An Online Community Of Cocker Spaniel Lovers
Click here to go to the main Zim Family Cockers web site

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Forum rules

Please click here to view the forum rules

Post subject: Nothing like the cocker zoomies
PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2015 1:37 pm 
Active Forum Member

Every time I get home from work Buddy goes into the zoomies. I have a very hard time calming him down. But kinda weird last night
at his usual 9:00 bedtime when he makes me go to bed, I got in bed and all of the sudden he got the zoomies an would not quit. It lasted maybe
3-4 minutes - a record from him. Then he plopped down in his bed and just like nothing happened went to sleep. Cockers are the best!

Post subject: Re: Nothing like the cocker zoomies
PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2015 1:44 pm 
Forum Legend

I remember the zoomies - such pure puppy joy!

PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2015 2:01 pm 
Forum Legend

LOL....I didn't know they called it the zoomies, but I know just what you mean. Cici does the zoomies I am out for just for 2 mins taking out the trash or checking the mail.

The craziest zoomies she did was when I recently was out for a week. She was not boarded. She was at home with Daddy. I come back and she goes completely INSANE. Totally bonkers. What makes it funnier is that our wood floors can be slippery. Poor thing. It was great.

When we get out of bed in the morning, she puts the front legs on the bed and does an excited, gurgling yawn.

They're the best :YAY

PostPosted: Thu Dec 10, 2015 7:03 pm 
Forum Legend

I especially love the "post bath" zoomies when they are wet and flinging their wet selves on all of your bedding and furniture, LOL. I don't know if it's pure joy from finally getting out of that clean bath, or whether they're so happy to start getting dirty all over again. Either way, it's so funny. Wonder if other breeds have the same zest for life?

Shiloh - 4/5/95 - 5/23/11 RIP, sweet girl

PostPosted: Fri Dec 11, 2015 11:30 am 
Active Forum Member

I have never heard anyone with any other breed describe the zoomies except owners of cockers. Sometimes if you doubt you have a cocker or have a cocker mix,
you will know for sure if those silly zoomies show up. It is definitely a cocker thing and one of the silly things I just love about Buddy.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 12, 2015 12:17 am 
Forum Legend

Here it's after a shower, all over the house, don't know it he feels cleaner or wants to get dirty again. 0ne day I checked out where one of our girls were rolling around in the grass as I marked the spot. Found a dead earth worm.

Joe

PostPosted: Sat Dec 12, 2015 2:49 am 
Active Forum Member
 WWW  Profile

Our Daisy is sheer joy in a wee brown bundle. I love the shrimping crab walk. You know the one where they get the bum going so hard and fast that it just about touches the nose and then they walk sideways while making the ha-ha-happy noise. People see it and wonder if there is something wrong with her.
My favourite though is the quiet subdued zoomie. She'll be standing very upright in her chair, looking out the window, because a car has come in the dooryard. It starts with a discreet tail wag, ramps up to full tail wag, progresses to a bum wiggle (interesting in a rocking chair) and then, if its someone she knows she'll bark. If its someone that she knows and loves, down off the chair and an expression of joy that makes even the hardest heart soften. She zooms and wiggles and shrimps, the whole time panting" (insert name here)'s here" repeatedly. The person hasn't even made it to the door. When they come in, she cowers and starts to whine that her person is mean, doesn't go for enough runs, beats her with a stick and refuses to spend all day patting her. Please take her with them away from this hellhole. Then she starts shrimping again. When she hears the kettle start to boil she jumps up into the kitchen chair beside the one that the person is going to sit in and waits for them. People have been trained to sit quickly because if the process goes to the next step, when they do sit, she is in their laps. The whole delightful thing lasts maybe three minutes but no
one enters my home without a memorable welcome.

Someone thought that she was hyper excitable. I felt sorry for them, not recognizing the pure joy of a consummate cocker zoomie..

PostPosted: Sat Dec 12, 2015 8:38 am 
Forum Legend

A fun video of an english cocker doing the zoomies with his two american cocker buddies. Cici's post bath zoomies are so crazy I feel like she is going to rip the sides of her face off or pop a cherry eye. It seems SO harsh. And the grunts and snorts... She rolls and grunts herself into exhaustion.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7EAHW5wJYV0

Interesting to hear about the shrimping, Woody. I thought that was a weird thing with Cici due to her past. She too goes crazy when we return home and then curls and shrimps when you reach down to touch her. You stand up and she wiggles again. :gig