Click here to go to the main Zim Family Cockers web site

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Forum rules

Please click here to view the forum rules

Post subject: Solo - 3 days of agility: QQ#17 and 1 Q
PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2014 7:54 pm 
Forum Legend

:hi Hi All,
Saturday: No brags, but also no Butthead meetings. The agility courses were challenging, but fair. We made 1 error in each run so no Q's today. Mom put the "For Sale" sign away, for now. She said I tried, but sometimes things just don't go quite right.

Trying again tomorrow,

:cool Solo, the wannabe MACH cocker

Last edited by Colleen K on Mon May 26, 2014 6:59 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Post subject: Re: Solo - 3 days of agility
PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2014 10:51 pm 
Forum Legend

Go, Solo! You can do it! :th-up

Sophie, 10-22-2015, home 9/19/15-
---------------------------------------
Maggie Mae: home 9/1/2014 - 3/31/2015, 7 mo of Love
Feather: 3/23/1994 - 11/17/2011, 17 yrs, 8 mo of Love

Post subject: Re: Solo - 3 days of agility
PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2014 5:46 am 
Active Forum Member

Good luck Solo!

Our Rescue - Freddie (rescued 5/14/14)

At the bridge -
Amber - 2003-2014 (Rescued 5/20/03)

Post subject: Re: Solo - 3 days of agility: QQ#17
PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2014 1:26 pm 
Forum Legend

Sunday - Day 2

:joy QQ#17 was earned today. The standard run was a comedy of "almost" errors. I broke my start line and surprised Mom by running past her (she didn't like that). Luckily I was listening and managed not to get a fault. Then I decided to crawl down the A-Frame and stop right before the yellow; made Mom give me multiple commands to get me down; then there was the slight contact with Mom's right leg before going into a tunnel (we were lucky not to get an interference call against because the tunnel was to the right). I had the slowest qualifying score in the class (only 12 points) -- but there were many who didn't qualify. So better an ugly Q than no Q. Jumpers was a decent run for 4 points.

There will be videos posted after Monday.

Off to nap,

:cool Solo, the wannabe MACH cocker

PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2014 4:32 pm 
Recommended Breeder

Hi, Solo!

Sounds like your redemption is in progress--WTG! My mom still has not forgiven me for what she calls my "stunningly awful performance" last Thursday. She informed me that tomorrow we will be going to the dog park to work on our heeling and no sniffing will be allowed. This is going to be a hard one--there are lots of delicious smells there!

Again, Congratulations!

Shadow

PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2014 4:50 pm 
Forum Legend

Congrats on the QQ# 17!!! You will be MACH very soon!

Cherry UDX RE CGC R/W Parti DOB: 4/1/10

PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2014 6:58 pm 
Forum Legend

Well the statistics are in and I was 50% in all of my events since last Thursday. In obedience I NQ in Open B, but Q in Veteran Obedience. In agility I was 3 of 6. 3 Q's and 3 NQ's. Luckily 2 of those q's were on the same day which gave me that very important QQ#17. But today, I slipped in the weaves again (going in too fast and can't control my movement) and later dropped the double while making a tight turn. I almost made the same error in jumpers that I made on Friday, but I caught myself before I went by a jump. It was getting pretty hot and I was tired so I wasn't running that fast today, so I only earned 4 points on my jumpers run today.

Here are the videos. The standard run is one BUTT UGLY run -- good thing it was still a Q otherwise that For Sale Sign might be up.

Solo QQ #17 Sun ExMastJWW SCPWDC May2014 4 points
http://youtu.be/eE0CoMvR994
Solo QQ#17 Sun ExMastSTD SCPWDC May 2014 12 points UGLY, UGLY, UGLY!!!!!
http://youtu.be/KFfKGj5KwSc

Solo Mon ExMastJWW SCPWDC May2014 4 points
http://youtu.be/0q7TMwe8NX0

Next weekend we have an agility trial in Pasadena -- only a few miles from home. Ironically, we don't tend to do very well at this trial :dk. But I'm going to try and do better this year and get double Qs both days!

:cool Solo, the wannabe-MACH cocker

PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2014 7:02 pm 
Forum Legend

Gale wrote:
Hi, Solo!

Sounds like your redemption is in progress--WTG! My mom still has not forgiven me for what she calls my "stunningly awful performance" last Thursday. She informed me that tomorrow we will be going to the dog park to work on our heeling and no sniffing will be allowed. This is going to be a hard one--there are lots of delicious smells there!

Again, Congratulations!

Shadow

Hi Shadow,
I don't know what is on the ground at the Fairplex but there were LOTS of dogs that got distracted in agility and stopped running to sniff the ground. And these are Master's level dogs. They tended to be the very small dogs. But at least a dozen dogs were unable to complete the Master Jumpers course today because they were so distracted by scents in the dirt.

:cool Solo

PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2014 7:48 pm 
Forum Legend

Colleen K wrote:
Gale wrote:
Hi, Solo!

Again, Congratulations!

Shadow

Hi Shadow,
I don't know what is on the ground at the Fairplex but there were LOTS of dogs that got distracted in agility and stopped running to sniff the ground. And these are Master's level dogs. They tended to be the very small dogs. But at least a dozen dogs were unable to complete the Master Jumpers course today because they were so distracted by scents in the dirt.

