The Zim Family Cocker Spaniel Forum

An Online Community Of Cocker Spaniel Lovers
Click here to go to the main Zim Family Cockers web site

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Forum rules

Please click here to view the forum rules

Post subject: How Would You Like Being Treated Like This????
PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2015 6:18 pm 
Forum Legend

A little explanation. I have been a new member of a (new on to me) on line group, but I am APPALLED at the way folks are treated. Especially if they complain in any way. I think that "Big Brother" is at hand there. :bang :bang :bang

It is a pleasure to belong to the Zim FAMILY Forum. Where the members and moderators are all understanding, loving and compassionate folks.

This is what had got me so "Ticked Off". A person was posting because their dog had died and they were grieving.

Poster:

"My post on (redacted group name) was deleted. It was a thank you from the heart. So I'll post it here. I thought we were able to post about our own animals. I have received such heart felt response about (lost pet's name). Not like i post every day. Don't understand. Please don't send me the rules again. I won't post there ever again. Sweet (recently passed group pup's name) hit me hard."

Moderator:

"I'm sorry that you are still struggling.... Each group is created for a purpose.....

This group is for everything (group name)....... This group will not accept nor allow negative comments made towards our sister group or the moderators of that group..... Consider this a strong message/warning to all that this type of behavior WILL NOT be tolerated here ...."

JOINED ZIM FORUM 5/15/08~4:15pm
Chloie Pearl~Babybutt~Tri~2/16/08
Muraco Misun~Red/Wht~4/13/11
Moonbeam~Ms.Moonlight~Buff~7/24/00~8/14/11
Persalina~Big Bright Eyes~Buff~10/92~5/12/08
Willamina~1981/1996

JUSTICE FOR OREO: http://www.justice4oreo.net/

Last edited by dawn & kevin on Fri May 15, 2015 6:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Re: How Would You Like Being Treated Like This????
PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2015 6:55 pm 
Forum Legend

WOW.....cold and rude

PostPosted: Sat May 16, 2015 5:38 am 
Forum Legend
 WWW  Profile

Gee, I hope that wasn't an RV group, RVers are usually very nice people. That was extremely rude and that group is obviously run by people who really do not care about others, and it is a group that you are too nice to be a part of.

My sweet angels gone but always in my heart:
Brady, Nicky, Ginger, Katie, Scooter, Fluffy and Fluffy

PostPosted: Sat May 16, 2015 5:49 am 
I Rescue Cockers

Dawn, please correct me if I am getting this wrong:

"Mary" posts a thank you on group A which is deleted by group A's administrator. Mary then posts the fact group A deleted her post on group B along with an explanation of her being annoyed at group A for deleting her thank you. Group B's administrator then slams Mary of making a remark about group A. So now Mary is off group A and has been "corrected" by group B.

Considering this person just lost a pup I think the group old have cut her some slack. We all get a little delicate when we are under extreme stress and the loss of a pet is certainly a time of stress. I'm not sure how she could have written a thank you that would have been insulting however so I don't get it. I do know some moderators or administrators are more like watchdogs who use their role to push their own agenda. I'm sorry she was hurt - especially on top of such a deep hurt. My feeling us I have enough drama just from life - I sure on't need it in my internet groups.

Cody - 9/2/08
Monkey Cat - 1993 - 2013
Cori - My First - 1/2/91 - 12/15/03
Maxine - My Angel - Gotcha - 9/5/09 - 7/28/11
Maddie - Good Boy - Gotcha 6/17/12 - 7/25/13

PostPosted: Sat May 16, 2015 8:58 am 
Forum Legend

Sandy H wrote:
Gee, I hope that wasn't an RV group, RVers are usually very nice people. That was extremely rude and that group is obviously run by people who really do not care about others, and it is a group that you are too nice to be a part of.

Sandy, Thankfully they are not RV'ers. The group is a "Dog" group for one specific breed of dog. The poster was "slammed" and I got "ticked off". By the way this poster was correct in her statements, in my humble opinion.

To put everyone's mind at ease, I have stopped communicating with the group. But, sadly I have come to love the little pups that I have been watching since their birth. They have lost two pups in the last few weeks. In my opinion, the dogs were lost due to lack of prompt care. One dog was sick, was not eating or drinking water. By the time I saw this dog, he was on his third night and was not taken to a Vet till the fourth day. (That delay allowed the "disease" to be passed on to other dogs on the property.) That would never happen in my house nor any of your homes as well. We (this forum) would have taken the dog to the Vet no later than the second day.

