The Zim Family Cocker Spaniel Forum

An Online Community Of Cocker Spaniel Lovers
Click here to go to the main Zim Family Cockers web site

All times are UTC - 8 hours


Forum rules


Please click here to view the forum rules



Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 50 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: titers
PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2011 7:33 pm 
Offline
I Rescued A Cocker!
 Profile

Joined: Sat Sep 11, 2010 11:23 am
Posts: 521
Location: Indiana
[quote="debbiefive"]I wasn't aware they offer 3 yr shots for anything but rabies. Is this something new?

Until last year when I needed to change vets, I didn't know there were any 3 yr vaccines other than rabies, either. But upon interviewing this vet, he informed me that he does indeed administer a 3yr. DHP. So I opted to do just that, and four weeks later returned to get their 3 yr. rabies. So far so good. I was very pleased to have been given this option. But, from here on out, besides the state mandated rabies, my boy's will be titered. My new vet has been wonderful and is very receptive to the titer idea, although it isn't his normal course of action. But I'm hoping I will help him find that titering is a much better and more logical way to go for our furbabies health. The only thing I do yearly now is their heartworm test.


Sandy.... back to my original question..... of the places you listed, do you know which ones issue # values? Thanks

:paw :hp :paw

_________________
Mum to 3 K9's
Sunny...3-7-05 Blk/White rescued Aussie
Lincoln...12-12-08...Blk rescue from Cherished Cockers
Quigley....5-6-09...Blk/White parti


Cocker Spaniels.......a work of he'art'!


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: titers
PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2011 8:06 pm 
Offline
Forum Legend
User avatar
 WWW  Profile

Joined: Sun Sep 12, 2010 1:22 pm
Posts: 1309
Location: NH
Brenda J C wrote:
debbiefive wrote:
Sandy.... back to my original question..... of the places you listed, do you know which ones issue # values? Thanks

:paw :hp :paw



All the ones I listed give numeric ratios:

Distemper 1:32 is considered good protective immunity. Callie was 1:1024.

Parvo 1:64 is considered good protective immunity. Callie was 1:4000.

A "titer" is a measurement of how much antibody to a certain virus (or other antigen) is circulating in the blood at that moment. Titers are usually expressed in a ratio, which is how many times they could dilute the blood until they couldn't find antibodies anymore. So let's say they could dilute it two times only and then they didn't find anymore, that would be a titer of 1:2. If they could dilute it a thousand times before they couldn't find any antibody, then that would be a titer of 1:1000.

A titer test does not and cannot measure immunity, because immunity to specific viruses is reliant not on antibodies, but on memory cells, which we have no way to measure. Memory cells are what prompt the immune system to create antibodies and dispatch them to an infection caused by the virus it "remembers." Memory cells don't need "reminders" in the form of re-vaccination to keep producing antibodies. (Science, 1999; "Immune system's memory does not need reminders.") If the animal recently encountered the virus, their level of antibody might be quite high, but that doesn't mean they are more immune than an animal with a lower titer.

_________________
Callie, Casey & Riley

My sweet angels gone but always in my heart:
Brady, Nicky, Ginger, Katie, Scooter, Fluffy and Fluffy


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: titers
PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2012 8:45 am 
Offline
I Rescued A Cocker!
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Mon Sep 20, 2010 7:50 am
Posts: 184
Just had titers come back just fine for parvo and distemper on both dogs (did the three-year rabies booster, but not the others this round). :joy I am so thankful for this forum -- would never have thought about titering instead of vaccine. Our vet said that in a dream world, everyone would do this for their pets. Thanks to everyone for sharing all this info; my dogs are healthier because of it! :hp

_________________
Proud mom to buff boy Reese and red girl Gaby.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: titers
PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2012 8:46 am 
Offline
Active Forum Member
User avatar
 WWW  Profile

Joined: Sat Sep 11, 2010 1:00 am
Posts: 130
Location: Spanaway, WA
Julie --

THANKS for the link!! I asked for titer estimates from our "lesser expensive" vet that we use. I can't find the printed estimate right off, but it was well over $400!! Sammy's vaccinations were "due", and I declined them.....then got the "eye roll" from the vet tech.

Terri

Julie Hydro wrote:
DotInFlorida wrote:
Perfect timing on this thread. I would like to jump in if I may.

