Click here to go to the main Zim Family Cockers web site

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Forum rules

Please click here to view the forum rules

Post subject: Quadruped Shampoo/Conditioner
PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2012 5:52 am 
I Rescue Cockers

Love it, love it, love it!

The shampoo is great. Julie is right - the smell is wonderful. It rinses out well too. The conditioner I was wondering about because it is sort of watery and I couldn't imagine it doing much (of course when I thought about it would I want some thick stuff being left in? :roll ). It is great though - wonderful smell and it made the pups SO soft and easy to brush. I have had so many people remark about "Oh your dogs smell so good!" since we've used it.

I also got a small ear cleaner just to see how it works. I like it because - again - it has a great smell and it doesn't have alcohol in it so I know it won't irritate or burn.

Cody - 9/2/08
Monkey Cat - 1993 - 2013
Cori - My First - 1/2/91 - 12/15/03
Maxine - My Angel - Gotcha - 9/5/09 - 7/28/11
Maddie - Good Boy - Gotcha 6/17/12 - 7/25/13

Post subject: Re: Quadruped Shampoo/Conditioner
PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2012 6:33 am 
Whew. Glad someone else is loving it. The pressure I feel sending out 20 orders of this stuff on my recommendation is nerve wracking.

I have shared this privately with a couple of people but want to share it here. I noticed about a week ago that my dogs aren't scratching anymore. Not that they were horribly itchy and scratchy, but just a scratch here and there. Then yesterday as Pirate was getting his daily going over, teeth brushing etc. I noticed his red spots in front of his armpits, that he's constantly licking aren't there. He's stopped licking them. I can only attribute this to the shampoo. Mind you it's been three weeks since three of the dogs had a bath, including Pirate.

My jury is still out for the dog in long coat though. I'm not sure if I'm not using a enough conditioner, or if it's just the circumstances of her baths, but Toph's coat seems frizzy. However, like I said, circumstances. Her last bath I didn't finish drying her correctly, then she was in heat, and her butt was a hot mess and totally matted by the time I got to her. I might have to try one of their heavier conditioners if this next bath doesn't do it.

Last edited by Julie Hydro on Sun Jun 03, 2012 8:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2012 8:23 am 
Forum Legend

I hope it help my Abby. She is really an itchy little girl. I can't wait to try it. Look out girls!!! Gawd they a bath :shock:

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2012 7:15 pm 
Forum Legend

I am going to get some of this shampoo. I did not order through Julie because I just purchased a 12 oz. bottle of a special shampoo for Chloie and her itches. But, I don't think that I can wait till this concentrated bottle is gone. :roll

Julie,

Quadruped has a multitude of shampoos and conditioners. Please advise exactly which products I should order. And, I will do it on my own, so you don't have to do all this work and shipping. :th-up

Dawn :paw

JOINED ZIM FORUM 5/15/08~4:15pm
Chloie Pearl~Babybutt~Tri~2/16/08
Muraco Misun~Red/Wht~4/13/11
Moonbeam~Ms.Moonlight~Buff~7/24/00~8/14/11
Persalina~Big Bright Eyes~Buff~10/92~5/12/08
Willamina~1981/1996

JUSTICE FOR OREO: http://www.justice4oreo.net/

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2012 8:08 pm 
Forum Legend

LOVE LOVE LOVE IT!!
Smells great on the dog and I was able to comb right through Cricket's hair. I was afraid we were going to have matts since I took her to the park this morning and she rolled in - ? - mud-and-something-nasty- melling. Her white hair is so cotton-y and I'm letting her grow out, but WOW! Easy wash and rinse, then conditioned. Combed right through and easy to blow dry, too. Did I mention it smells heavenly? Thank you, Julie!

Maggie Mae, home September 1, 2014

---------------------------------------
Feather: March 23, 1994 - November 17, 2011
17 years and 8 months of Love

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2012 8:25 pm 
Do you think she looks really white too? My dogs just look SO bright white to me.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2012 8:38 pm 
Forum Legend

White- YES! Kind of pearlescent, actually. This is the very best I've seen her coat.

Maggie Mae, home September 1, 2014

---------------------------------------
Feather: March 23, 1994 - November 17, 2011
17 years and 8 months of Love

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2012 4:25 pm 
I Rescue Cockers

Wow! Love it! What a great recommendation :nw :nw Sky looks so white and he smells yummy ... no smelly dog smell here :gig

Julie, Based on your recommendation I ordered a nice lot (gallon each : yucca multi-purpose shampoo, silky coat conditioner, conditioner all in one, white brightener, ear wash) as I pick up quite a few cockers from the SPCA and other shelters. They need immediate bathing and grooming. I thought it was worth getting a good system like this for the plethora of dogs that come through my door each year. Thank you for the great recommendation!

