An Online Community Of Cocker Spaniel Lovers
Click here to go to the main Zim Family Cockers web site

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Forum rules

Please click here to view the forum rules

Post subject: Finally some MACH points!
PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 12:14 pm 
Forum Legend

Yesterday Solo Q'd in standard (master level) and earned 18 MACH points. We haven't earned any MACH points since last September. That MACH is still a long way off (4 of 20 double q's and 290 of 750 mach points).

Judge was Laura English, she is one of our favorites because she has nice flowing courses with appropriate challenges and no stupid tricks. We haven't always q'd under Laura, but at least I always feel we have a chance.

But there was no double Q because of we had multiple wrong courses in jumpers (Solo may becoming a tunnel suck :roll ). But the jww course was nasty with many top agility dogs crashing and burning (figuratively). Solo hasn't q'd in master level jumpers since the Cocker National in St. Louis.

No video this week. Next Sunday is just a practice match where we will work on solid contacts. I am only doing 1 day of agility competition each weekend for this month. I want to make sure his back stays sound. I hope we can get some more q's this month, but the judges for these trials don't design courses for which we are well suited. In April and May we get to run under some of our favorite judges. I figure that the results from April and May will be a good indicator of whether Solo will ever get a MACH.

Colleen