Just the other day I spoke with my vet about titers and she wasn't what you would call happy about it, but did say she has a couple of pets that require titers. She warned me that they are VERY expensive compared to the shots. She had one of the vet techs call me back with the cost of titers - there were two. One titer was $160.00 and the other was $170.00 (plus office visit, etc.) I am wondering if everyone is paying those types of prices or if she jacked them up because she is old school and very PRO vaccine.


Yes titer are more expensive than vaccines. Yes I think your vet is jacking them up because she doesn't believe in them. I think I paid around 70 dollars from my vet and I live in a place with relatively high vet expenses. Dr Dodds https://labordatenbank.com/cake/hemopet ... mopet_form offers titers for 42 dollars for Parvo and Distemper. I would expect your vet to charge a blood draw fee and packaging fee, but that's nowhere near 330.00 dollars worth of work.

_________________
Terri
Mom to Sammy and numerous foster cockers
Waiting at The Rainbow Bridge: Shags, Jack, Scrutly, Frisco and Cooper
American Cocker Spaniel Rescue- www.acsrwa.org
There are only two kinds of dogs: 1) Cocker Spaniels, and 2) Those that wish they were!


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: titers
PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2012 5:34 pm 
Offline
Forum Legend
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Fri Sep 10, 2010 8:19 pm
Posts: 924
Terri wrote:
Julie --

THANKS for the link!! I asked for titer estimates from our "lesser expensive" vet that we use. I can't find the printed estimate right off, but it was well over $400!! Sammy's vaccinations were "due", and I declined them.....then got the "eye roll" from the vet tech.

Terri

Julie Hydro wrote:
DotInFlorida wrote:
Perfect timing on this thread. I would like to jump in if I may.

Just the other day I spoke with my vet about titers and she wasn't what you would call happy about it, but did say she has a couple of pets that require titers. She warned me that they are VERY expensive compared to the shots. She had one of the vet techs call me back with the cost of titers - there were two. One titer was $160.00 and the other was $170.00 (plus office visit, etc.) I am wondering if everyone is paying those types of prices or if she jacked them up because she is old school and very PRO vaccine.


Yes titer are more expensive than vaccines. Yes I think your vet is jacking them up because she doesn't believe in them. I think I paid around 70 dollars from my vet and I live in a place with relatively high vet expenses. Dr Dodds https://labordatenbank.com/cake/hemopet ... mopet_form offers titers for 42 dollars for Parvo and Distemper. I would expect your vet to charge a blood draw fee and packaging fee, but that's nowhere near 330.00 dollars worth of work.


Terri,
My vet down in Oregon will do both parvo + distemper for $80 and the rabies titer (the one that is needed to get a dog to Hawaii) for $150. It is a lot cheaper than the Seattle price. I remember paying $150-$200 for Louie's parvo and distemper titer in 2009 here.

Also, the same Oregon vet fixed Cherry's patella for less than $400 (I was quoted $2200 in Issaquah, WA, which only included deepening the groove).

Anyways, email me if you want to get it done down there.

_________________
Proud mom of 3 rescued American Cocker Spaniels:
Louie BN RA CGC R/W Parti 2/4/03-5/29/17
Heidi CD BN RA CGC Buff DOB: 3/31/06
Cherry UDX RE CGC R/W Parti DOB: 4/1/10


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: titers
PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2013 11:40 am 
Offline
Active Forum Member
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Tue Jun 14, 2011 9:46 am
Posts: 171
Location: Eaton Rapids, MI
I just took Buddy for his yearly checkup and told my vet I wanted him to do titers instead of vacines and he had not done this before but said he would look into it and get back with me. He did though suggest that I get the three year shots for Buddy just like I do for the rabies shot. I wish he had told me that before and I would have done that in the beginning. But he did say that once a dog gets to be
5 years old and that is what we believe Buddy to be he suggests that they get their shots only every three years as he feels that that is enough to keep up their emmunities. I was so happy to hear him say that also. So if the titer is over $300 my husband said we will go with the every 3 year shots. So his check up was on Monday and I am waiting for his call on the titers. I really trust him and he is a wonderful vet. I would suggest that everyone ask their vets if they offer the 3 year vacines for the
Parvo etc along with the 3 year rabie shots. They may be surprised to hear their vet does agree with that schedule. Kris


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: titers
PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2013 1:56 pm 
Offline
Forum Legend
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Sat Sep 11, 2010 7:34 am
Posts: 2883
Location: Central Colorado
Kris, I know a couple of people who titer their pets and after their puppy boosters, they have not had to have boosters, even at three years (other than rabies, which is required in many states). I would really suggest you ty the titers to see if the shots are necessary. I wish now that I had known about the titers when I had my cocker, as I would not have done the shots. There is no point in over-medicating if it is not necessary.

