An Online Community Of Cocker Spaniel Lovers
Click here to go to the main Zim Family Cockers web site

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Forum rules

Please click here to view the forum rules

Post subject: I met up with another cocker owner, the dog is 12 CUSHING
PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2017 12:55 pm 
Forum Legend

She kind of knew what we were going through with Oliver sense last September. Her Vet thinks the blood work shows CUSHINGS. She doesn't know what all test were being done except the blood work. I said the only thing I really would do is getting the ultrasound to check the health of her major organs.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s_Dkdkdroxc

Her black cocker was so nice years ago, she would stop walking, wanting to meet my cocker. The tails would go full cocker dance, and she would leave a gift for Oliver. She finally out grew that, today she needs to be bribed to go out to walk at the park.

Joe

Post subject: Re: I met up with another cocker owner, the dog is 12 CUSHIN
PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2017 10:38 am 
Active Forum Member

Yep, thats old age for ya, the only time my dog wants to go for a walk is if there is a chance of dinning out at the end. It's not fair on the younger 1, missing out on the walks and weekends away in the lake district. It's weird how the other cocker has never even been to the vets in 5 years of owning her, apart from the spaying (my bad), I will never get a dog fixed (should be called broken) ever again. That said the older cocker has so many issues, no vet ever sorted any of them, just feel like it's a waste of time, he's still going strong on home remedies and real food.

Post subject: Re: I met up with another cocker owner, the dog is 12 CUSHIN
PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2017 2:15 pm 
Forum Legend

We have left our home early trying to see or hear the news about the cocker, I do know most Vets don't have an ultrasound machines at the office. There's a woman that travels around as the tester. It seems that where we go Thursday or every other Thursday she shows up at the Vet the one we go to. My guess it's to soon, but the owner is 90 years old. I hope the ultrasound shows the condition of her organs.

At one time her husband had a buff cocker like my cocker it die about the age of 12 also. I only met him once out on our walks.

I hope everything is good for Molly the Black cocker. The age of 12 is at the limits of their life span.

Joe