The Zim Family Cocker Spaniel Forum

An Online Community Of Cocker Spaniel Lovers
Click here to go to the main Zim Family Cockers web site

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Forum rules

Please click here to view the forum rules

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1 post ] 
 Post subject: Announcing: Cruise-A-Palooza II - The Sequel
PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2010 5:19 am 
Site Admin
 WWW  Profile

Who is up for a sequel to last summer's Cruise-A-Palooza to Cabo San Lucas? As you may recall, in August 2009 nine of us went on a Carnival cruise together... and we had a LOT of fun!

There was never much question in my mind that we would do another Cruise-A-Palooza someday... it just took me a while to find the right cruise at the right time at the right price. Well, I've found it. I've picked out a great cruise on a great ship, at a spectacularly low price... and you're invited to join us!

Now I know that this cruise isn't going to work out for everyone, and I apologize for that. If you can't make it, you can't make it. I had to take my best shot and find a cruise that would work for me and which would be a great cruise at a great price for anyone that is able to join us. I hope that there will be at least as many people joining us for Cruise-A-Palooza II as there were for the first one!

Last time we did a 4-day cruise. There were several reasons for this. By going with a short cruise, it kept the price down so low that it was affordable to almost everyone. Also, quite frankly, we weren't sure if the whole idea was going to work! Would we have anything to talk about with our Cocker-loving friends, when we did not have dogs with us? Would we run out of things to talk about on day one? Would we all end up hating each other at the end of the cruise? Well, all of my fears were unfounded and by the end of the cruise it was clear that the idea of Cruise-A-Palooza was a good one and that the next one should be a much longer cruise.

So, this time I've found an incredibly affordable 8-day Carnival cruise to Acapulco, Zihuatanejo, and Manzanillo, Mexico. Current economic conditions in California are bad, and the cruise lines are having trouble filling the cabins. In fact, they're having so much trouble filling their cruises out of San Diego that Carnival sent one of their San Diego based ships over to the east coast until the economic situation in California improves. So, to fill all those cabins, they've dropped the prices way down low... especially at certain (non-summer and non-holiday) times of the year.

For the previous Cruise-A-Palooza, I thought it was important that we sail during the summer months so that teachers (Jennifer G?) and people with kids (Julie Kinsinger?) could come with us. But as it turned out, none of the people who had the summer off ended up going with us! And because we cruised during the summer, we paid higher prices than if we had done the same cruise during a non-summer month. So, this time I've decided to go a different way.

The cruise I've picked out departs from San Diego on Thursday, November 4th, 2010. It will return to San Diego the morning of Friday, November 12th. It's on the Carnival Spirit... a much nicer ship than the one we cruised on last summer. Not only is the ship newer and bigger and has a lot of extra features that the previous ship did not have... but it's also got LOTS of balcony cabins, which the previous ship did not have.

For those that need to keep the price as low as possible, just book an interior cabin or an ocean-view cabin... which start at way under $100 per day per person... which is a great price for a vacation that includes lodging, entertainment, food, and so much fun!

For those on not-quite-so-tight of a budget... get yourself a balcony cabin, so that you can enjoy sitting outside in your own private area. Balcony cabins on this cruise are way more affordable than on most cruises.

If the idea of joining us for Cruise-A-Palooza II sounds interesting to you... here are some web pages you should visit to learn a little bit more about what Cruise-A-Palooza II will be all about. Kellyn and Jeff and I did this same cruise about a year ago, so take a look at this page to read about how much we enjoyed it. Also, be sure to explore Carnival.com and especially look at the pricing for the November 4th cruise on the Carnival Spirit. A word of caution: Carnival's web site is best viewed using the Internet Explorer browser. Strange things happen if you view cruise details or try to book a cruise through Carnival's site using Mozilla Firefox.

If you eventually decide that you want to get in on the fun and join us for Cruise-A-Palooza II... just book your cabin through Carnival.com or with your favorite travel agent. We do not have "an official travel agent of Cruise-A-Palooza" this time around.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1 post ]