_________________
Halli Madison 8/17/93 - 2/11/2006
Missing my sweet girl with all my heart.


The day will come when people like me will view the murder of
an animal the same way they view that of a man today.
Leonardo da Vinci


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: titers
PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2013 10:17 am 
Offline
Forum Legend
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Sat Sep 11, 2010 3:49 am
Posts: 884
Location: near Daytona Beach, Florida
I just had Gromit titered for distemper and parvo yesterday. My vet is wonderful - the cost for the two titers was $58.00, she just charged me what the lab charges her (plus an office visit fee of 32.00). She said that as a result of my requesting the titers, she had to educate her staff on what titers are and why! She totally understands why, as a cocker owner, I want to have Gromit titered. She also complimented me on having the healthiest cocker she's ever seen. :th-up She said she believes it's because I was so proactive about having her allergy tested, and getting her on the right food based on the test results. No itchy, smelly skin, no digestive issues, and no ear problems ever (I think the Zim ear formula helps with the ears). So, except for a few extra pounds that Gromit needs to lose (she takes after me, lol), she's perfect. Gromit also had her eyes cerf tested a few weeks ago, and they're fine, too. I'll let you all know what her titer results are once I get them back.

_________________
Darra, devoted hu-mom to
Gromit (blk & tan, 5/7/09)
RonDaView's Cheese, Gromit! OAP, OJP, NAP, NJP, CGC


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: titers
PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2013 10:22 am 
Offline
Active Forum Member
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Tue Jun 14, 2011 9:46 am
Posts: 171
Location: Eaton Rapids, MI
I have decided for sure to get Buddy's titers done. I called his vet today and he said to bring him in any time to get his blood drawn. I need to take him in one week to get a recheck on an ear infection so I will take him then to get it done. My vet said he was happy I had decided to go that route and said he wishes that more of his people would do the titers. I am so thankful for this forum as if it were not for reading about them on this forum I would not have known anything about them. Thank you to everyone who wrote about them. Kris


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: titers
PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2013 4:23 pm 
Offline
Forum Legend
User avatar
 WWW  Profile

Joined: Sun Sep 12, 2010 1:22 pm
Posts: 1309
Location: NH
Kris
Earlier in this post I already did the legwork on what the various labs charge. I would suggest copying the info and having it in hand when you go to the vet, so if he says the titers will cost you $300, then show him the actual lab cost which is only $33, and ask why the huge markup. My friend in Leesburg, Florida recently titered her dog and the total charge was only $79.

My buff Riley is 4 and now due for his 3 yr shots. His appt is in a few weeks, and I will have him get rabies at that appt and have his blood drawn for his titer-if he needs a DHLPP booster then he can come back a month-6 weeks later and the vet tech can do it. I have done this with my other 2 at age 4, and no DHLPP needed for both, and I expect the same results for Riley. I now have them on a schedule, at ages 4, 7, 10, etc. Please post Buddy's titer results when you get them.

_________________
Callie, Casey & Riley

My sweet angels gone but always in my heart:
Brady, Nicky, Ginger, Katie, Scooter, Fluffy and Fluffy


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: titers
PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2013 12:20 pm 
Offline
Active Forum Member
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Tue Jun 14, 2011 9:46 am
Posts: 171
Location: Eaton Rapids, MI
I just got Buddy's titer blood work done and also had it done for Lepto and the total was $78.00. I
was really happy with the price. I thought it would be way more expensive. I am just waiting to hear
back from Buddy's doctor. He sent in the bloodwork to Michigan State University. I will post his levels when they come back. Kris


