The Zim Family Cocker Spaniel Forum

An Online Community Of Cocker Spaniel Lovers
Click here to go to the main Zim Family Cockers web site

All times are UTC - 8 hours


Forum rules


Please click here to view the forum rules



Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 19 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: Any way to stop my cocker spaniel from chewing his tail?
PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2016 6:04 pm 
Offline
Active Forum Member
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Wed Feb 17, 2016 7:50 am
Posts: 178
Ruger's tail is docked and he has chewed it so there is a little bald spot. Anyone else have this problem and what can be done about it?


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Any way to stop my cocker spaniel from chewing his tail?
PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2016 8:04 pm 
Offline
Active Forum Member
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Fri Jul 11, 2014 9:49 pm
Posts: 347
Location: Washington State
Hmmm... I found myself trying to answer this but kept coming up with more questions instead!

Is he chewing the base, the tip or somewhere in between?

Have you checked for a physical reason for the chewing, such as fleas, a tick, dermatitis, allergies, a hot spot, or those dreaded fuzzy green seeds etc?

What else is going on when he does it? Could it be pacifier behaviour that he does when he is scared or nervous?

Does he seem to enjoy it or is he really going at something?

If you can identify a cause or a pattern to the behaviour, I'll be you will get some great advice on how to change it.

_________________
Susan

Mom to Jennie, born 4/24/2014, Gotcha Day 6/20/2014
Gone, but not forgotten: Honey, Punkin, Lady, Dusty and Chief


"If there are no dogs in heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." Will Rogers


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Any way to stop my cocker spaniel from chewing his tail?
PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2016 11:59 pm 
Offline
Active Forum Member
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Tue Nov 26, 2013 9:22 am
Posts: 340
I notice that Bunk chews his backside when he needs to have his anal glands expressed.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Any way to stop my cocker spaniel from chewing his tail?
PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2016 7:02 am 
Offline
Active Forum Member
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Wed Feb 17, 2016 7:50 am
Posts: 178
Thanks for your responses. He is chewing close to the tip of his tail, top side. I can tell when he needs his anal glands expressed because he drags his butt on the floor. Would that also make him chew his tail? I have never done this to him myself, I take him to the groomer. Is it something most people do themselves?

He's generally always a happy boy, only gets defensive and barks if we are out and about and someone gives off a bad vibe. He's very protective of me. He does the chewing at home and doesn't seem anxious or stressed. He often bites and chews at himself, moreso recently and I'm not sure why.

There is more to his issue than tail chewing. The tail chewing has been going on awhile. My new issue is little bumps almost like little pimples and hot spots. Something is making him itch/scratch and lick. He on NexGuard for fleas and ticks. I haven't noticed any fleas. He doesn't spend time outside unsupervised, always on a leash so he's not getting into ants or anything else that may bite him.

He's on a grain-free diet and gets goat milk, fish oil and Nupro glucosamine supplement which has done wonders for his knees. He's been on those for awhile. Gets scrambled eggs on the weekends. Some newer additions to his diet include raw baby carrots which the dogs seem to love. And organic strawberries occasionally.

His coat looks great but something is going on with his skin. This happened to our other dog, not a cocker spaniel. The vet prescribed an antibiotic which did squat. So then someone recommended Zymox which was a miracle. I've been using that on Ruger which had done wonders for the groin area where he was really licking. But now I'm finding the little bumps on his back and areas he can't reach so I'm treating those areas now.

Maybe I should start a new post asking about the bumps. I don't know if it's the summer heat or an allergy or what. I want to get to the root of the problem though.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Any way to stop my cocker spaniel from chewing his tail?
PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2016 7:19 am 
Offline
Forum Legend
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Sun Mar 22, 2015 11:18 am
Posts: 520
Hi Melissa,

I think groomers mess with the glands too much - everytime they are groomed, they try to express them externally. It only needs to be done when the dog is having problems. I used to take Cici to the vet for it, but I have learned how to do it (internally) myself when she is not able to express them herself. Gross, yes, but making an appointment is also more time consuming. Sometimes the skin is just itchy or dirty back there and the glands are not full. Besides making sure she is clean, I have used Wham anti-itch spray on her butt and it works.

Just a few days ago, she was scooting multiple times a day and I checked her glands; it was just the case of an itchy butt, so I sprayed it a few times and she stopped.