Solo,
This is Heidi here! My mom made me compete in that stinky barn last weekend that was so dirty and smelly. I did not even want to sit there. After all, I am the Queen B. With all the master level dogs sniffing at your show, it is obvious that I am not the "dumb blonde" that my parents try to portray. They simply need to pick better and cleaner venues for me.

Thank you for giving me my points to debate with my mother. While I am more than glad to run the Butthead Club until I redeem myself in August, I don't want to hear my mom telling people that I am "not too swift". After all, how many cockers ever get to compete at the Open Obedience level?

Heidi

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2014 2:57 am 
Recommended Breeder

Wow Solo, those were great runs…your weaves were really fast in std and that one run in JWW you were flying, can't believe you only got 4 points, you were moving.,

But WOW, 17 QQ's…you are almost there! Cake soon!
We ran on dirt too last sunday…my sister Gemma usually sniffs there but this time she didn't. It's an indoor barn. I'm like you, I don't sniff. My sister thinks you are really handsome by the way.
Your wanna be Mach Pal Andy Boy

Colleen K wrote:
Well the statistics are in and I was 50% in all of my events since last Thursday. In obedience I NQ in Open B, but Q in Veteran Obedience. In agility I was 3 of 6. 3 Q's and 3 NQ's. Luckily 2 of those q's were on the same day which gave me that very important QQ#17. But today, I slipped in the weaves again (going in too fast and can't control my movement) and later dropped the double while making a tight turn. I almost made the same error in jumpers that I made on Friday, but I caught myself before I went by a jump. It was getting pretty hot and I was tired so I wasn't running that fast today, so I only earned 4 points on my jumpers run today.

Here are the videos. The standard run is one BUTT UGLY run -- good thing it was still a Q otherwise that For Sale Sign might be up.

Solo QQ #17 Sun ExMastJWW SCPWDC May2014 4 points
http://youtu.be/eE0CoMvR994
Solo QQ#17 Sun ExMastSTD SCPWDC May 2014 12 points UGLY, UGLY, UGLY!!!!!
http://youtu.be/KFfKGj5KwSc

Solo Mon ExMastJWW SCPWDC May2014 4 points
http://youtu.be/0q7TMwe8NX0

Next weekend we have an agility trial in Pasadena -- only a few miles from home. Ironically, we don't tend to do very well at this trial :dk. But I'm going to try and do better this year and get double Qs both days!

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2014 8:12 am 
Forum Legend

michelle mamaradlo wrote:
Wow Solo, those were great runs…your weaves were really fast in std and that one run in JWW you were flying, can't believe you only got 4 points, you were moving.,
We ran on dirt too last sunday…my sister Gemma usually sniffs there but this time she didn't. It's an indoor barn. I'm like you, I don't sniff. My sister thinks you are really handsome by the way.

Andy Boy,
I ran the course in 38.72 seconds but the course time was only 43 seconds. This judge often has tight times for his jumpers courses. He has been judging a lot out here and I do OK on his courses but I don't get lots of points.

Cake? What is the cake for :dk ?
Your sister makes me blush :wink. I'm a pretty ol' guy for anyone to think I'm handsome.

Post subject: Re: Solo - 3 days of agility: QQ#17 and 1 Q
PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2014 11:55 am 
Forum Legend

Wow, that Std course was scary - lucky you didn't trip over that jump and get hurt. The JWW course on Sunday looked really challenging - lots of direction changes. Very impressive performance!

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2014 12:23 pm 
Active Forum Member

Congrats Solo & Colleen! So close to that MACH; I'm sure we will be hearing all about it soon. Solo, you don't know about cake?! Awesome agility doggies always get cake for championship runs even if they steal it like some naughty cockers I know.

Those runs were pretty and those must be some very tight course times because your jumpers runs were beautiful and fast!

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2014 6:20 pm 
Recommended Breeder

Okay Solo…now,,,we have GOT to have a talk..your MACH is coming up soon…and you'd better order your cake…tell your Mom you want a cake with one of your handsome pictures jumping with your ears flying ok? I like ice cream cake myself..my Aunt Midnight once got an ice cream cake!

Yeah,,,our course this past sunday was very tight too…only 43 seconds..Mom Jolie only got 4 points and I thought for a mom she had a really good run. Me and Gemma tied for 8 points but in generous courses we have gotten as many as 18 points in JWW!

And by the way Gemma digs older men.,..the male she had puppies with she told me was 10 years old…she said she likes an experienced man…now you are really blushing!

Your good buddy
Andy Boy

Colleen K wrote:

Andy Boy,
I ran the course in 38.72 seconds but the course time was only 43 seconds. This judge often has tight times for his jumpers courses. He has been judging a lot out here and I do OK on his courses but I don't get lots of points.

Cake? What is the cake for :dk ?
Your sister makes me blush :wink. I'm a pretty ol' guy for anyone to think I'm handsome.