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: titers
PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2013 1:01 pm 
Offline
Forum Legend
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Sat Sep 11, 2010 3:49 am
Posts: 884
Location: near Daytona Beach, Florida
I got the results back from Gromit's titers. It was processed by a lab called Antech Diagnostics. The report doesn't give specific numbers; rather, it just says that for both Parvo and for Distemper the titers were greater than 1:5, which indicates immunologic response to vaccination. So no additional vaccines needed at this time - I'm so glad I heard about titers from this forum! :Clap :Clap

_________________
Darra, devoted hu-mom to
Gromit (blk & tan, 5/7/09)
RonDaView's Cheese, Gromit! OAP, OJP, NAP, NJP, CGC


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: titers
PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2013 5:43 pm 
Offline
Forum Legend
User avatar
 WWW  Profile

Joined: Sun Sep 12, 2010 1:22 pm
Posts: 1309
Location: NH
I just got Rileys titer results back, we sent them to Antech also, seems my vet changed from Idexx to Antech(Dr Dodds sends her stuff to Antech, so it must be good!), and doesn't use Michigan anymore since they switched. Rileys results were the same as yours, Darra, above 1:5 ratio.

For those that get titers, I highly suggest getting a copy of the results for your dog's file, keep it with the rabies certificate and other paperwork, you may need it if you have to visit a 24 hr ER vet, day care, grooming salon, etc.

_________________
Callie, Casey & Riley

My sweet angels gone but always in my heart:
Brady, Nicky, Ginger, Katie, Scooter, Fluffy and Fluffy


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: titers
PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2013 8:31 am 
Offline
Active Forum Member
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Tue Jun 14, 2011 9:46 am
Posts: 171
Location: Eaton Rapids, MI
I forgot to post this but Buddy's titers were fine. No vacines for him! YEA!!!!!


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: titers
PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 5:18 pm 
Offline
Forum Legend
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Thu Jun 07, 2012 12:40 pm
Posts: 1460
Just got Oliver's readings back it took a week shipped off to Sacramento, Monday to Monday, Canine Distemper-Adenovirus 512, Type 2-Parvovirus Vaccine 8,000. The cost over 190.00 could be life time with those high reading as the last shots were three years ago.


Attachments:
P1000172.JPG
P1000172.JPG [ 118.08 KiB | Viewed 4104 times ]
Top
 
 Post subject: Re: titers
PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2014 8:18 pm 
Offline
Forum Legend
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Fri Sep 10, 2010 7:58 pm
Posts: 1661
Location: Pleasant Hill, CA
So, 2 years later, different vet, had titers done for Cricket- same result as before: "crazy high" immunity to both parvo and distemper. So she's good for 3 years. However, vet said since she is at least 7.6 years old now and maybe older (rescued, so we don't know for sure) she's good forever! No more shots, no titers even! Only the rabies vaccine that is required by law, and she gets a 3-year rabies.

I was really pleased to have this discussion; vet complimented me on a "wise decision" to have the titers done, then today when he reported the results to me, he was even more congratulatory. I was just not taking any chances on triggering a bad autoimmune reaction!

_________________
Chris
Mom to
Cricket, home 1-29-2012 - 3-29-2017, 5 yrs, 2 mo of Love
Sophie, 10-22-2015, home 9/19/15-
---------------------------------------
Maggie Mae: home 9/1/2014 - 3/31/2015, 7 mo of Love
Feather: 3/23/1994 - 11/17/2011, 17 yrs, 8 mo of Love


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: titers
PostPosted: Wed Jan 29, 2014 9:53 am 
Offline
Forum Legend
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Sat Sep 11, 2010 3:49 am
Posts: 884
Location: near Daytona Beach, Florida
DotInFlorida wrote:
Perfect timing on this thread. I would like to jump in if I may.

Just the other day I spoke with my vet about titers and she wasn't what you would call happy about it, but did say she has a couple of pets that require titers. She warned me that they are VERY expensive compared to the shots. She had one of the vet techs call me back with the cost of titers - there were two. One titer was $160.00 and the other was $170.00 (plus office visit, etc.) I am wondering if everyone is paying those types of prices or if she jacked them up because she is old school and very PRO vaccine.



Absolutely NOT
I had Gromit titered last May for both distemper and parvo. The cost for the two titers was only $58.00, she just charged me what the lab charges her (plus an office visit fee of 32.00).