Also check between his paws - humidity and moisture (wet paws when it rains) can cause irritation. It did for Cici. I used the spray and and nusentia probiotics over time and she does not chew her paws anymore. She used to be an itchy dog. Coconut oil in food is also good.

I dry her paws when she comes in from the rain. Just a few things over time will hopefully help stop the itchiness, but it does take some time.

Please read this post. Any skin issues need to be treated from the inside and the outside.

https://www.zimfamilycockers.com/Forums ... st#p138178

https://www.amazon.com/Natures-Specialt ... B005IGQL3G

You could try this shampoo -https://www.amazon.com/Natures-Specialties-Relief-Shampoo-32-Ounce/dp/B00AO3NX34/ref=pd_bxgy_199_img_2?ie=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=Z2NDESQVH0V98EG7347B

https://www.amazon.com/Pet-Probiotics-1 ... V98EG7347B

_________________
Bear Mama to
Cici - 8 years old (Gotcha Dec 14, 2013)
Raleigh, North Carolina


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Any way to stop my cocker spaniel from chewing his tail?
PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2016 7:50 am 
Offline
Forum Legend
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Sat Sep 11, 2010 7:34 am
Posts: 2887
Location: Central Colorado
I agree with Anuja, sometimes the groomers don't express the glands properly and only irritate the glands more. I would have the vet express the glands and/or show you how to do it properly. Full glands can be painful, so scooting and chewing are possible, but it kind of sounds like there is some other kind of irritation going on with the nubbie. I also wouldn't try too many products to make the itching better, as they might just irritate or infect the area more. It might be time for a vet visit, especially if it is a hot spot.

_________________
Halli Madison 8/17/93 - 2/11/2006
Missing my sweet girl with all my heart.


The day will come when people like me will view the murder of
an animal the same way they view that of a man today.
Leonardo da Vinci


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Any way to stop my cocker spaniel from chewing his tail?
PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2016 9:37 am 
Offline
Active Forum Member
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Wed Feb 17, 2016 7:50 am
Posts: 178
Thank you Anuja and Terry. I am about to head outside and do some yard work but was anxious to see if anyone had replied. i skimmed the links and info you provided and will look into it more this evening.

Just to provide more info, Ruger eats the grain-free varieties from Fromm. He has goat milk in the morning for probiotics. The Nupro in the evening is supposed to be good for the immune system too. Healthy grain free treats.

Yeast has crossed my mind. He doesn't seem to lick his paws as much as bite on his legs or behind. I wipe his feet off with a towel when we come in from outside, but maybe that's not good enough. Also, if the grass is wet, I wipe his feet but they don't dry thoroughly. They remain moist and air dry Should I blow dry them? As I said, he doesn't really mess with his feet, but if there's stuff on his feet and then he scratches himself that probably doesn't help.

Ok I could go on but I really need to get some work done so I can enjoy some of the holiday. Always things to do. Will check back later. Thanks again and happy 4th of July!


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Any way to stop my cocker spaniel from chewing his tail?
PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2016 10:33 am 
Offline
Active Forum Member
 Profile

Joined: Thu May 14, 2015 6:19 pm
Posts: 57
Nupro supplements caused some of my dogs to be itchy cant remember if it was flax or brewer's yeast that it contained that was the problem. I've had dogs react badly to both.

I think, if it were me, I would give the appropriate dose of benadryl for 3-5 days and see if that had any effect. This way, you might be able to figure out if he's chewing b/c its fun, or because it itches. If he's chewing b/c he's itchy, then you need to solve the skin issue first. IF he's chewing because he likes having it in his mouth and in turn causing skin issues, then you can try giving him something else to chew.

Some dogs can become obsessive about flank sucking or foot chewing so chewing on a tail would not surprise me. Princess will sometimes chew on a back paw. its pretty funny to watch her with her whole foot in her mouth knaweing on it. Replacing the foot with a bone usually works well.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Any way to stop my cocker spaniel from chewing his tail?
PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2016 1:44 pm 
Offline
Active Forum Member
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Wed Feb 17, 2016 7:50 am
Posts: 178
Cockers4ever wrote:
Nupro supplements caused some of my dogs to be itchy cant remember if it was flax or brewer's yeast that it contained that was the problem. I've had dogs react badly to both.

