Click here to go to the main Zim Family Cockers web site

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Forum rules

Please click here to view the forum rules

Post subject: Team Butthead Meeting in Obedience today!!!! By Queen B
PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2014 3:42 pm 
Forum Legend

Hi everybody!

It is Heidi here! I heard that Miss Cherry Poopy Pie made her Utility debut yesterday with some understandable mistakes and then breezed through her Open B run. Unfortunately, she got tired in the 1:30pm sun after 5 minutes of down and 3 minutes of sit. She laid down at 3 minutes when the nice judge was signalling mom and other exhibitors back. She literally failed at the last second and lost her second place ribbon!!!! Still, we were being lenient and did not call a meeting yesterday. It was her first show and first Open B run in 7 months.

Today was kind of different. Mom made sure that Cherry went potty 15 minutes before their Utility run. Things were going pretty well. The signal exercise was good. People were praising her afterwards for that. Her scent articles were perfect. The judge was smiling. She got her glove #3. Mom did a shitty pivot, but Cherry Pie saved Mom's butt.

Then it comes the stand for exam... Poopy sat down because she had to poop!!!! She had mom fooled well for a few seconds that they might be getting their first Q in Utility.

Well, well, well... She is called Poopy for a reason!

Then Poopy was naughty throughout Open B even though she was still passing after the individual exercise. And after the group down, the GSD and Poopy both decided that they want to lie down for three more minutes on the steamy 10:30am grass.

I guess Poopy has just out-smarted the human yet again.

Mom said that she might pull me from all shows next weekend because I seem lazy. I was working really well last week and was heeling beautifully. Well, I am a little worried that my For Sale sign might go up if I call another meeting next weekend...

Heidi, aka Queen Adalheid, the first in her name, and the first female Team Butthead President

PS Mom was teaching Louie how to pick up a dumbbell... And FBL was sandbagging her for treats. At least, she was smart enough to figure that out.

Cherry UDX RE CGC R/W Parti DOB: 4/1/10

Post subject: Re: Team Butthead Meeting in Obedience today!!!! By Queen B
PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2014 10:50 am 
Forum Legend

Hey,

It is the Queen here again!

Even though Poopy laid down again during the Open B Group Sit, she showed very well yesterday. Mom made a handler mistake during the Utility down signal. So Poopy is kicked out of the Butthead club again.

Then I have to rant about my mom! She had denied me of my third HIT win by pulling me from sit/down. I was the first Novice B cocker to show at the combined specialty and the other showed in the afternoon. This was supposed to be a practice run before my Open A comeback on Sunday. Anyways, I was good enough to qualify after the individual exercise. But mom pulled me from sit/down. I have one of the most solid sit/down stays in business... Well, no other dogs qualify for the rest of the day and I was literally denied my third Specialty HIT.

Mom said that I did not deserve to beat that stuck up Poopy yesterday. She has said that I am not my normal self and lacked the spark of my Open A debut in April. So she is pulling me from tomorrow's show and will work on me until I get better.

Oh well, I guess I just need to keep running this club.

Queen Heidi

Post subject: Re: Team Butthead Meeting in Obedience today!!!! By Queen B
PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2014 8:55 pm 
Forum Legend

It is me the Queen B again.

My mom decided to show me in Open A today after some practice in the backyard yesterday. I seemed more normal and she wanted to give it a try. When we got there, I seemed lazy. She was finally able to perk me up before our show time.

We went in. There was no butthead meeting today and my for sale sign is back in the garage. Other than lagging the heeling (which I caught up when I realized that I was off) and the unfortunate acts of god during my drop on recall (when some loud noise covered up mom's loud down command), I showed happily. Mom is happy that I am happy.

We skipped the group sit/down stay because there was no point doing it. And my neighbor would have been an Akita that mom does not know. Anyways, some of the trainers around here call me the sphinx during sit and down despite all distractions flying around. So it is least of our concern.

Anyways, mom is going to take me and Poopy on some serial heeling drills in the near future.

That said, I am running Team Butthead until my first Open A Q. :-) Solo and Louie, you can have it back then.