Click here to go to the main Zim Family Cockers web site

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Forum rules

Please click here to view the forum rules

Post subject: Daisy the Cocker :)
PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2014 3:58 pm 
Active Forum Member

Hello all!

I posted when I first joined this forum but haven't posted too much since (I mostly just read stuff here). I'm posting again in hopes some people can help. :)

I lived in Seoul, South Korea for almost six years. While there, I volunteered with a group of expats under the head of Animal Rescue Korea (http://www.animalrescuekorea.org). It was through this group that I ended up volunteering at a makeshift shelter and adopting my wonderful Cocker Spaniel Louise. I have been looking into adopting a second Cocker since getting promoted a few months ago (more $$= more dog food and pet care I can provide).

I've been waiting for the right pup to come along when I saw something on Animal Rescue Korea's Facebook page. As some of you may know, dog meat is eaten in Korea (and the dog is tortured viciously before killing it for meat-- I won't go into too many details but the info is easy to find through Google). Well, a few expats I know rescued 5 dogs from a very famous meat market in Seoul (Moran Market). One of the dogs rescued is a female Cocker Spaniel.

Attachment:
Daisy.jpg
Daisy.jpg [ 63.09 KiB | Viewed 1276 times ]

This is Daisy.

Needless to say, she captured my heart. She is a very lovely 7 year old Cocker who is also pregnant. She went straight to the vet and we found out that she has heartworm. She can't leave the vet until she has the puppies and needs a lot of medical care. The vet is giving a very generous discount but for her boarding, mammary tumor removal, getting spayed and heartworm treatment we have an estimate from the vet of about $1700. I'm trying to raise money for her medical care (as other Americans in Korea are doing right now) so she can get better ASAP so I can pay to fly her to me here in the US. I am not trying to raise money for her flight, that is coming from me directly, but any donations would help. If you could spare $5, $10... anything would be GREATLY appreciated.

I don't know if this is allowed here and understand if it's not.
http://www.gofundme.com/6612k4 This is the Go Fund Me page I'm using but you can also verify this at the following Facebook page (https://www.facebook.com/events/337602989716070/). If you cannot donate, please share this information on your own Facebook pages. If you have any questions, feel free to contact me.