I think, if it were me, I would give the appropriate dose of benadryl for 3-5 days and see if that had any effect. This way, you might be able to figure out if he's chewing b/c its fun, or because it itches. If he's chewing b/c he's itchy, then you need to solve the skin issue first. IF he's chewing because he likes having it in his mouth and in turn causing skin issues, then you can try giving him something else to chew.

Some dogs can become obsessive about flank sucking or foot chewing so chewing on a tail would not surprise me. Princess will sometimes chew on a back paw. its pretty funny to watch her with her whole foot in her mouth knaweing on it. Replacing the foot with a bone usually works well.


Oh no. I hope it's not the Nupro. That has done wonders for his knee issues. I guess I could try to see if that's the culprit by stopping it for awhile. Would a week be enough? I also wonder about him being allergic to various protein sources.

He does have other things to chew on so I'm thinking he's chewing because he itches. But I will take your suggestions into consideration. Hate to see him scratching and want to remedy it. Thanks so much for the advice!


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Any way to stop my cocker spaniel from chewing his tail?
PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2016 5:55 am 
Offline
Active Forum Member
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Wed Feb 17, 2016 7:50 am
Posts: 178
Well, I finally took Ruger to the vet. The issue with his itching/scabbing was just getting out of hand. The final kicker was when my husband saw him dragging his butt on the gravel, and then he was dragging his butt almost in figure 8s on the wool area rug. Ouch! His anal area was red and puffy and I just didn't know what else to do.

The vet checked his anal glands, they weren't that bad, so maybe his rear was just really itchy and then he aggravated it more by scratching it. She prescribed antibiotics for a week and hydroxyzine (antihistamine) and an expensive bottle of medicated shampoo. I hope to get this under control. Am thinking about doing the nutrascan test, but in the meantime want to give him the Nusentia Probiotics Cici recommended (I think in another thread).

Cici (or anyone else that can advise) - I give Ruger Primal Pet Foods Goat's Milk on his morning meal:
http://www.primalpetfoods.com/product/detail/c/16/id/66
and Nupro for joints on his evening meal with warm water to make a gravy:
http://www.nuprosupplements.com/nupro-dog-supplement-with-joint-support.html
Both of those products have some probiotics. I would like to keep using those products (the vet doesn't think the Nupro is an issue with whatever is bothering him).
Should I be ok adding the Nusentia Probiotic Miracle to his diet as well. Is there such a thing as too many probiotics?
Have you ever tried the Enzyme Miracle?
Want to place an order soon as I want to get him on probiotics to undue the damage from the antibiotics.

Also, is it ok to use the Wham spray on an irritated area like his butt or will it sting?

DH spoiled his dogs by giving them table food. When we got Ruger, we tried to minimize that but he still gets some things (DH gives them bits of his bacon on weekends). I'm going to cut that out and see if that helps too. They also get scrambled eggs on the weekend. Any thoughts on that?

Any advice is much appreciated. Thanks!


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Any way to stop my cocker spaniel from chewing his tail?
PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2016 8:45 am 
Offline
Forum Legend
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Thu Jun 07, 2012 12:40 pm
Posts: 1465
Try the omega's threes and omegas six oils. Start with coconut oil.

http://www.peteducation.com/article.cfm?aid=666

Joe


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Any way to stop my cocker spaniel from chewing his tail?
PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2016 11:01 am 
Offline
Active Forum Member
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Wed Feb 17, 2016 7:50 am
Posts: 178
Joe in North Bay Ca wrote:
Try the omega's threes and omegas six oils. Start with coconut oil.

http://www.peteducation.com/article.cfm?aid=666

Joe


Thanks so much for the link Joe. I had been giving Ruger the grizzly wild salmon oil or the pollock oil from Grizzly Pet Products:

http://www.grizzlypetproducts.com/omega-3-support/

Yesterday I placed an order from Nusentia for their Probiotic Miracle, Dermix, and Celavin (Omega 3s).

http://nusentia.com/discount-pet-supplements/dog-allergy-treatment.html

He gets coconut oil every evening before bed. I put it on my cuticles at night then put a blob on the back of my hand for him to lick off. He loves it and looks forward to it each time, practically knocks me over when he sees me get the jar out. How much should he be getting?