:YAY

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2012 12:02 pm 
Active Forum Member

I bathed both of my girls this morning with Quadraped All In One shampoo and conditioner and I am happy to report I am VERY happy with the results.For the conditioner I used the 4:1 dilution for undercoat removal, tangles and slight matting. Next time I will use the 8:1 dilution on Muggs. Katie is a buff with a very nice silky coat but has the more cotton coat on her shoulders and hips. I am seeing a nice blend of the two coats and I like that. The shampoo rinses out very nicely and the drying time was less.

Thank you, Julie for introducing me to this product!!

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2012 10:10 am 
Active Forum Member

Well here's my report for the Quadruped shampoo and conditioner. I liked it, not sure I loved it. Karlie's white is really white, but then again Coat Handler gets her really white too. Mats combed out easily but no easier than with Coat Handler. The one area I think Quadruped beat Coat Handler was in drying time, both girls seemed to dry much faster. Also with both in full coat I am not sure if their coat is as shiny/silky, both seem to be a little fuzzy around the front legs. The real test for me will be next weeks bath, do they matt up or does it reduce the matting. I used the shampoo at a 5:1 ratio and the conditioner at a 1:1 ratio (the one suggested for heavy matting) not that they were really really matted but had been out being dogs, riding in the car and running an agility trial so more mats than a stay at home week. I use coat handler at about a 10:1 ratio for the shampoo and a 5:1 ratio on conditioner, so for me unless it greatly reduces matting in the coming week I think I'll be sticking with Coat Handler as it will be more cost effective and there is not much real difference in my opinion. I am really glad I tried it and would perhaps use it when I was pressed for time as it did cut down on the drying time. Thanks Julie for giving us the opportunity to try and compare new products that you love, I put a lot of stock in your opinions, especially in regards to grooming.

Buffy Amber Frost 1/16/80 - 7/3/95

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2012 3:19 pm 
I'm definitely still on the fence about dogs in full coat. Toph will get her third bath this week in it, and I'll see what happens. I kinda noticed frizzies with her too, but that was only the first time.

Maybe I've forgotten how white CH gets the dogs cause I've been using a different shampoo that I use in the shop on them, but they are SUPER white in comparison to that one or any whitening shampoo I've ever used. I just did Snow White today and she's almost blinding white in the sun.

I'll still use it just for the smell either way. In our climate, wet dog smell is an every day occurrence and with this I don't get it. I'll mix it with CH conditioner if I have to on my dogs in long coat.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2012 12:46 pm 
Active Forum Member

I didn't know you had to be a professional groomer to order the products?
I placed an order for shampoo, conditioner, ear cleaner and some other items.

I got an email wanting to verify that I was a professional groomer?

I was really excited about this product and couldn't wait to try it on my girls.

To say the least I am disappointed.

SusanAnne

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2012 12:51 pm 
I Rescued A Cocker!

SusanAnne wrote:
I didn't know you had to be a professional groomer to order the products?
I placed an order for shampoo, conditioner, ear cleaner and some other items.
I got an email wanting to verify that I was a professional groomer?
I was really excited about this product and couldn't wait to try it on my girls.
To say the least I am disappointed.
SusanAnne

I got the same e-mail, as I also placed an order on the wholesale side. When I played around on the website, I was able to find the retail side.

Leila 03/21/08
Bridgette 01/12/09
Echo 08/10/12

Waiting at the Bridge: Little Sister, Savana, Tivy, Slider, Arrow and all the others, I will always love you.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2012 1:06 pm 
I Rescued A Cocker!

Hi all;
I also love the smell of this shampoo - a light but really pleasant fragrance. And I was pleased with how white Cooper's coat turned out, but like others said, I think Coat Handler also makes him really white.
I think my mistake was not using the conditioner in the proper ratio for my dogs' needs. Cooper & Louie are in a puppy coat, so they were okay with the 8:1 ratio. Bridgette is in a modified full coat, about 4" long and shelled out on her tummy and chest, and has a very easy care coat. However, with the 8:1 ratio I feel her coat wasn't quite as soft as when I use the Coat Handler. But, I use a heavier CH ratio than the 15/16:1.
Haven't tried the new Quadruped products on Leila yet, she was clean already. :sml .
I'm going to try Julie's method and use a combined CH and Quadruped conditioner mix, and see what I think.

