Click here to go to the main Zim Family Cockers web site

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Forum rules

Please click here to view the forum rules

Post subject: Nine years go today our Amy went to the bridge
PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 8:53 am 
Active Forum Member
 WWW  Profile

Our little Amy left us 9 years ago today... she was 14 pounds of pure cocker spaniel love... she was beautiful with her black shining fur...
She used to "yodel" when we'd call the cat...she was so funny. She would always watch out the window for daddy to come home from work, she always knew to start looking about 10 minutes after 12... just like clock work...

While daddy was at work she was my buddy.. daddy some home and it was "mommy who"?

We miss her like it was yesterday.... She gave us 15.5 years of pure joy. I used to take her with me to some of my college art classes,she'd sit next to me and everyone loved her...and she loved the attention and belly rubs...

Al's folks were never "dog in the house" kind of people, Amy stayed with them when we went to DC for a trip and they said to bring the carrier so she could sleep in it...no dogs on the bed...Poor Amy,she wasn't going to like that.

They said she obediently slept in the carrier that first night, after playing with her all the next day ,she really wormed her way into their hearts....the second night, she hopped on their bed.. and that's where she slept the rest of the week... By the time we got home, she had free run of the house,the furniture,slept with them on the bed and had a new squeaky named George that she would fetch on command every time we visited.

She really was the embassador of fluff. She tended to win over the seemingly unwinable...
She was one in a million..
When it was getting close to her time to go to the bridge,we said we wanted a white dog, so we wouldn't be reminded of her, so we looked for Malts. We found Emily and Sasha and picked them up .. 4 days later Amy went to the bridge, it was like she was waiting for us to have fluffs to watch over us here so she could watch over us at the bridge... The night before Amy left us, I let them all out to potty and Emily walked on one side,Sasha on the other side of Amy, they looked like Amy's "angel wings" ,I wish I could have gotten a picture...

Amy..we miss you so much and we have your cremains with us in the bedroom so we all sleep together and wake up together every day... until we meet in heaven ..love mommy and daddy..
♥♥♥♥♥♥♥

Attachments:
amy ph.jpg
amy ph.jpg [ 18.51 KiB | Viewed 3222 times ]

Post subject: Re: Nine years go today our Amy went to the bridge
PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 4:03 pm 
Forum Legend

Amy was a beautiful little girl and I'm sorry for your loss. I don't think we ever get over losing these beautiful little creatures. I love the image of Amy having "angel wings." What a special memory.

Shiloh - 4/5/95 - 5/23/11 RIP, sweet girl

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 9:00 pm 
Active Forum Member
 WWW  Profile

Cockers are our first love, you can't replace a cocker kiss or cocker "musties".

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 11:49 am 
Active Forum Member

She is such a beautiful little darling - and I so love the term "fluffs." I've been trying to remember to use it! :hp

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 4:12 pm 
Active Forum Member

oh wow :cry :cry the tears are still rolling down my cheeks. Bless you and your little fluffs :hi