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Any way to stop my cocker spaniel from chewing his tail?
PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2016 11:43 am 
Offline
Forum Legend
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Sun Mar 22, 2015 11:18 am
Posts: 520
morewineplease wrote:
Well, I finally took Ruger to the vet. The issue with his itching/scabbing was just getting out of hand. The final kicker was when my husband saw him dragging his butt on the gravel, and then he was dragging his butt almost in figure 8s on the wool area rug. Ouch! His anal area was red and puffy and I just didn't know what else to do.

The vet checked his anal glands, they weren't that bad, so maybe his rear was just really itchy and then he aggravated it more by scratching it. She prescribed antibiotics for a week and hydroxyzine (antihistamine) and an expensive bottle of medicated shampoo. I hope to get this under control. Am thinking about doing the nutrascan test, but in the meantime want to give him the Nusentia Probiotics Cici recommended (I think in another thread).

Cici (or anyone else that can advise) - I give Ruger Primal Pet Foods Goat's Milk on his morning meal:
http://www.primalpetfoods.com/product/detail/c/16/id/66
and Nupro for joints on his evening meal with warm water to make a gravy:
http://www.nuprosupplements.com/nupro-dog-supplement-with-joint-support.html
Both of those products have some probiotics. I would like to keep using those products (the vet doesn't think the Nupro is an issue with whatever is bothering him).
Should I be ok adding the Nusentia Probiotic Miracle to his diet as well. Is there such a thing as too many probiotics?
Have you ever tried the Enzyme Miracle?
Want to place an order soon as I want to get him on probiotics to undue the damage from the antibiotics.

Also, is it ok to use the Wham spray on an irritated area like his butt or will it sting?

DH spoiled his dogs by giving them table food. When we got Ruger, we tried to minimize that but he still gets some things (DH gives them bits of his bacon on weekends). I'm going to cut that out and see if that helps too. They also get scrambled eggs on the weekend. Any thoughts on that?

Any advice is much appreciated. Thanks!



Hi Melissa - I think you are right. Cici also scoots on gravel and it's terrible. He has aggravated it and I think you have to follow the treatment to eliminate the infection and irritation he has caused by doing so. I do spray wham on cici's butt to stop any itchiness as we noted before - it's not always the glands. I also try to check her occasionally and make sure she is clean and not hairy back there. Her vet had this tiny -thumb size set of clippers to shave a tiny spot on her once (unrelated), but maybe you could look for one of those for home use. Since you don't do grooming at home, buying an expensive set of grooming clippers is not practical. Or maybe something like this for fast touch ups at home:

https://www.chewy.com/andis-easyclip-po ... gQod85oPTg

I say this because Cici's hair grows crazy fast and around her anal area, it can cause a bit of a mess. So I make sure the area is short and clean.

Coconut oil in diet is great. You could apply it to his butt when he is itchy and WHAM to stop itchiness.

What food do you give him? I don't use Nupro and I don't think it should be an issue, but you could use glucosamine for joints as well. The Nupro is rich in vitamins and if you have some time, you could buy organs from the butcher (I do for really cheap and I buy a lot, throw it in the crock pot with a cooking spoon of coconut oil) and freeze it. Organs like chicken liver are very rich so it is like a supplement, not the whole meal. Cici would have a major case of diarrhea if she are only liver for her meal. :HoHo

Nutriscan might help you figure out if he has any sensitivities - they test 24 foods.

_________________
Bear Mama to
Cici - 8 years old (Gotcha Dec 14, 2013)
Raleigh, North Carolina


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Any way to stop my cocker spaniel from chewing his tail?
PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2016 11:47 am 
Offline
Forum Legend
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Sun Mar 22, 2015 11:18 am
Posts: 520
Also, you may ask about using Duoxo medicated wipes anytime he does such damage by chewing or scooting. I keep them on hand.

_________________
Bear Mama to
Cici - 8 years old (Gotcha Dec 14, 2013)
Raleigh, North Carolina


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Any way to stop my cocker spaniel from chewing his tail?
PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2016 12:40 pm 
Offline
Active Forum Member
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Wed Feb 17, 2016 7:50 am
Posts: 178
Cici wrote:
morewineplease wrote:
Well, I finally took Ruger to the vet. The issue with his itching/scabbing was just getting out of hand. The final kicker was when my husband saw him dragging his butt on the gravel, and then he was dragging his butt almost in figure 8s on the wool area rug. Ouch! His anal area was red and puffy and I just didn't know what else to do.