Leila 03/21/08
Bridgette 01/12/09
Echo 08/10/12

Waiting at the Bridge: Little Sister, Savana, Tivy, Slider, Arrow and all the others, I will always love you.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2012 1:09 pm 
Active Forum Member

I looked and could not find the site where you can the products retail.
Guess I will just have to research and see what else I can find.

SusanAnne

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2012 1:34 pm 
Active Forum Member

Susan Ann, here is the link to the retail side:

http://quadrupedpetcare.com/wp/

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2012 2:51 pm 
Forum Legend

Here is a link to the retail and wholesale sides. I purchased both the all in one shampoo and the all in one leave in conditioner on June 13th, but I still am awaiting my order and we are headed to Sylvia's tomorrow. UHG! I so wanted to try this product before we had to leave. :roll Maybe, today? :dk

http://quadrupedpetcare.com/

Willamina~1981/1996

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2012 3:04 pm 
Active Forum Member

Thanks everyone for sending me the correct link.
I was able to go on there and get my products, so relieved!

Now my girls will be pretty and smell good too.

:th-up SusanAnne

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2012 7:19 pm 
Forum Legend

:hi

Our order came tonight! :YAY :Clap :joy :sun We ordered the all in one shampoo and the all in one conditioner. Kevin gave Chloie her bath tonight and says that she does look shiny. He partially did a blow dry on her and now she is running abound blow drying herself. :gig It has been quite warm here and is going to get HOT tomorrow. UGH! (I know that this not the proper grooming procedure, but we are going camping, so not all that important right now).

I can't tell you how she smells bacause I have lost my ability to smell. But, I will let you know the other results in a few days. As soon as we get settled in at Sylvia's.

I have high "apple pie in the sky" hopes that this shampoo and conditioner will help Chloie with her itches. :wk

Willamina~1981/1996

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2012 11:20 am 
Forum Legend

I used the shampoo and conditioner today and also love it. Emma looks SO white. And now every grooming mishap I made (and yes, there are many) shows even better. :Clap I'll post pictures of her nekkid self as soon as I work up the resolve to sit at the computer for an hour trying to get them uploaded and resized. Hate that part.

Shiloh - 4/5/95 - 5/23/11 RIP, sweet girl

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2012 6:06 pm 
Forum Legend

My turn to report in... Chessie got a bath this weekend and I have to agree with the others.. this stuff does smell wonderful! :th-up

I did notice the frizziness but it's not that bad and the softness and lack of matting offset that issue. I also found I used about 1/2 the amount of product than I usually use when bathing with CH... although part of that was because Chessie has a summer cut right now so I was washing less hair. The best test came very quickly... it rained... and she still smelled good! :th-up I'll buy it again. Thanks Julie!

Chesapeake OA, AXJ (CGC)
4/20/10

Competing in Excellent Agility STD ~ 1 of 3 Q's
Competing in Master Agility JWW

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2012 10:04 pm 
Forum Legend

Ok, I'm in the minority here -- right now we don't like it. Smell is great but it is not working on Solo and Rosey. Both in long coats. After drying they seemed much frizzer than with Coat Handler or Isle of Dog. Solo was bathed 10 days ago and he has massive mats on the back of his front leg. Randy is trying to comb them out now with Cowboy Magic and they are re-tangling. It seems to help to spray Coat Handler (15:1 grooming spray) on them.

I used shampoo 6:1 and condition 4:1.

Any suggestions?

Colleen K

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2012 11:05 pm 
Active Forum Member

I too am in the minority as after a week Karlie has some rather large mats forming on her side towards her back legs. I'll use corn starch to work them out dry before our weekend agility trial then after the trial will bathe and really soak her in coat handler and work out whatever she gets over the weekend wet.

I think the smell was a little strong for me to, again in the minority as I liked the fact that coat handler had no smell : ))

I used the conditioner at 1:1 so going stronger didn't really do anything, and as I posted earlier I thought she was more frizzy she is also in long coat.

Worth a try but will go back to coat handler for sure

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2012 1:12 pm 
so sorry you guys didn't like it. I can't say I've had the matting problem at all with Toph. At least not that I know of. She was in season when I first starting using it and her rear was a total mess and did mat up again, but since her season is over no matting at all. The frizzies did go away after the third shampoo with it, but I can't say I like it as much as CH for long hair. I do however love it for my dogs in shorter coat and I LOVE what's it's doing for the itchies.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2012 1:31 pm 
Active Forum Member

It's all good Julie, sometimes it good to try somethng different and again all coats are different, Karlie mats much easier than Kaitlyn normally, so this is not really a surprise. I didn't have an ichies problem so can't comment on that at all. I did love the faster drying time and like I said will use again if I am short of time.