Click here to go to the main Zim Family Cockers web site

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Forum rules

Please click here to view the forum rules

Post subject: Re: Pet Protector Medallion
PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2015 11:27 am 
Forum Legend
 WWW  Profile

Thank you for your testing and report. Years ago I also bought an electronic collar for my dog, it never worked. Too bad, it would have been an awesome product to use.

My sweet angels gone but always in my heart:
Brady, Nicky, Ginger, Katie, Scooter, Fluffy and Fluffy

PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2015 2:16 am 
Active Forum Member

Sandy H wrote:
Thank you for your testing and report. Years ago I also bought an electronic collar for my dog, it never worked. Too bad, it would have been an awesome product to use.

Sandy, after taking 12 ticks off the dog yesterday on NexGard, I'm not to sure now if that medallion wasn 't working. All these ticks were attached, not just crawling around on her. 12 ticks attached and on a strong med is totally unacceptable for me. This is as bad as the year I used Revolution on her. It's like she is a magnet to ticks now on this med.

Joe, you're right, the smell that comes from the dog on these meds is horrible. She hasn't been on anything for a 1 1/2 years and there wasn't an odor coming from her until now, now she stinks. She did better last year on brewers yeast and garlic.

PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2015 10:53 pm 
Forum Legend

My better half had me get Frontline as the fleas are awful, but over at her dad's place. Been on it for two months and a week.
What I notice, more panting, fur color changed around his eyes, same around the mouth stain of red.

She wanted to kill off the life cycle. We got fleas in both houses. I had to even bomb the house twice, as the DE Earth was to slow and mix of Twenty mule team borax. He would come home with then from his place. I would frisks him after he came back home. A little thing I found out about fleas that coconut oil is just about an instant killer if you can keep it on your finger.

I ordered the Vet's Best Flea + Tick Home Spray for Dogs & Cats

Do you have a tick key or tick fork to remove the ticks whole body? It does not squeeze the body.

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2015 11:07 am 
Active Forum Member

Feel for you and the fleas. Frontline didn't work for me and my previous dog, the Vets office told me to use Advantage and that worked so much better for fleas. They said some dogs Frontline just doesn't work on, guess it's their body chemistry. It didn't do that great on ticks either.
Talked with the Vet today and with her on NexGard, these ticks should be dying before they attach themselves to the dog, which they aren't. For whatever reason this product is not working the way it should on her, so next month he said to use something else. :?:
No I don't use the tick fork or anything, just my fingers, I know I should but I have taken so many off through the years, just gotta know the direction they went in.If they are engorged I just spray them with a tick spray and they are dead in a few hours and just drop off.

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2015 2:44 pm 
Forum Legend
 WWW  Profile

Denise
I do not have a flea issue but ticks are a huge problem for me. I use Preventic collar in the spring and fall when the ticks are at their worst. I usually only find a few between all 3 dogs-usually us people have more than the dogs. But I limit their tick exposure during this active season, play ball in their pen, walk them on the stree, keep them out of the woods and grass, etc.

My sweet angels gone but always in my heart:
Brady, Nicky, Ginger, Katie, Scooter, Fluffy and Fluffy

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2015 8:31 am 
Forum Legend

The tick key

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o050NFSRZr4

Tick fork

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XZ14TP7FSQk