Click here to go to the main Zim Family Cockers web site

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Forum rules

Please click here to view the forum rules

Post subject: I called a Butthead Club meeting yesterday night! -- Louie
PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2015 7:34 pm 
Forum Legend

Dear fellow cockers,
My mother lost her mind and decided to take me to a Novice Obedience class yesterday night. I was the oldest dog there. The other five youngsters in the class werel younger than me with their combined age.

So I seized the wonderful opportunity to call a Butthead Club meeting so that Solo can attend via telepresence from the Bridge.

My mother thinks that I am naughtier than all those five youngsters combined also. I was fine at the beginning of the class. I did fine with the heeling drills. But I have decided that I forgot my swing finish. And mother was sweating by then.

Then we did some recalls. My fronts were great. But I broke the wait command a few times. Even then, I did not look too bad. After that, I was put up in the crate while half of the group were doing sit-for-exam. I barked when I saw mom petted that Leonberger boy! How could she cheat right in front of me! And then it was my turn, I decided to break the sit as soon as the person touched me! Well, I only succeeded on third attempt.

Mother was sweating more. Next up was ring entrance practice. I decided that I was going to not pay attention. Everybody thought that my mother must be retarded. She thought that has to be the worst part. Teacher surprised her with another round of stays. We were supposed to sit stay with a treat in between our front legs. Ha ha! I bent over and ate it without lifting my butt! Mother's butt almost fell off laughing. A few other people lost their jaws. Mother had to place the treat a bit further away for my down stay, which I did hold. And we ended the class with my brilliant moving stands. I honestly looked as good as brother Bullitt with my stands.

Louie :YAY , one of the original Butthead Club member

Cherry UDX RE CGC R/W Parti DOB: 4/1/10

Post subject: Re: I called a Butthead Club meeting yesterday night! -- Lou
PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2015 8:36 pm 
Forum Legend

I bet you were the most handsome guy there!

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2015 11:33 am 
Forum Legend
 WWW  Profile

That sounds just like how George acts at class, on the rare occasions all the girls are either in season or bathed for shows and can't go! :th-up

Spaniels are the best dogs!!

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2015 9:20 pm 
Forum Legend

Hi All,
I went to class again tonight and called another club meeting.

Heeling and recalls were fine as long as I felt like it. But stays were only suggestion these days.

There was also a young Leonberger that looked like my old pal Bentley in class tonight. I really wanted to sniff and say hi. But mom wouldn't let me.

Teacher asked us to use a platform to train the back legs for the left turn. That would require me putting my front paws on the platform. Mom tried to convince me to do that a few years ago and she gave up. Tonight, she entertained me enough that I actually put my front paws on the platform. And she actually got me to move my back leg. At the end of the day, I had to throw the human a bone so that she would keep going back to class to get trolled by me.

We were also asked to back up. In my younger days, I knew how to back up three times in Rally. And tonight, mom was lucky if I backed up one step. She gave up on that because she was worried about my old legs.

At the very end of the class, we had to do the utility signals from up close. A long time ago, I knew how to drop from standing positions. Tonight, mom had to plead and lure. I did it twice in the end. I think a few people were laughing so hard that their rear end came off.

Louie :sun

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2015 12:20 am 
Forum Legend

Louie,

I'm proud of you :th-up ! (But don't let that saintly dude know I told you this :wnk ).

Solo, The Bridge's Roving Canine Reporter
Founder Cocker Butthead Club

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2015 2:33 am 
Forum Legend
 WWW  Profile

Hetty would like to join the Butthead Club - over the weekend she decided to pretend she had almost no training. Sit and down, ok - but sit wait while Mum walks off, forget it! Angled jump - no chance. Recall over a jump straight in front of her to me - no chance! Stand leave dog - don't even bother with that one! :bang :gig We will draw a veil over 'heel back 3 steps' 'distance down sit' and 'call, down dog, call'. Time to do some work on the basics again.....

