K

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2016 5:14 pm 
Forum Legend
 WWW  Profile

cherylek wrote:
Snoopy left us on July 11, 2015. He was a month shy of his 11th birthday. He had an inoperable tumor in his sinus cavity that broke through to his brain and eye socket. He was a trooper to the end. He was still very active and puppy-like in his behavior. We still can't believe he is gone and it's almost been 6 months since his passing. The holidays were difficult without him but we have fond memories of holidays past. It's never easy saying goodbye to a loved one. We have received "postcards" from Snoopy since his passing and it's been comforting. He will always be with us in our hearts and our memories.

Cheryl ... I am so sorry. There are no words. I always enjoyed your little Snoopy. (((Hugs))).

Made in the

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2016 5:16 pm 
Forum Legend
 WWW  Profile

Colleen K wrote:
Although I knew the list was coming, it was still very hard to see Rosey and Solo's names on the list. Rosey's name was expected because of her cancer, but Solo's passing on 4/3 was such a shock. And now to hear about so many others. Snoop lived just up the freeway from us.

I still haven't brought myself to do a proper acknowledgement for Rosey and Solo in the Rainbow Bridge section.

Colleen K

Colleen, I am so sorry. I was away for too long and had no idea or your loss. My heart hurts for you and all who have lost their special pups. ((((Hugs)))

Made in the

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2016 10:16 pm 
Active Forum Member

Cindy wrote:
cherylek wrote:

Cheryl ... I am so sorry. There are no words. I always enjoyed your little Snoopy. (((Hugs))).

Thank you so much for your kind words.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2016 10:37 pm 
Active Forum Member

Colleen K wrote:

Colleen K

I will always remember your kindness in offering us a place to stay when the Station Fire nearly made us evacuate our home. So sorry about your losses of Rosey and Solo this year. Very shocking and sad to read about.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2016 11:07 am 
I Own A Zim Dog!

cherylek wrote:

Cheryl, I am so very sorry to read about Snoopy this morning. As you know, Snoopy held a very special place in our hearts as Snoopy and Reese were Valentine sweethearts :hp . They were also very close in age, Reese's birthday being March 31, 2004 (when she turned 11). Cheryl, you and your family have our deepest sympathy. We'll always remember Snoopy and especially at the get-together at Sylvia's "in the rain."

Hugs,
Gail and Reese :hp :paw :hp

PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2016 1:55 pm 
Active Forum Member

Gail Mc wrote:
cherylek wrote:

Cheryl, I am so very sorry to read about Snoopy this morning. As you know, Snoopy held a very special place in our hearts as Snoopy and Reese were Valentine sweethearts :hp . They were also very close in age, Reese's birthday being March 31, 2004 (when she turned 11). Cheryl, you and your family have our deepest sympathy. We'll always remember Snoopy and especially at the get-together at Sylvia's "in the rain."

Hugs,
Gail and Reese :hp :paw :hp

Of course we remember Snoopy's Valentine!! :smch What fun memories of being together at Sylvia's in the rain!!!! My husband put together a memory book with Snoopy's photos over the years and many of them depicted the fun times we had at the various Zim Cocker Spaniel get-togethers.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2016 7:22 am 
Forum Moderator
 WWW  Profile

It has taken me until today to post on this thread. Farley was the first loss of 2015 and I still struggle with the loss. He was my heart and soul and every day without him has the tiniest bit of emptiness to it.

Attachments:
farley4sm.jpg
farley4sm.jpg [ 419.79 KiB | Viewed 2891 times ]

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2016 8:54 am 
Forum Legend

Farley is simply stunning. I am sorry for your loss. I still think of the dogs I had when I was a kid.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2016 7:04 pm 
Forum Legend
 WWW  Profile

It is with sadness that I add my buddy Cezar to this list. Cezar is the black lab who lived next door, and I loved him like he was my own. He was 14 and was so pampered and spoiled and such a goofball. When Dad was first deployed I helped out by going over every day to let him out while Mom was at work. Every day when I went over he would greet me with one of his dozens of squeeky/stuffy toys-a huge 100lb tough looking dog who was a pussycat with a little toy in his mouth! This continued for 10 years, thru Dad's second deployment, and just because it was a routine he and I were used to. He looked just like Em's Henry(for you old timers). He had the best parents, new AC's to keep him cool in the summer, a toybox that most kids could only dream about, and just a wonderful life with no regrets. The best was the last few years when he could no longer navigate the back stairs, which were tall and steep. Dad made him a ramp that was the ramp of all ramps, complete with nonskid rubber mats! And to protect it in the winter he had a tent over it, not a regular tent but a huge 10 x 20 ft extra PCV reinforced tent with windows, xmas lights, etc. That ramp and tent plus the high cost of his arthritis meds gave him a few extra quality years.

My most memorable story was when he was a 6 month old puppy, his first xmas. I decided that year to cut a tree from my woods and put it on my front porch with lights and nonbrakeable bulbs. It really was an ugly Charlie Brown tree but I wanted something out front. About 2 hours after I had finished decorating it, we were sitting inside and hubby started laughing and told me to look outside. Cezar had gotten out and was having a great time tearing the bulbs off and demolishing the tree! He was having such a good time we just sat and watched him having fun. I wasn't quick enough to get my camera, but it was just so funny! I grabbed his collar and brought him home, Dad was so embarrassed, but we still laugh about it to this day.

I miss him, after 14 years I was his second mommy. RIP, my beautiful buddy Cezar.

My sweet angels gone but always in my heart:
Brady, Nicky, Ginger, Katie, Scooter, Fluffy and Fluffy