The Zim Family Cocker Spaniel Forum

An Online Community Of Cocker Spaniel Lovers
Click here to go to the main Zim Family Cockers web site

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Forum rules

Please click here to view the forum rules

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 6 posts ] 
 Post subject: A Successful Pizza Party!
PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2010 8:36 pm 
Site Admin
 WWW  Profile

This is intended for those of you who are NOT attending Pupapalooza this weekend. A little recap of the action, so far...

This evening was our Pizza Party over at the hotel where most of the out-of-towners are staying. This is a different hotel than we have used in the past. I switched to this one because they have a fenced-in doggie play area, and also because they have nicer rooms and a few neat little freebies like a free breakfast (full breakfast, not continental) and free drinks and appetizers at the bar in the evening.

Later in the weekend I'll have to ask those staying at the hotel how they like it. From my perspective, that fenced in doggie area makes it hands-down a better choice for our little event. The hotel staff set up a couple of tables next to the doggie area and we set out the pizza and soft drinks there. A lot of people brought beach chairs. It seemed to work out fine. It seemed like we had more difficulties with some dogs not getting along well with others at this particular Pupapalooza than we have had in the past. And the dogs were noisy, which I'm sure was annoying for many of the hotel guests!

Earlier in the day, I had a few people over to my house for Puppy Play Time out on the lawn. That's always fun. I gotta give a gigantic pat-on-the-back to Skip and Diane... Bella's new owners. Wow, they have been such a big help to me. They came in to town yesterday and they've been taking a big load off my shoulders ever since. I have appreciated it SO MUCH. Thank you, Skip & Diane... two very great people who I am now proud to call friends.

The question has come up many times already about whether this is the last Pupapalooza. No, I really doubt it. It's the last one with a litter of Zim pups... but I'm sure there will be others that will be just like this only without the puppy meet-and-greet element. Like we used to do them for the first few Pupapaloozas. We didn't start out having Pupapaloozas timed to happen when a litter was ready to go home. That was a twist I added later. So the future Pupapaloozas will be something like the way we used to do them originally. A puppy-less Pupapalooza.

As usual at these events... I didn't bring my camera. I would rather schmooze with the guests and just try to have fun rather than concentrate on getting good photos. But there were a lot of other people there with cameras... so if you can just be a little patient, you'll see photos eventually, I know it.

Tomorrow... we'll have a meet-and-greet with the puppies out on the lawn at 10 AM... the beach portion with the adult dogs playing off-leash at 1 PM... and then the bonfire at the beach at 7 PM. It will be an exhausting but hugely fun day!

Post subject: Re: A Successful Pizza Party!
PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2010 5:08 am 
Active Forum Member

Thank you for the update Jim as I for one wish that I was there with all of you enjoying the gathering. Updates are wonderful and pictures will be too when people arrive home and have time to relax and post them. Until then, have fun and enjoy!

KC, Chocolate Lab ~ 5/5/05
Cabo, Golden Retriever ~ 3/18/08

PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2010 6:17 am 
I Own A Zim Dog!

Jim Zim wrote:
The question has come up many times already about whether this is the last Pupapalooza. No, I really doubt it. It's the last one with a litter of Zim pups... but I'm sure there will be others that will be just like this only without the puppy meet-and-greet element. Like we used to do them for the first few Pupapaloozas. We didn't start out having Pupapaloozas timed to happen when a litter was ready to go home. That was a twist I added later. So the future Pupapaloozas will be something like the way we used to do them originally. A puppy-less Pupapalooza.

Sounds like a GREAT time!! :YAY It's been "killing" me :bang that we are not able to be there this weekend! We were there for the very first pupapalooza which wasn't even called "pupapalooza" yet - just a reunion of Zim pups & their families. So .... I'm extremely happy to hear the pupapalooza tradition will continue! The Ramakers will be attending in the future!

“A dog wags his tail with his heart!”

PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2010 8:12 am 
I Rescued A Cocker!

Thanks for the update. So sorry we can't be there. Looking forward to some awesome pics!

Sadie, CGC, TDI, our darling li'l black girl who adopted us 9/5/09, honorary BD 6/9/08
Rusty, we'll love you forever, 9/22/95 - 4/2/09
Mopsie, you're always in our hearts, 1978 - 1994

PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2010 4:44 pm 
Active Forum Member

Thanks Jim for the update! We so wished we could have been there but plan to try and attend one in the future now that there is hope for another Puppalooza! We can't wait for pictures!! :Clap :YAY

PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2010 7:19 am 
Forum Legend
 WWW  Profile

That's great news, I will definitely make it over one day, specially if like last time I can 'buddy up' with someone who has a dog or two I can borrow!

Spaniels are the best dogs!!

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 6 posts ]