The vet checked his anal glands, they weren't that bad, so maybe his rear was just really itchy and then he aggravated it more by scratching it. She prescribed antibiotics for a week and hydroxyzine (antihistamine) and an expensive bottle of medicated shampoo. I hope to get this under control. Am thinking about doing the nutrascan test, but in the meantime want to give him the Nusentia Probiotics Cici recommended (I think in another thread).

Cici (or anyone else that can advise) - I give Ruger Primal Pet Foods Goat's Milk on his morning meal:
http://www.primalpetfoods.com/product/detail/c/16/id/66
and Nupro for joints on his evening meal with warm water to make a gravy:
http://www.nuprosupplements.com/nupro-dog-supplement-with-joint-support.html
Both of those products have some probiotics. I would like to keep using those products (the vet doesn't think the Nupro is an issue with whatever is bothering him).
Should I be ok adding the Nusentia Probiotic Miracle to his diet as well. Is there such a thing as too many probiotics?
Have you ever tried the Enzyme Miracle?
Want to place an order soon as I want to get him on probiotics to undue the damage from the antibiotics.

Also, is it ok to use the Wham spray on an irritated area like his butt or will it sting?

DH spoiled his dogs by giving them table food. When we got Ruger, we tried to minimize that but he still gets some things (DH gives them bits of his bacon on weekends). I'm going to cut that out and see if that helps too. They also get scrambled eggs on the weekend. Any thoughts on that?

Any advice is much appreciated. Thanks!



Hi Melissa - I think you are right. Cici also scoots on gravel and it's terrible. He has aggravated it and I think you have to follow the treatment to eliminate the infection and irritation he has caused by doing so. I do spray wham on cici's butt to stop any itchiness as we noted before - it's not always the glands. I also try to check her occasionally and make sure she is clean and not hairy back there. Her vet had this tiny -thumb size set of clippers to shave a tiny spot on her once (unrelated), but maybe you could look for one of those for home use. Since you don't do grooming at home, buying an expensive set of grooming clippers is not practical. Or maybe something like this for fast touch ups at home:

https://www.chewy.com/andis-easyclip-po ... gQod85oPTg

I say this because Cici's hair grows crazy fast and around her anal area, it can cause a bit of a mess. So I make sure the area is short and clean.

Coconut oil in diet is great. You could apply it to his butt when he is itchy and WHAM to stop itchiness.

What food do you give him? I don't use Nupro and I don't think it should be an issue, but you could use glucosamine for joints as well. The Nupro is rich in vitamins and if you have some time, you could buy organs from the butcher (I do for really cheap and I buy a lot, throw it in the crock pot with a cooking spoon of coconut oil) and freeze it. Organs like chicken liver are very rich so it is like a supplement, not the whole meal. Cici would have a major case of diarrhea if she are only liver for her meal. :HoHo

Nutriscan might help you figure out if he has any sensitivities - they test 24 foods.


Hi Anuja!

Thanks as always for the recommendations and advice. While Ruger is looking rather hairy all over and is need of a good grooming (I'm trying to wait until his skin clears up before taking him), his anal area really isn't overgrown. Or maybe all his scooting has kept it that way, lol. But, a good pair of little clippers as you suggested wouldn't be a bad idea.

I bet coconut oil on his behind would be soothing. Want to try the Wham too, just didn't know if the tea tree oil would sting if his butt is irritated.

The Nupro I give him is the joint formula that has Glucosamine in it. It his helped his knee issues tremendously which is why I don't want to stop using it, although I know there are other forms of Glucosamine I could give him if the Nupro turned out to be problematic. I do like that the Nupro has lots of good ingredients. At least it has desiccated liver in it until I am able to try your crock pot method. Things have been crazy lately, but I like that idea of using organ meats.

I feed the dogs Fromm grain-free dry food and rotate the flavor each time I buy a bag. But I would like to do the Nutrascan test to see if there are certain ingredients to avoid. He was getting Grizzly Pet Products Salmon Oil (as I mentioned above to Joe) and last time bought the Pollock Oil (it is suggested to rotate them). I wonder if the Pollock Oil irritated him.