_________________
Darra, devoted hu-mom to
Gromit (blk & tan, 5/7/09)
RonDaView's Cheese, Gromit! OAP, OJP, NAP, NJP, CGC


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: titers
PostPosted: Wed Jan 29, 2014 8:47 pm 
Offline
Forum Legend
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Sun Sep 12, 2010 8:10 pm
Posts: 6638
It was expensive for me, but I KNEW it would come back good so I wasn't worried. I would insist on titers and if your vaccines (serum) were good, the results should show vaccinations are not needed.

_________________
Abby (B&W) 3/25/09
Ava (B&T) 3/25/09


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: titers
PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2016 5:50 am 
Offline
Forum Legend
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Sat Apr 23, 2011 2:35 pm
Posts: 1191
Not sure if this was mentioned before, But tractor supply has a vet clinic (near me on sundays) that offers low cost vaccines, heartworm prevention and titer for PArvo/distemper. Cost online is $65. Zoey isn't due for her titer till next year, but in case any one was looking .webite is petvet.vippetcare.com
Becky

_________________
Zoey parti-color DOB 2/20/2009 my first dog
Deuce the maine coon cat
Flash the ragdoll cat
Riley and Grayson my "skin kids"
Princess Bambi the bunny
Sam and Carly the hermit crabs


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: titers
PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2016 1:03 pm 
Offline
Forum Legend
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Fri Sep 10, 2010 8:58 pm
Posts: 2529
Location: Hayward Hills, Ca.
beckyboo wrote:
Not sure if this was mentioned before, But tractor supply has a vet clinic (near me on sundays) that offers low cost vaccines, heartworm prevention and titer for PArvo/distemper. Cost online is $65. Zoey isn't due for her titer till next year, but in case any one was looking .webite is petvet.vippetcare.com
Becky


A few words of caution when it comes to vaccinations. My personal experience is that giving all or most vaccinations at one event can be asking for trouble.

Most of our Zim Forum Family Members will remember our Moonbeam and the sad story about how we lost her to IMHA. Of course I can not be positive, but Moonbeam contracted IMHA at three months after we took her to Pet Club for her vaccinations. Given all in one "shot" and now we had lost Moonbeam just after she turned 11 years old.

I took her to Vet appointments almost daily initially and after six months of treatment, she overcame the IMHA. But IMHA is known to cause secondary ailments. So, we were faced with terminal cancer which started as (what appeared to be) an infection in her ear.

That was a terrible year. :cry The treatments cost us approximately $10,000.00 as we did not heve pet insurance at that time. :hp

Dawn :paw

_________________
JOINED ZIM FORUM 5/15/08~4:15pm
Chloie Pearl~Babybutt~Tri~2/16/08
Muraco Misun~Red/Wht~4/13/11
Moonbeam~Ms.Moonlight~Buff~7/24/00~8/14/11
Persalina~Big Bright Eyes~Buff~10/92~5/12/08
Willamina~1981/1996

JUSTICE FOR OREO: http://www.justice4oreo.net/


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: titers
PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2016 4:03 pm 
Offline
Forum Legend
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Sat Apr 23, 2011 2:35 pm
Posts: 1191
dawn & kevin wrote:
beckyboo wrote:
Not sure if this was mentioned before, But tractor supply has a vet clinic (near me on sundays) that offers low cost vaccines, heartworm prevention and titer for PArvo/distemper. Cost online is $65. Zoey isn't due for her titer till next year, but in case any one was looking .webite is petvet.vippetcare.com
Becky


A few words of caution when it comes to vaccinations. My personal experience is that giving all or most vaccinations at one event can be asking for trouble.

Most of our Zim Forum Family Members will remember our Moonbeam and the sad story about how we lost her to IMHA. Of course I can not be positive, but Moonbeam contracted IMHA at three months after we took her to Pet Club for her vaccinations. Given all in one "shot" and now we had lost Moonbeam just after she turned 11 years old.

I took her to Vet appointments almost daily initially and after six months of treatment, she overcame the IMHA. But IMHA is known to cause secondary ailments. So, we were faced with terminal cancer which started as (what appeared to be) an infection in her ear.

That was a terrible year. :cry The treatments cost us approximately $10,000.00 as we did not heve pet insurance at that time. :hp

Dawn :paw

Sorry Dawn I meant that the titer is $65. Zoey only gets rabies shots. I have her titered for parvo and distemper. But some people here saying how much their own vet charged for it. I have not used this service but just in case someone wanted to titer but was put off by the higher cost and also possibly having to vaccinate anyways.

