The Zim Family Cocker Spaniel Forum

An Online Community Of Cocker Spaniel Lovers
Click here to go to the main Zim Family Cockers web site

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Forum rules

Please click here to view the forum rules

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 493 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20  Next
 Post subject: Re: My photography thread
PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2014 10:04 am 
Forum Legend

Beautiful as always

PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2014 8:44 am 
Forum Legend

thx Debbie

To fall in love is easy, even to remain in it is not difficult; Our human loneliness is cause enough. But it is a hard quest worth making to find a comrade through who's steady presence one becomes steadily the person one desires to be.AnnaLouiseStrong

Website Facebook 500px Instagram Pinterest

PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2014 1:01 pm 
Forum Legend

:hp looks like a little lion

PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2014 5:30 pm 
Forum Legend

Oh Milo you are so handsome. Your face and curls remind me of my dear Holly. Is always good to see your pictures. You look so healthy, I hope you are doing well after that scare you gave your daddy last year.

Mom to dear Holly AKA Holly Caramel Candy 10/99-02/13 who went to meet Monchi, Sasha 1 and 2, in the Rainbow Bridge.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2014 12:08 am 
Forum Legend

may holly wrote:
Oh Milo you are so handsome. Your face and curls remind me of my dear Holly. Is always good to see your pictures. You look so healthy, I hope you are doing well after that scare you gave your daddy last year.

Thank you debbie
he is doing great May thank you for your kind words....

wedding last night one my favorite shots

To fall in love is easy, even to remain in it is not difficult; Our human loneliness is cause enough. But it is a hard quest worth making to find a comrade through who's steady presence one becomes steadily the person one desires to be.AnnaLouiseStrong

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2014 5:53 am 
Forum Legend

That's a great picture - such a great composition. Beautiful girls, too. Are they sisters or just friends? I always like the stories behind pictures.

Shiloh - 4/5/95 - 5/23/11 RIP, sweet girl

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2014 9:20 am 
Forum Legend

Girl on the right is the brides lil sister who was also the maid of honor. And the young girl on the left is the grooms lil sister who was the only brides maid and came from Colombia to be here for this special event. It is also the first time she's ever been to the states and loves it here.. Thanks Tina

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2014 1:01 pm 
Forum Legend

Awesome! You sure captured "happy"

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2014 5:25 pm 
Forum Legend

TinaP wrote:
Awesome! You sure captured "happy"

Thx Tina
The bride was a bag of nerves when she put on the vail. But we kept her company making the time pass comfortly. She did awesome

PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2014 4:53 pm 
Forum Legend

I really, really like this set of photos:

I have been playing with my studio lights today. I got a set a few years ago from Cowboy Studio and those lights are simply weak. That said, I feel that I need to be able to use those first before I can justify getting some other light modifiers.

I shot a few photos with my new arrangement of lights today. I would say that I am better than a lot of the professional pet photographers out there. But I haven't figured out how to do studio lighting the way that you and Cindy do it yet. But again, I need to figure it out for myself as we all are different.

Anyways, I just love to see your photos again and again. :joy

Cherry UDX RE CGC R/W Parti DOB: 4/1/10

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2014 8:37 pm 
Forum Legend

StellaR wrote:
I really, really like this set of photos:

I have been playing with my studio lights today. I got a set a few years ago from Cowboy Studio and those lights are simply weak. That said, I feel that I need to be able to use those first before I can justify getting some other light modifiers.

I shot a few photos with my new arrangement of lights today. I would say that I am better than a lot of the professional pet photographers out there. But I haven't figured out how to do studio lighting the way that you and Cindy do it yet. But again, I need to figure it out for myself as we all are different.

Anyways, I just love to see your photos again and again. :joy

Thank you Stella
this was a fun shoot with my niece.. and soon i will be doing some more work with her.

this is something i did the other day with 2 flashes

So i pick up this vintage looking chair for $25 off a yard sale since i have some photo sessions coming up with 2 models soon and was craving a red chair. My brother says "Man! it would look sick if you do like a Morpheus look pic, the chair looks like one in the movie, when Morpheus and Neo meet for the first time" Of course you know who Morpheus is form the movie The Matrix. So why not.. i suited up, had my son help me hold the hair light camera right with DIY flash bender, another light on a stand camera left also with DIY flash bender both YN560's, 550d on a tripod, 50mm f1.8 and click took a few shots.

The DIY flash bender is simple the yn560 sock that it brings wrapped around the flash head held in place by a hair band for a more concentrated direction of light

Here is the chair i scored

Inspiration

set up

result

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2014 6:08 pm 
Active Forum Member
 YIM  Profile

:nw Awesome job! I love it, you have so much talent I am always in awe of your skills.

Waiting at the Bridge:
Charlie (minature dachshund) May 1989 - June 2002

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2014 8:35 pm 
Forum Legend

That is an awesome picture!!!

My new YN flash and the remote triggers just came. My old flash is a Canon Speedlight 430EX II. I will try doing a similar setup, but with a reflector at 45 degrees in front on the dark side. I like that you did your rim light on the dark side. I did my shoot with the rim light on the light side because of the plugs around my setup...

(Since I haven't really made up a mind regarding Nikon vs Canon, it doesn't make sense for me to buy any more of their flashes yet. And perhaps I never should. A flash is flash.)

PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2014 4:36 pm 
Forum Legend

Isaac! That newest picture is incredible! Maybe you should be in movies.......

PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2014 8:44 pm 
Forum Legend

Isaac,
Here is my first attempt on my off camera flash. I got my YN560-III and two YN-622C. Apparently, I need to have another YN-622C if I want to set off two remote flashes. So I did not use my Canon 430 EX II.

BTW, I could not get TTL to work properly with my 430 EX II using the YN-622C's.

So I am winging it with the manual mode right now. The rim light is a cheap Cowboy Studio continuous light (due to the lack of a second flash) placed above their heads on the dark side. The reflector is 45 degrees in front on the dark side. Shot with my Canon T2i (550D) and Canon 35mm f/2 lens.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 28, 2014 8:07 pm 
Forum Legend

StellaR wrote:

Isaac,
Here is my first attempt on my off camera flash. I got my YN560-III and two YN-622C. Apparently, I need to have another YN-622C if I want to set off two remote flashes. So I did not use my Canon 430 EX II.

BTW, I could not get TTL to work properly with my 430 EX II using the YN-622C's.

So I am winging it with the manual mode right now. The rim light is a cheap Cowboy Studio continuous light (due to the lack of a second flash) placed above their heads on the dark side. The reflector is 45 degrees in front on the dark side. Shot with my Canon T2i (550D) and Canon 35mm f/2 lens.

I think they looks great.. Did you find a solution to the ettl problem..
I tried to use my yn622 at a wedding today and they did not want to work. Right know I feel as it is a battery problem but it could be an operator error..
I've used them countless times before but the only difference today was I used different batteries. I was pretty annoyed but lucky we had low ceilings and all the walls where white..

**EDIT**
No! it was operator error, it works perfect like the 1000 times i used it before.. i guess i had it on channel 2.. amazing :cry

Last edited by Isaac & Milo on Sat Jun 28, 2014 9:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 28, 2014 8:08 pm 
Forum Legend

TinaP wrote:
Isaac! That newest picture is incredible! Maybe you should be in movies.......

Haha I was doing my version of morpheus from the matrix

PostPosted: Sat Jun 28, 2014 8:10 pm 
Forum Legend

Nicole S wrote:
:nw Awesome job! I love it, you have so much talent I am always in awe of your skills.

Thx Nicole I appreciate it.. :wink

PostPosted: Sat Jun 28, 2014 10:48 pm 
Forum Legend

Isaac,
I am pretty sure my E-TTL problem is also an operator problem. I guess I will read the manuals again to make sure that I do it right.

Off camera flash is great. It allows me to get effects that I was never able to get with my not-so-powerful continuous lights before. My next buy will be another YN flash and another pair of YN-622.

BTW, does the YN-622C work on the Nikon's in manual mode? If yes, I will get the C's.

I want to be able to use three speedlites in my setup.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 28, 2014 11:39 pm 
Forum Legend

StellaR wrote:
Isaac,
I am pretty sure my E-TTL problem is also an operator problem. I guess I will read the manuals again to make sure that I do it right.

Off camera flash is great. It allows me to get effects that I was never able to get with my not-so-powerful continuous lights before. My next buy will be another YN flash and another pair of YN-622.

BTW, does the YN-622C work on the Nikon's in manual mode? If yes, I will get the C's.

I want to be able to use three speedlites in my setup.

I am not to familiar with Nikon to be honest.. i cant say.. :dk STICK TO CANON FELLOW CANONISTA!!! lol :lol2
yeah this is where creativity kicks in. Now you can shape the light which ever way you want..

I had a fun day with this couple today in such weather

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2014 7:21 pm 
Forum Legend

I totally screwed up this shot initially.. I was being rushed and all my settings were wrong. Had to do some photoshop. Do you see anything funny with this image if you were my client? Take a close look and let me know I'll post the original soon.. Thx

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2014 7:57 am 
Forum Legend

They look like a loving couple.

As for the processed picture of the lady, I think most people won't see it.

I was looking at the light and suspect that you might have exposed it. And then your magical photoshop skill has brought back the gorgeous skin tone.
I find a lot easier to fix up underexposed pictures than the other way around.

Specifically, the bright side of her dress is brighter than her bright side.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2014 8:51 am 
Forum Legend

StellaR wrote:
They look like a loving couple.

As for the processed picture of the lady, I think most people won't see it.

I was looking at the light and suspect that you might have exposed it. And then your magical photoshop skill has brought back the gorgeous skin tone.
I find a lot easier to fix up underexposed pictures than the other way around.

Specifically, the bright side of her dress is brighter than her bright side.

Good catch StellaR

i actually over exposed the entire image by mistake so the sky was gone.. here is the b4 and after

the sky image was teaken 2 days after the wedding

left side of the sky "clouds" are made with a brush

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2014 10:07 am 
Forum Legend

Wow!!! You are very good with photoshop!!!

That is very smart of you to take the sky picture and fill it in!!!

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2014 2:27 pm 
Forum Legend

i noticed that the clouds on the left were a little "different" but that's all my untrained eye saw. And I wouldn't have a problem with that shot at all if it were taken for me. I'd love to be as beautiful as that bride, LOL. No one will notice anything else.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 493 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20  Next