Attachment:
File comment: Parti time.... Also, Cherry as Princess Leia
Collage3_Resized.jpg
Collage3_Resized.jpg [ 335.39 KiB | Viewed 963 times ]

Attachment:
File comment: Our three wild children
Collage4_Resized.jpg
Collage4_Resized.jpg [ 414.85 KiB | Viewed 963 times ]

Merry Christmas from Heidi, Louie and Cherry Pie!

Bullitt, our fourth pupper, will be joining us at the end of next March when he retires from conformation show.

This year has been met with lots of challenges, and we are blessed that we are sticking together as a pack.

Heidi, our first dog ever, is now 9 1/2 years old. She started 2015 with a surprise High in Trial win at the Rose City Cocker Specialty win, her third HIT. She and Cherry Pie retired the High in Trial challenge trophy with their wins in 2012, 2013 and 2015. She has been having a few surgeries this year to combat the ruptured benign cysts that are popping up on her. As a result, she has been shown only at two other shows this year. She qualified again in August at the specialty in Open A and we are hoping to finish her CDX title in January. Despite she is definitely in prime shape compared to other 9 1/2 year old cockers, our little girl is now slowing down a bit. We plan to retire her from obedience show after getting her CDX. She will continue to train her utility exercises, but will only show at specialties to support the entries. In fact, we had never intended to show her seriously in obedience and recruited her to increase the entry count for our specialties and also ASC Reno. And what a surprising career she has since.

Louie, who will turn 13 on Feb 4, is acting like a puppy in many different ways. He has definitely slow down, cannot jump like he used to. He has old age eyes and his hearing is "selective" (definitely not deaf). We thought that he had Cushing's disease, but he is at the most "borderline" and is recommended not to be treated for it. As he knows he can do no wrong, Louie is getting into a lot of trouble these days. Meanwhile, Jon has started tracking with Lou Lou and despite being a total goof in obedience and agility, Louie is considered "gifted" in tracking. We will continue to work with him for as long as he lives. We just feel blessed that this goofy boy with a big heart is warming our bed every night.

Cherry Pie, a forum puppy, is now 5 years old. She is at the prime of her obedience career. She finished her Utility Dog title in March, a few days before her 5th birthday. Cherry has undergone a stem cell treatment for her knee (the one that was damaged in the car accident when she was rescued). We took a few months off the show and came back to support the specialty in August, which she qualified twice in Open Obedience in 3 shows. Then we started our quest for her UDX in October. Cherry Pie qualified 5 times in a row in Utility B and on the fifth attempt, she also held her sit and down stay in Open B for her first UDX leg. We will restart our training this week to get ready for our January shows. Our goal with Cherry is to achieve the UDX in 2016. Also, I believe Cherry has reclaimed her Top Obedience Cocker in WA State in 2015, which she lost to our Bullitt in 2014.

Bullitt is our conformation show dog. He has been campaigned this year. He finished #4 Breed and #5 All Breed. He has been invited to Westminster in 2016. About a week ago, he was at Eukanuba and he won Award of Excellence and Best Bred By ASCOB variety. Watch for him at ASC Flushing and Westminster. Earlier this year, at the show where Heidi won High in Trial, Bullitt won Best in Specialty Show there. Our buffies won the show together. In addition to his wins in conformation, Bullitt is the only top 20 cocker of all three varieties that has an obedience title behind his name. He was also invited to the AKC Rally National Championship and was awarded the Top Obedience Cocker award in 2014 by the WA State Cocker Spaniel Club.

Bullitt is also the buff cocker featured on the AKC Cocker Spaniel breed standard page.

Cherry UDX RE CGC R/W Parti DOB: 4/1/10

Post subject: Re: Merry Christmas from Heidi, Louie and Cherry Pie
PostPosted: Mon Dec 21, 2015 6:08 pm 
Active Forum Member

Beautiful, beautiful and handsome one and all. Congrats to you Stella! You are one lucky mama. I would so love to have another one, but am fighting my husband to get Diva a sister. And she has developed "separation" issues. Everytime we go to the grocery store we feel guilty as she runs and hides, pouting. When we come home and sit down she will then nap in one of our laps as long as we will sit there. :tg Such a goof! We travel some in our motorhome so I think that she is afraid we will leave her behind. She will be 6 in March, don't know where the time has gone and we would be lost without her.
All your babies are wonderful. We saw Bullitt at Rose City (or maybe it was pictures of him) as we live in Portland and usually try to make the show to see all our much loved cockers! I would like to get a chocolate, maybe one day :happy

PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2015 6:56 am 
Forum Legend

Supermodels and athletes! Happy Holidays!

PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2015 4:24 pm 
Forum Legend

Sharon in Oregon wrote:
Beautiful, beautiful and handsome one and all. Congrats to you Stella! You are one lucky mama. I would so love to have another one, but am fighting my husband to get Diva a sister. And she has developed "separation" issues. Everytime we go to the grocery store we feel guilty as she runs and hides, pouting. When we come home and sit down she will then nap in one of our laps as long as we will sit there. :tg Such a goof! We travel some in our motorhome so I think that she is afraid we will leave her behind. She will be 6 in March, don't know where the time has gone and we would be lost without her.
All your babies are wonderful. We saw Bullitt at Rose City (or maybe it was pictures of him) as we live in Portland and usually try to make the show to see all our much loved cockers! I would like to get a chocolate, maybe one day :happy

Sharon, I think you did see Bullitt at Rose City in 2015. Bullitt, Cherry Pie and Heidi will be at the WA cluster and the Rose City cluster in January in 2016.

Cherry UDX RE CGC R/W Parti DOB: 4/1/10

PostPosted: Thu Dec 24, 2015 10:36 am 
Forum Legend

I want to come back as one of your dogs, Stella (though I would definitely not want to do obedience, ok? That's hard enough as a human).

Everyone looks great, and it sounds as if they are all special in their own way. The props are also great, though I suspect the tongues are not man-made, LOL.

Hope you all have a great Christmas!

Shiloh - 4/5/95 - 5/23/11 RIP, sweet girl

PostPosted: Thu Dec 24, 2015 12:07 pm 
Forum Legend

Loved the pictures! Sure made me smile! :love

Beautiful and talented. Can't wait to hear all that you accomplish in 2016 too!

Merry Christmas!

Chesapeake NF, AX, AXJ (CGC)
4/20/10

The road to MACH is full of jumps and weaves....

Competing in Master Agility
Double Q's - 3
MACH Points -126
MX Q's - 4
MJX Q's - 4

(edited 12/17)