Click here to go to the main Zim Family Cockers web site

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Forum rules

Please click here to view the forum rules

Post subject: Solo - Sunday QQ#18 and VIDEOS; Mom was wrong
PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2014 2:53 pm 
Forum Legend

:hi Hi All,

UPDATE Tuesday -- Mom put her headphones on to listen to the video of the FAST run. The judge did call 7 points on the first attempt on the teeter. She called the points again on the second time, but those points don't count. Mom really wasted a lot of time having me re-run it.

Today I finally finished the Master level FAST title. It wasn't our best effort -- good thing the send bonus was easy. The first obstacle was the A-Frame and Mom thought I got the contact -- evidently the judge didn't and didn't call out any points. Mom wasn't sure whether or not she just missed hearing it. Luckily the send bonus lead back to the A-Frame so Mom did it again, this time the judge yelled out the points! Good thing we did that obstacle again, it was worth a lot of points. But then Mom almost blew it -- she didn't hear the horn indicating we were out of time so we lost 4 seconds for taking too long to go over the last jump.

Before our next run Mom decides to change shoes. Bad idea. The new shoes didn't have cleats and Mom take a nasty fall trying to do a front cross in front of the weaves. In the fall, she hits me and I come back to her, so that is now a fault. Mom is helped off the course and someone else takes me back to the set-up. Luckily we had ice packs.

Mom feels better by the jumpers run, changes back into the shoes with cleats. We were doing ok, but I dropped a bar. Hey, sometimes it happens :dk .

We try again tomorrow. It is supposed to be cooler. It was in the high 80 today. Hopefully, with the FAST title out of the way, we can concentrate on getting those last 3 double q's.

:cool Solo, the wannabe MACH cocker

Last edited by Colleen K on Tue Jun 03, 2014 11:58 am, edited 4 times in total.

Post subject: Re: Solo - MASTER FAST Title; Mom klutz
PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2014 5:17 pm 
Forum Legend

Solo, Congratulations! on your Master FAST!! Way to go!

Now your mom and her new shoes... Oh My! I'm glad she wasn't badly hurt, but hey, what Was she thinking?! I know, you were asking yourself that, too :gig

On to your QQ's! Good Luck, I know you can do it!

Sophie, 10-22-2015, home 9/19/15-
---------------------------------------
Maggie Mae: home 9/1/2014 - 3/31/2015, 7 mo of Love
Feather: 3/23/1994 - 11/17/2011, 17 yrs, 8 mo of Love

Post subject: Re: Solo - Sunday QQ#; MASTER FAST Title; Mom klutz; Videos
PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2014 1:54 pm 
Forum Legend

:joy Yah today I earned double Q #18. Two more to go for my MACH title -- I can't believe it. It was still hot today, in the high 80s, and the grass was long, so I wasn't running very fast, but fast enough to earn a total of 24 points.
Yes there will be videos from this weekend. They are being processed on Youtube and Mom & I are taking a nap.

:cool Solo, dreamin' of being a MACH dog.

Post subject: Re: Solo - Sunday QQ#; MASTER FAST Title; Mom klutz; Videos
PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2014 6:14 pm 
Recommended Breeder

Colleen K wrote:
:joy Yah today I earned double Q #18. Two more to go for my MACH title -- I can't believe it. It was still hot today, in the high 80s, and the grass was long, so I wasn't running very fast, but fast enough to earn a total of 24 points.
Yes there will be videos from this weekend. They are being processed on Youtube and Mom & I are taking a nap.

:cool Solo, dreamin' of being a MACH dog.

WOW Solo, you are almost there!!! WOW…we don't play AKC until the middle of June…we went to ANOTHER international seminar for two days…I dunno what my mom likes about those Europeans…there was a man there and he scared me…so I barked at him and Mom replaced me with C.C. HUMPH!!! I got to run again the next day at the end and I did everything perfect! Mom says that she has no plans to go to Europe, she tells me if we train difficult stuff that trials will seem easy..I guess she's right.

I wish we could come out to Ca to celebrate with you….and I'd make sure you get a cake….
Can't wait to see your videos!
Congrats on the MXF, awesome work pal
Your Pal Andy Boy

Post subject: Re: Solo - Sunday QQ#18; MASTER FAST Title
PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2014 9:10 pm 
Forum Legend

:hi
Well after a long nap, and a lot of processing time on YouTube, here are the videos from this weekend.

QQ#18 -- nothing special, just two clean runs.
http://youtu.be/QICJmh3sf5Y Standard run, 16 points
http://youtu.be/BuK-G1hwoEU Jumpers run, 8 points

MASTER FAST TITLE and 2nd place
http://youtu.be/-o9epuzAefQ
This run leaves much to desire. And I decided to go around several jumps, rather than over them. But the run was good enough!

And believe it or not -- here is :OMY THE GREAT WIPE OUT!!! Mom's fall was so impressive that at least a dozen people today asked if she was ok. http://youtu.be/a8jtgJlBvaQ

We are off for the next two weekends. In the meantime I am going to work on entering weave poles from very tight angles. Mom is going to work on staying on her feet :gig.

:cool Solo, the wannabe MACH cocker

Post subject: Re: Solo - Sunday QQ#18 and VIDEOS; Mom was wrong
PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2014 2:15 am 
Forum Legend

Solo, huge congratulations! You are doing a fabulous job!
Star :paw

Star the bright light in my life St. James Bright STAR Angel 7-20-2008
SkyBee, sweet baby boy 8/10/2017

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2014 11:42 am 
Forum Legend

Thank you Star. My goal for this week is to keep Mom was becoming an idiot and screwing me up on my runs this weekend. As much as the MACH matters, I still needs lots of points to qualify for AKC Nationals so single q's are also important.

:cool Solo

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2014 5:13 pm 
Recommended Breeder

Colleen K wrote:
Thank you Star. My goal for this week is to keep Mom was becoming an idiot and screwing me up on my runs this weekend. As much as the MACH matters, I still needs lots of points to qualify for AKC Nationals so single q's are also important.

:cool Solo

You will do it no problem…there is plenty of time left. Nationals are really fun, even I liked it and I don't like big crowds but Mom was so happy, so was I
Your pal
Andy Boy (wanna be MACH too)