Spaniels are the best dogs!!

PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2015 10:08 pm 
Forum Legend

LucyD wrote:
Hetty would like to join the Butthead Club - over the weekend she decided to pretend she had almost no training. Sit and down, ok - but sit wait while Mum walks off, forget it! Angled jump - no chance. Recall over a jump straight in front of her to me - no chance! Stand leave dog - don't even bother with that one! :bang :gig We will draw a veil over 'heel back 3 steps' 'distance down sit' and 'call, down dog, call'. Time to do some work on the basics again.....

Hetty is in!!! We need more girls here.

PS I actually did not call a meeting at my last obedience class. I was doing the over-and-back pattern as well as the Open broad jump. I took a dumbbell, but did not have a hold yet. Mom was so touched that she almost thought about showing me at the specialty again! Dad had to set her straight again.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2015 9:44 pm 
Forum Legend

Well, Mom, who is officially a glutton for punishment, took me to obedience class tonight.

While she was so impressed with my heeling that she almost cried, I did call a meeting tonight. I broke sit stay many times during the three minutes sit. So did my neighbor (who is a brilliant heeling Basenji). We were both having a teleconference with Solo.

Teacher said mom should train me for Pre Open as there will be no stays and there will be retrieves and jumps, which I love. Let's see how much I want to toy with this human.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2015 10:59 pm 
Forum Legend

StellaR wrote:
We were both having a teleconference with Solo.

During the teleconference I hoped you told Solo how much he is missed. Did he remember that it was his 1 year anniversary of earning his MACH? And I think he has been sending post card to Gotham. Gotham has some periodic Butthead Behaviors that I think are being communicated to him from The Great Beyond.

Colleen

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2015 4:47 pm 
Forum Legend

Colleen K wrote:
StellaR wrote:
We were both having a teleconference with Solo.

During the teleconference I hoped you told Solo how much he is missed. Did he remember that it was his 1 year anniversary of earning his MACH? And I think he has been sending post card to Gotham. Gotham has some periodic Butthead Behaviors that I think are being communicated to him from The Great Beyond.

Colleen

Aunt Colleen,
Of course, Solo remembers that it was his one year anniversary of his MACH. He knows that he is missed by his dad and mom as well as all of the Butthead Club members.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2015 9:59 pm 
Forum Legend

Hi everybody,
Aunty Dr Min called Mom today and said that I might be sick. We will find out the results on Thursday.

Anyways, Mom took me to class tonight and told me that I could call any meetings that I like. So I had a teleconference with both Solo and Cooper (who just went there recently). They told me that I'd better not join them there any time soon. I need to complete my mission as the biggest goof ball in cocker spaniel obedience history.

I hope that I can stay. Mama totally lost it after she told teacher what is going on.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2015 7:18 am 
Forum Moderator
 WWW  Profile

Check out Buttheads International on Facebook . . . I created a page for our Butthead performance dogs, so they can compare ideas and come up with new ways to keep us on our toes.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2015 6:49 pm 
Forum Legend

StellaR wrote:
Hi everybody,
Aunty Dr Min called Mom today and said that I might be sick. We will find out the results on Thursday.

Anyways, Mom took me to class tonight and told me that I could call any meetings that I like. So I had a teleconference with both Solo and Cooper (who just went there recently). They told me that I'd better not join them there any time soon. I need to complete my mission as the biggest goof ball in cocker spaniel obedience history.

I hope that I can stay. Mama totally lost it after she told teacher what is going on.

I'm glad you had a "teleconference" with Solo. Please do as he said and don't plan on any face-to-face meetings anytime soon.

Colleen K

PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2015 6:51 pm 
Forum Legend

Aunt Kelly,
Mom went ahead and posted one of my deeds during my inauguration run for the club.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2015 7:33 am 
Forum Moderator
 WWW  Profile

Thanks Louie - as one of the founders, your input is greatly valued :cool Jack Jack and Kermit aspire to that level of buttheadedness.