An Online Community Of Cocker Spaniel Lovers
Click here to go to the main Zim Family Cockers web site

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Forum rules

Please click here to view the forum rules

Post subject: Re: Quadruped Shampoo/Conditioner
PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2012 9:17 pm 
Forum Legend

I did wonder if the matting was because the previous shampoo and conditioner (Isle of Dog) wasn't getting under coat out. Or maybe, I wasn't using enough. I didn't notice a difference in drying time, but I take full responsibility for that -- I'm a lousy dryer and waste lots of time. Plus with my shoulder problems, I can't do this as fast as usual.

Colleen

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2012 11:16 pm 
Forum Legend

I used the Quadruped tonight. I haven't been home to shampoo them and used Coat Handler at the lake house, a couple weeks ago. I hated CH when Abby was a pup, but after both girls got their adult coats I found it not so bad at all. I will say I think I am really going to like the Quadruped shampoo and conditioner. My girls didn't have any matts, so can't say a lot about that. When mixing it I found the fragrance strong. I was sneezing, but heck I sneeze over most stuff. The fragrance on my girls is NOT too strong, and pleasant IMO. They are both incredibly soft, and Abby's white is very white. I should say BLINDING white. Her white is never this bright with CH if I don't use a whitening shampoo along with it. The jury is still out on the itchies. I need to wait on to see how my itchy scratchy Abby does.

So far I really like this stuff!!!!

Thanks, Julie for the recommendation and getting this for me. Abby and Ava aren't so appreciative though.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2012 3:22 pm 
Forum Legend

I am using this and love it. Morgan's BLACK is much brighter as is his white. And Buffy's color is lighter. Smells nice - not to strong either and leaves them soft.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2012 7:26 pm 
Forum Legend

I just have to post here again: I LOVE this stuff!

Cricket just got her second bath in it. We were up on the Delta at Sylvia Viera's campground yesterday. We had a very good time, but Cricket came home as a gray and black cocker.

You've all see that variety of the breed, right? They can be spotted where their people like to camp in the summer. :gig

Anyway, one shampooing (no shampooing her feet 3 times!) rinse, condition, blow dry = DONE. Beautiful dog. No matts, tangles, twists, curls, none at all. And her coat is getting long, about 3-4 inches in places now.

It smells great diluted and on the dog; I mixed it outside this time because it was Too Strong in the house last time.

As a side note, we got caught in the rain about 10 days ago, and really got rather soaked. All I had time to do was to rinse Cricket's muddy feet off, and sort of dry her. But there was no Wet Dog smell!

Maggie Mae, home September 1, 2014

---------------------------------------
Feather: March 23, 1994 - November 17, 2011
17 years and 8 months of Love

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2012 4:06 pm 
Active Forum Member

I love this shampoo too! I only lather once, and with the leave-in conditioner that means I only have to rinse them down twice. This stuff saves water, time, and my back. Thanks Julie!

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2012 8:02 am 
Forum Legend
 WWW  Profile

OK, my turn for review. I like it very much. 3 weeks later and they still feel clean and soft. I like the smell. As far as whiteness on Casey, the white seems the same as CH. However, I do find the retail price very very expensive, pretty much twice what I pay for CH at Kings. I still have a gallon of CH conditioner left, but am running low on shampoo so I haven't decided what to do yet. Wish we could get the lower price on the stuff. Thanks Julie for the stuff.

Forgot to comment on mats-can't comment on it as my crew were already cut short for the summer, so no mats because of their haircuts.

My sweet angels gone but always in my heart:
Brady, Nicky, Ginger, Katie, Scooter, Fluffy and Fluffy

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2012 5:10 pm 
Yea the retail price is ridiculous. The only thing I can suggest is seeing if a groomer in your town would order it for you and not mark it up. I would do that for someone who asked as long as they gave me the money up front if I didn't know them.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2012 7:27 pm 
Forum Legend

I love it. The girls have been in the lake twice. They air dried without being brushed. We have no matts, smell great, feel very soft, and their coats are still shiny. How can you beat that?