Anyway, I am anxious for his skin to clear up, don't want him to be miserable. And I'm hoping that the Nusentia probiotics help. Although he gets some probiotics in the Primal Pet Foods goat's milk and Nupro, I like what I read about the Nusentia formula. As I mentioned to Joe, I also got the Dermix skin formula and Celavin omega formula. Since I was ordering direct from Nusentia, I thought it might be worth a shot. I am a little hesitant about giving him too many new things though...will probably just start with the probiotics, then add one product at at time to see how reacts.

Do you still give Cici probiotics? If so and if you feed her more than once a day, do you give them to her at each meal or just one of them?


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Any way to stop my cocker spaniel from chewing his tail?
PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2016 12:44 pm 
Offline
Forum Legend
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Sun Mar 22, 2015 11:18 am
Posts: 520
hey - I give Cici the nusentia probiotic as recommended for her weight. only one scoop in the morning meal. It's not harmful if I give more - don't think, but I don't really need to either. Ruger is in good hands :wnk

for feeding - whatever you find is best for your dogs and your budget, it's a good idea to do some food rotation, but start slowly if they are eating the same food. there is a helpful video here:

http://www.petmd.com/dog/nutrition/evr_ ... _for_dogs#

I did it gradually - introducing new foods and now rotating them now everyday.

_________________
Bear Mama to
Cici - 8 years old (Gotcha Dec 14, 2013)
Raleigh, North Carolina


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Any way to stop my cocker spaniel from chewing his tail?
PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2016 1:29 pm 
Offline
Active Forum Member
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Wed Feb 17, 2016 7:50 am
Posts: 178
Cici wrote:
hey - I give Cici the nusentia probiotic as recommended for her weight. only one scoop in the morning meal. It's not harmful if I give more - don't think, but I don't really need to either. Ruger is in good hands :wnk

for feeding - whatever you find is best for your dogs and your budget, it's a good idea to do some food rotation, but start slowly if they are eating the same food. there is a helpful video here:

http://www.petmd.com/dog/nutrition/evr_ ... _for_dogs#

I did it gradually - introducing new foods and now rotating them now everyday.


Thanks for responding. :) I just want to take the best care I can of my little guy.

Am about to leave work. I will look into food rotation and the link you sent. He seems to like different foods - I give him tastes of different veggies, etc I eat. So he'd probably like food rotation. Oh, and thanks for the rec on those Duoxo wipes for his bottom too. Such great advice here. So glad I found this forum!


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Any way to stop my cocker spaniel from chewing his tail?
PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2016 2:29 pm 
Offline
Forum Legend
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Sun Mar 22, 2015 11:18 am
Posts: 520
You are most welcome and you are doing a fantastic job. Just know that you are still getting to know Ruger and you'll figure out what works for him with time.

_________________
Bear Mama to
Cici - 8 years old (Gotcha Dec 14, 2013)
Raleigh, North Carolina


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Any way to stop my cocker spaniel from chewing his tail?
PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2016 8:48 am 
Offline
Forum Legend
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Thu Jun 07, 2012 12:40 pm
Posts: 1465
I think your on the correct track, Nusentia Probiotics, Oils, coconut oil at the same time brush the teeth! Flax seed oil with lignan mybe change to cod liver oil every other day.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I5ZeNLUEHKY Try the FROMM CAN DOG FOOD

I really don't think shampoo will work, need to find the cause inside the dog. I do know if you have coconut oil handy and you see a flea a dab will kill them faster than anything out there on the market.

I wonder if BRAZILIAN KERATIN THERAPY SHAMPOO with coconut oil would be much better and cheaper? One vet said every five days because of Allergy's. My dog gets that all ready as he is a dust mop on our walks.

Maybe a raw chicken wing possibility free range organic bird. Maybe one thing California good for. :wnk

Coconut Oil in Your Pet's Diet https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ND8doiVSLDw

http://www.whole-dog-journal.com/issues ... 220-1.html

Joe


Top
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 19 posts ] 

All times are UTC - 8 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron




Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group  
This forum is owned and operated by:  Jim Zimmerlin  
Donations to help pay for our web server costs can be made here