The Zim Family Cocker Spaniel Forum

An Online Community Of Cocker Spaniel Lovers
Click here to go to the main Zim Family Cockers web site

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Forum rules

Please click here to view the forum rules

Post subject: Queen Heidi fired as the Captain of Team Butthead...
PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2015 9:10 pm 
Forum Legend

Hi all,
It is Louie here. :sun I am home recovering from my surgery, but got reports from the field about the Rose City Specialty Obedience show.

Queen Heidi, the underdog, won High in Trial by beating former HIT winners Cherry Pie and Oakley. As a result, she is officially fired as the captain of Team Butthead. Meanwhile, I will act as acting captain until we find a suitable candidate.

Last weekend, Cherry Pie won 1st place in Utility A class for her second qualifying leg and was the top favorite going into the show. Handsome Oakley, defending High in Trial winner, was another top favorite because of his excellent foundation skills. Heidi was the clear underdog in this strong line-up.

The day opened with the Utility Class. Cherry Pie missed the down signal because mom was wearing all red. A judge came up to her afterwards to tell her that dogs cannot see red in that lighting and that was probably why Cherry missed the signal. She recommended mom change her outfit tomorrow. She did compliment mom's improvement as a handler and Cherry as an obedience dog.

Cherry Pie then went into Open B class. She qualified, but there were some pretty bad moments. She clipped the broad jump for a major deduction and also a few bobbles. The broad jump was actually set too long by mistake by the stewards. But mom was too shocked to request a do-over. She only scored 177, her lowest Open score. But Cherry did her out-of-sight sit, which has been her nemesis since last August. It is a clear sign that she can get her UDX title now that her sit-stay is fixed.

Since Heidi has been a butthead since last May's show at that stinky barn, mom really had little expectation on Heidi. She even joked to Aunt Karen and Aunt Patricia that "she would try to win with Heidi from the Open A class". Heidi opened with some unimpressive heeling and the figure 8 was meh also. But then she nailed everything else onwards. When she cleared the broad jump, mom noticed that the jump was set at 36 inches plus instead of 28!!!!! She mentioned it to the judge. Now it dawned on mom why Cherry's jump look "long" to her. Heidi did her sit and down stays like a sphinx to win her third Specialty HIT.

Oakley, who has been away from show for one year, won Novice Obedience A class and finished his CD.

Congrats to all of the qualifiers today. And none of you can run this club.

Louie :sun

Cherry UDX RE CGC R/W Parti DOB: 4/1/10

Post subject: Re: Queen Heidi fired as the Captain of Team Butthead...
PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2015 9:16 pm 
Forum Legend

Heidi also retired the Rose City Specialty High in Trial challenge trophy, donated by Marge and Russ Coffman in 2009, today.
She has won it twice (2013 and 2015) and Cherry Pie has won it once (2012).

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2015 9:52 pm 
Forum Legend

Oh Louie, congratulations on your new title, even if only temporary :gig

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2015 11:36 pm 
Forum Legend

Hi Louie,

Mom has told me that I better not try to return as President of the Butthead Club (but I will always be the founder!). Although I haven't had any success in passing my Variable Surface Tracking Test, I haven't been a butthead--it is just a hard test to pass. As for agility, well, I qualified for the AKC Agility Championships to be held in March and I have earned five double Qs toward MACH2 -- not really the type of things that allow a dog to stay in the Cocker Butthead Club.

But if Mom tries to put me back into obedience, well all bets are off :evil ....

Hope you are feeling better soon,

CH. MACH Solo (Founder and Past President Cocker Butthead Club)

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2015 6:02 pm 
Forum Legend

Chessie is well qualified to be Captain of Team Butthead..... just saying. :gig

Way to go Stella on some really nice accomplishments. I'm very impressed.

Chesapeake NF, AX, AXJ (CGC)
4/20/10

The road to MACH is full of jumps and weaves....

Competing in Master Agility
Double Q's - 1
MACH Points -71
MX Q's - 2
MJX Q's - 2
(edited 12/16)

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2015 8:53 pm 
Forum Moderator
 WWW  Profile

Kermit might be running for the President role of the Butthead Club tomorrow night. It's the first night of scent hurdle racing in two months and we're running on a brand new team. Who knows what the future holds?

Congrats to you Stella on having TWO dogs qualify in Open (as well as that Utility leg last weekend). HUGS congrats on the HIT too! And of course, congrats to Karen and Oakley for finishing his CD in style.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2015 7:06 pm 
Forum Legend

Auntie Lisa,
Chessie is now the new Team captain. She is definitely a pretty parti girl with a personality. :sun

While Heidi should no longer be Team captain, it did not stop her from having occasional meetings. The other buff and the other parti at my home somehow seems a bit too responsible.

BTW, as many of you know, I was initiated to the club back in 2010 at my Novice Obedience A debut with mom. Mom was showing my stand-for-exam picture to our judge. And somehow that triggered another team meeting with a cocker who wished to remain anonymous. He literally had an out-of-body experience and acted out of character simply by hearing about my deeds. And my mom tried to blame me for calling the meeting. :neen

Louie :sun

PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2015 8:12 pm 
Forum Legend

KLADCkrs wrote:
Kermit might be running for the President role of the Butthead Club tomorrow night. It's the first night of scent hurdle racing in two months and we're running on a brand new team. Who knows what the future holds?

Congrats to you Stella on having TWO dogs qualify in Open (as well as that Utility leg last weekend). HUGS congrats on the HIT too! And of course, congrats to Karen and Oakley for finishing his CD in style.

Aunt Kelly,
Even if Kermit calls for a meeting, he still needs to be initiated into the club first. :gig
And it does take quite a bit to become the President of the Club. Are you sure you want to go there?

Louie Lou :sun