_________________
Zoey parti-color DOB 2/20/2009 my first dog
Deuce the maine coon cat
Flash the ragdoll cat
Riley and Grayson my "skin kids"
Princess Bambi the bunny
Sam and Carly the hermit crabs


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: titers
PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2016 4:17 pm 
Offline
Forum Legend
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Fri Sep 10, 2010 8:58 pm
Posts: 2529
Location: Hayward Hills, Ca.
beckyboo wrote:
dawn & kevin wrote:
beckyboo wrote:
Not sure if this was mentioned before, But tractor supply has a vet clinic (near me on sundays) that offers low cost vaccines, heartworm prevention and titer for PArvo/distemper. Cost online is $65. Zoey isn't due for her titer till next year, but in case any one was looking .webite is petvet.vippetcare.com
Becky


A few words of caution when it comes to vaccinations. My personal experience is that giving all or most vaccinations at one event can be asking for trouble.

Most of our Zim Forum Family Members will remember our Moonbeam and the sad story about how we lost her to IMHA. Of course I can not be positive, but Moonbeam contracted IMHA at three months after we took her to Pet Club for her vaccinations. Given all in one "shot" and now we had lost Moonbeam just after she turned 11 years old.

I took her to Vet appointments almost daily initially and after six months of treatment, she overcame the IMHA. But IMHA is known to cause secondary ailments. So, we were faced with terminal cancer which started as (what appeared to be) an infection in her ear.

That was a terrible year. :cry The treatments cost us approximately $10,000.00 as we did not heve pet insurance at that time. :hp

Dawn :paw

Sorry Dawn I meant that the titer is $65. Zoey only gets rabies shots. I have her titered for parvo and distemper. But some people here saying how much their own vet charged for it. I have not used this service but just in case someone wanted to titer but was put off by the higher cost and also possibly having to vaccinate anyways.


:th-up Sorry, when I hear anything about vaccinations, sadly I drift back to our Moonbeam. A heartbreaking experience.

We do Titer tests as well. No need for vaccinations if the Titer values are high enough.

_________________
JOINED ZIM FORUM 5/15/08~4:15pm
Chloie Pearl~Babybutt~Tri~2/16/08
Muraco Misun~Red/Wht~4/13/11
Moonbeam~Ms.Moonlight~Buff~7/24/00~8/14/11
Persalina~Big Bright Eyes~Buff~10/92~5/12/08
Willamina~1981/1996

JUSTICE FOR OREO: http://www.justice4oreo.net/


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: titers
PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2016 7:32 am 
Offline
Active Forum Member
 Profile

Joined: Wed Dec 02, 2015 4:10 am
Posts: 73
Congratulations to her.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: titers
PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2017 1:23 pm 
Offline
Active Forum Member
User avatar
 WWW  Profile

Joined: Mon Sep 13, 2010 7:02 am
Posts: 330
Location: London, UK
My 13-year old saluki has recently had titres for the core diseases. He has enough antibodies for all of them, and that's 11 years after his last vaccinations.

_________________
BSc, Canine Behaviour and Training, APDT UK & Pet Professional Guild

Mum to Flash (Saluki), Jesse (American Cocker Spaniel), Skye (English Cocker Spaniel) and Blake (Saluki Lurcher). RIP Troy and Dylan!


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: titers
PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2017 5:10 pm 
Offline
Forum Legend
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Sat Sep 11, 2010 3:49 am
Posts: 884
Location: near Daytona Beach, Florida
Vera wrote:
My 13-year old saluki has recently had titres for the core diseases. He has enough antibodies for all of them, and that's 11 years after his last vaccinations.


That is really great news! I'm hoping Gromit can continue to be vaccine-free, too (except for the rabies, required by law).

_________________
Darra, devoted hu-mom to
Gromit (blk & tan, 5/7/09)
RonDaView's Cheese, Gromit! OAP, OJP, NAP, NJP, CGC


Top
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 50 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

All times are UTC - 8 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron




Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group  
This forum is owned and operated by:  Jim Zimmerlin  
Donations to help pay for our web server costs can be made here