The Zim Family Cocker Spaniel Forum

An Online Community Of Cocker Spaniel Lovers
Click here to go to the main Zim Family Cockers web site

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Forum rules

Please click here to view the forum rules

Post subject: Annie Cocker Spaniel Lego on Life's Little Paws Auction...
PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2011 5:28 pm 
Forum Legend

Hi All,

I am writing to announce that Jon and I are no longer making the Lego Cocker Spaniel for sale. In fact, we had not been doing this for a long time due to drop off in interest. There are more effective ways to raise money for rescues than the Lego cockers anyways.

The last of our inventory has been donated to ACSR WA and is currently listed on the Life's Little Paws Auction:

http://www.lifeslittlepawsauction.com/auction_details.php?auction_search=1&auction_id=105632&option=basic_search&src_auction_id=&keywords_search=&buyout_price=&reserve_price=&quantity=&enable_swap=&list_in=&results_view=&country=&zip_code=&username=&basic_search=Annie

Jon and I both love Lego. Jon has created many Lego sets over the years for me. A few years ago, we have decided to make one in the likeness of our rescue boy Louie, whom we have adopted from ACSR WA. The first Louie cost quite a fortune to make. Thanks to Jon's creativity and by stocking up a few of the more popular sets ahead of time, we were able to bring the cost of good sold down to make it more affordable. The profit that we made could be donated to ACSR WA. Although it was a small amount per sale, we enjoyed doing it for a cocker rescue and was happy to share the love of Lego and Cocker Spaniels with other Lego lovers on the forum.

And we are pleased to create the likeness of Oliver and Annie because they are truly special dogs to us and thank Cindy A for letting us use their likeness for the cause.

However, there was really not enough demand for the sets to sustain the supply chain for the donation per set. And we simply don't have time to meet the customization requests from many. And keeping all of the invoices, receipts and keeping track of all of the transactions take a lot of time. Jon and I both have very demanding jobs and can no longer afford the time and effort.

That said, this effort has raised a total US$341.27 for ACSR WA. There was only 13 orders total.
Profit = Sale Price - Price we paid Lego for the bricks and cost of shipping from Lego- PayPal charges.

The cost basis does not include the cost of gas to cash the checks or parts of inventory that could not be sold off or cost sets that we have donated to auctions (2 to ACSR WA and one for Justice for Oreo). Those were our personal donations.

For the first nine sets sold, a donation of $216.11 was made in March 2010 to Second Chance Dogs (a 501c3 organization) to benefit the cause of ACSR WA. The subsequent 4 orders generated an amount of $125.16. A donation of $400 was made in December 2010 to Second Chance Dogs to benefit ACSR WA. Despite the drop off of interests, we have rounded up the donation amount to $400 because there was a dog in need in December of 2010 at the cocker rescue.

I would like to thank all of the Lego lovers for ordering the set and supporting the rescue cockers in WA.

I do want to mention that these Lego designs are copyrighted and the designs are owned by Jon and I.

- Stella

Cherry CDX RE CGC R/W Parti DOB: 4/1/10

Please support rescues and responsible breeders. Stop buying from evil puppy mills!

Post subject: Re: Annie Cocker Spaniel Lego on Life's Little Paws Auction.
PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2011 6:17 pm 
I Rescued A Cocker!

So - It sounds to me like those who own the lego cockers now own collectors items. They should treasure them. Thanks for all you have done for the cockers in need. You have been guardian angels to a lot of rescue dogs. Your good deeds will certainly come back to you one day.

Mary

Gone to the Bridge - Laddy - September 2007
Coco Channel RN, RA, RE, CGC - Born 3/4/2001 - Gone to the Bridge 5/27/2014

PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2011 7:08 pm 
Active Forum Member
 WWW  Profile

THANK YOU, JON AND STELLA!!

Attachments:
phpGKXmJFPM.jpg
phpGKXmJFPM.jpg [ 34.65 KiB | Viewed 1801 times ]

American Cocker Spaniel Rescue- www.acsrwa.org
There are only two kinds of dogs: 1) Cocker Spaniels, and 2) Those that wish they were!

PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2011 10:58 pm 
Forum Legend

BTW, the bricks on the Annie set alone is worth over US$40. Terri started the auction low to attract more interest. Please bid often and bid high for Terri's rescue.

Good luck Terri! I hope the set will go to a true cocker and Lego lover at a good price that would benefit the foster dogs at ACSR WA.

Cherry CDX RE CGC R/W Parti DOB: 4/1/10

Please support rescues and responsible breeders. Stop buying from evil puppy mills!

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2011 5:41 pm 
I Rescue Cockers
 WWW  Profile

Thanks for all you do. I love my two Lego Cockers and wish I could get the rest of the colors. I keep them sitting on my computer desk.

I had Legos as a child in the 60's. My kids had Legos. My grandkids had Legos. Now I have Legos again (second childhood?)

We visited Lego Land in Orlando once and it was awesome.

Thanks for helping Cocker Rescue!!!!

The furkids:
Blondie, Blackie, Betsy, Brandon, Beezus, Brownie, Braggs

Waiting at the Bridge:

Brittany 1994-2005
Barkley 1996-2007
Bubba 1994-2008
Buffie 1998-2010

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2011 1:36 pm 
I Rescue Cockers
 WWW  Profile

Target Stores have a limited edition Lego set to make Bullseye the Target dog. There is one listed on the Life's Little Paws Cocker Rescue Auction.

http://www.lifeslittlepawsauction.com/a ... _id=106072

The furkids:
Blondie, Blackie, Betsy, Brandon, Beezus, Brownie, Braggs

Waiting at the Bridge:

Brittany 1994-2005
Barkley 1996-2007
Bubba 1994-2008
Buffie 1998-2010