An Online Community Of Cocker Spaniel Lovers
Click here to go to the main Zim Family Cockers web site

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Forum rules

Please click here to view the forum rules

Post subject: Introduction
PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2014 5:05 am 
Active Forum Member

Hello! My name is Dawn and I have been born and bred into the Cocker world. My grandparents bred Cockers for the field back in the day. Their last Cocker, a stunning red male named Mister Red (I know...how original :lol2) grew up in our home. When he was 14 the night before I was to fly off for USAF basic training, the bit my face unprovoked and tore my nostril off. Needless to say, I did not go to Basic Training until I had healed. Do you think this threw me off Cockers for ever...NOT! My first adult dog was my heart dog, Honey. Honey and I travelled the country and the world for almost 15 years in the Air Force until she too fell victim of old age ills and dementia.
After the heartbreak of losing Honey and transitioning into the civilian world, we have owned 2 Gordon Setters, 1 English Setter, a rescued Lab Mix and an adopted ShihTzu. I went from the USAF as an Arabic Linguist to becoming a professional Groomer for 14 years. I adopted buff Cocker Jesse from a client that could no longer keep her and they knew what a connection she and I had. Jesse is now 15. She is the sweetest tempered Cocker I have ever had the pleasure of knowing. Even my heart dog Honey had some temperament "issues", although not with me.
As I know that Jesse will not be with me forever, I find myself in the search for my next little blond girl puppy. I have reached out to several breeders to be put on puppy waiting lists. I am not looking to show in Conformation, but would like to purchase from a small reputable show breeder who completes all health testing and is known to produce beautifully tempered companions.
We live in Maryland, close to Annapolis and Fort Meade. We would like to find a breeder within one days drive from here. I would appreciate any "connections" that the forum members could provide.