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2014 10:16 pm 
Forum Legend

Gee, I didn't know about the cake. Even, The Divine Goddess of the Cosmos didn't have a cake when she got her MACH --though I remember there being a small cake that was taken to the Cocker Club meeting soon after that trial. I guess that was it :dk.

But a cake with my picture on it -- that sounds really fancy. An ice cream cake sounds even fancier. I'm not sure my Mom knows about such things.

:cool Solo, the wannabe MACH (with cake) cocker

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2014 10:20 pm 
Forum Legend

StellaR wrote:
Solo,
This is Heidi here! My mom made me compete in that stinky barn last weekend that was so dirty and smelly. I did not even want to sit there. After all, I am the Queen B. With all the master level dogs sniffing at your show, it is obvious that I am not the "dumb blonde" that my parents try to portray. They simply need to pick better and cleaner venues for me.
Heidi

Heidi,
You should come here -- the phrase "dumb blonde" is not allowed in this house. (You have seen photos of my PHD Mom, right :gig).

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2014 2:50 am 
Recommended Breeder

Colleen K wrote:
Gee, I didn't know about the cake. Even, The Divine Goddess of the Cosmos didn't have a cake when she got her MACH --though I remember there being a small cake that was taken to the Cocker Club meeting soon after that trial. I guess that was it :dk.

But a cake with my picture on it -- that sounds really fancy. An ice cream cake sounds even fancier. I'm not sure my Mom knows about such things.

:cool Solo, the wannabe MACH (with cake) cocker

Yeah Solo
Mom is bad at being able to post pictures but here is a link to my Uncle A.J.'s cake
http://www.thepartypups.com/aj.htm
I wish I lived closer so I could orchestrate your party pal!
:YAY
Your pal
Andy Boy who has 8 more QQ's to go before cake!

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2014 8:58 am 
Forum Legend

I wish I lived closer so I could orchestrate your party pal!
:YAY
Your pal
Andy Boy who has 8 more QQ's to go before cake!

I wish you lived closer so you could orchestrate my party!

:cool Solo, the cake-less wannabe MACH cocker

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2014 11:12 pm 
Forum Legend

Colleen K wrote:
StellaR wrote:
Solo,
Heidi

Heidi,
You should come here -- the phrase "dumb blonde" is not allowed in this house. (You have seen photos of my PHD Mom, right :gig).

Solo,
It is Cherry the spicy red head here. Apparently, our mothers have met at Reno last year. So I think they are very aware of each others' hair color. While the hair color intelligence correlation might not apply to humans, I beg to differ with Heidi's claim. It doesn't take a genius to figure out that the red heads around here are way smarter than her.

And BTW, my mother has a PHD too. But I think that should stand for Permanent Head Damage in her case because she is definitely an elite butthead. I have been pulled from all shows right now because I have invented new ways of not paying attention during the signal exercise despite my other utility exercises coming along nicely.

Yours bitterly training at home,
Cherry Pie

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2014 9:18 am 
Forum Legend

StellaR wrote:
It doesn't take a genius to figure out that the red heads around here are way smarter than her.

And BTW, my mother has a PHD too. But I think that should stand for Permanent Head Damage in her case because she is definitely an elite butthead. I have been pulled from all shows right now because I have invented new ways of not paying attention during the signal exercise despite my other utility exercises coming along nicely.

Yours bitterly training at home,
Cherry Pie

:hi Spicey Cherry (I like this new name).
PHD -- Permanent Head Damage :th-up I love it :ROFL !! And do share your new ways of not paying attention during signals exercise. Mom's chemo brain seems to be causing her to forget my awful obedience performance last week and she is considering taking a "click to obedience" book with us this summer to train me in futility, I mean "utility" :evil .

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2014 5:16 pm 
Forum Legend

Solo,

It is Cherry again. Well, I obviously was able to convince Mom that I did not really understand the signals and that she was not doing it right for quite a while. I did so to earn treats when I do it.

Then we went to the Rally class in Oregon. I had to show off to Storm and others in class. Of course, I did all of those new Rally Excellent signs with signal. It finally dawned on Mom that I was just trying to game her.

So I have decided to pretend further and started lagging in my heeling. I noticed that when that happened before, I got more treats in my training sessions. I tried to look away when she leaves me after the stand. And sometimes I will anticipate the sit. Well, I keep Mom guessing.

Anyways, I think both of my teachers in WA and OR busted me for my crap. So now, I am in the proofing phase. It is no fun. I get way fewer treats. I have to do a really good job to earn one. And I earned a leash back for my heeling practice.

Cherry Pie :love

PS I watched Heidi working on her scent articles yesterday. After doing it right with a few articles, she is now discovering the "grab the first one" phase and earned herself the tie-down board. Again, the difference in intelligence level is quite obvious. :neen

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2014 4:42 am 
Forum Legend

Yeah 17!

Soon Solo Soon!

BTW... when I break my start line like that (STD) my nickname is Little Stink! Your mom did a great job diverting disaster! :th-up

Chesapeake NF, AX, AXJ (CGC)
4/20/10

The road to MACH is full of jumps and weaves....

Competing in Master Agility
Double Q's - 3
MACH Points -126
MX Q's - 4
MJX Q's - 4

(edited 12/17)