An Online Community Of Cocker Spaniel Lovers
Click here to go to the main Zim Family Cockers web site

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Forum rules

Please click here to view the forum rules

Post subject: My sweet Lasey
PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2012 4:47 am 
Forum Legend

You are my heart dog – no question. My days and nights will never be the same. Every time I come through the door – you were there waiting for me, watching the door (ok sleeping but looking towards the door, waiting for it to open!!) You knew when I would be home from work. You would do your little bunny jumps around me and then I would give you a kiss and scratch your back and lots of hugs. I will miss the absolute joy you had driving in the car. You would be in your seat behind me on your leopard blanket with the window open and smelling the air around you. You loved that – especially when you didn’t have to go to the groomers or the vet! You would get out of the car and do your bunny hops all over the place. I couldn’t believe how happy you can be. Sometimes I just drove you around the block because it made you so happy. My friends would laugh at me but it made you so happy.

Since your sister, Lily, died in 2003 you didn’t have to share me anymore. Some people told us that a dog would grieve when its sibling dies. I have to be honest, I always said that you did a happy dance because you didn’t have to share me. LOL!!! You have become my shadow ever since then. You were with me every minute I was home. I have had almost eighteen wonderful years with you. During the last few years you started slowing down and I gave you more back rubs and since you couldn’t hear to well I would always put my face right by your ears and talk to you, calling you my puppy girl. I knew you could hear me because you did this little purring sound for me. When I would go to bed you always jumped up to give me a kiss and get your belly rubs before you went to sleep.

I will miss you – Who will get my pizza crusts????? I dread going into my home each day – you are not there in body but in spirit I know you are with me. You are not there to lick my tears away right now but I know you are with me though. I cannot believe the pain I am in right now but thank you for the happiness and complete love you gave me. I know I gave it back also. My puppy girl Lasey.

The time, long or short, that we have with our fur babies - it is never enough.
Waiting at the Rainbow bridge for us:
Lasey, my shadow for 2 months shy of 18 years
and Lily - 9 years old. We miss you both so much

Post subject: Re: My sweet Lasey
PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2012 4:56 am 
I Rescued A Cocker!

My heartfelt sympathy to you for your loss. Isn't is wonderful when we love our pups as much as you loved Lasey? May your sweet memories bring you comfort as you work through your grieving process.

:hp

Sadie, CGC, TDI, our darling li'l black girl who adopted us 9/5/09, honorary BD 6/9/08
Rusty, we'll love you forever, 9/22/95 - 4/2/09
Mopsie, you're always in our hearts, 1978 - 1994

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2012 5:07 am 
I Rescue Cockers

I am so sorry to hear of your loss. She sounds like a real gem of a pup. I hope it will not be too long before the memories bring you smiles. Coming in that door is always so hard!

Cody - 9/2/08
Monkey Cat - 1993 - 2013
Cori - My First - 1/2/91 - 12/15/03
Maxine - My Angel - Gotcha - 9/5/09 - 7/28/11
Maddie - Good Boy - Gotcha 6/17/12 - 7/25/13

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2012 5:55 am 
I Rescued A Cocker!

Patty,
I am so sorry to hear of Lasey's passing to the Bridge. Sending gentle hugs your way.

Leila 03/21/08
Bridgette 01/12/09
Echo 08/10/12

Waiting at the Bridge: Little Sister, Savana, Tivy, Slider, Arrow and all the others, I will always love you.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2012 6:10 am 
Active Forum Member

Oh Patty I am so sorry for the loss of your puppy girl. I have enjoyed getting to know her over the years in your posts and have always had a soft spot for your sweet Lasey. You were so fortunate to have each other for so long and may all of your wonderful memories give you solace during this difficult time. Hugs.... :hp .

KC, Chocolate Lab ~ 5/5/05
Cabo, Golden Retriever ~ 3/18/08

PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2013 11:25 pm 
Active Forum Member

I am so sorry for you loss! I love my pet, so I know your heart must very sad! :cry