If I were to say anything to, "those people", I would be slammed as well. Because I would say something that they surely would not like. :bang

Dawn :paw

Imagine what they would say if they did see this post???

Willamina~1981/1996

PostPosted: Sat May 16, 2015 9:04 am 
Forum Legend

Vickie wrote:
Dawn, please correct me if I am getting this wrong:

"Mary" posts a thank you on group A which is deleted by group A's administrator. Mary then posts the fact group A deleted her post on group B along with an explanation of her being annoyed at group A for deleting her thank you. Group B's administrator then slams Mary of making a remark about group A. So now Mary is off group A and has been "corrected" by group B.

Considering this person just lost a pup I think the group old have cut her some slack. We all get a little delicate when we are under extreme stress and the loss of a pet is certainly a time of stress. I'm not sure how she could have written a thank you that would have been insulting however so I don't get it. I do know some moderators or administrators are more like watchdogs who use their role to push their own agenda. I'm sorry she was hurt - especially on top of such a deep hurt. My feeling us I have enough drama just from life - I sure on't need it in my internet groups.

Vickie, you have described the situation exactly as it happened. I also think that the moderator has a "big head" so to speak. How dare they talk to someone, who is obviously hurting, like that! This group (as a whole) are very defensive regarding their actions or lack there of. Down deep inside, they must know that "something is not right there". :bang :bang :bang

Willamina~1981/1996

PostPosted: Sat May 16, 2015 9:13 am 
Forum Legend

I have something further to say:

I want to make it clear that all of the staff and workers are very kind, loving and caring folks. I would think that they would like to remedy the situation, but it is obviously out of their hands.

I apologize for my RANT! I am just so upset that I can not speak my mind. If I did, the post would surely be deleted! UGH!

Willamina~1981/1996

PostPosted: Sat May 16, 2015 11:24 am 
I Rescue Cockers

It is very unfortunate that someone hurting about a loss has to put up with being hurt further by the people she sought support from. It is also sad that the people that care are at the mercy of whoever the moderator is.

Cody - 9/2/08
Monkey Cat - 1993 - 2013
Cori - My First - 1/2/91 - 12/15/03
Maxine - My Angel - Gotcha - 9/5/09 - 7/28/11
Maddie - Good Boy - Gotcha 6/17/12 - 7/25/13

PostPosted: Sat May 16, 2015 11:28 am 
Forum Legend

Vickie wrote:
It is very unfortunate that someone hurting about a loss has to put up with being hurt further by the people she sought support from. It is also sad that the people that care are at the mercy of whoever the moderator is.

Agreed!

Willamina~1981/1996

PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2015 4:10 am 
Forum Legend
 WWW  Profile

Dawn

Can you PM, email, etc this person and invite her/him to join our forum? I think she/he would be more than welcome here. Not everyone here has a cocker, many have other breeds. We are all dog lovers.

My sweet angels gone but always in my heart:
Brady, Nicky, Ginger, Katie, Scooter, Fluffy and Fluffy

PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2015 9:24 am 
Forum Legend

Sandy H wrote:
Dawn

Can you PM, email, etc this person and invite her/him to join our forum? I think she/he would be more than welcome here. Not everyone here has a cocker, many have other breeds. We are all dog lovers.

OK, Sandy

I will give it a try.... i think that I can find a way to contact her... Will let you know.

Willamina~1981/1996

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2015 4:45 pm 
Forum Legend

I have not posted in the forum in a long time but keep up with it once in a while. I have to say I am very fortunate and blessed to have found this forum with such sweet, kind, intelligent, caring and supportive members whom love and care for Cockers and no cockers with so much passion. The forum helped me with m dear Holly issues, health, behavior and just with the day to day issues that we dog lovers face. In my time of hurt and pain when she was sick and in her last days the forum kept me going and when the time came to say goodbye you guys were my rock of support. I will definitively not support any forum where members are not consider, understood and care for. Even without a Cocker in my life at this time I love to browse and keep up with everyone antics, milestones, health, passings, new members and pictures. :hp :happy :love

Mom to dear Holly AKA Holly Caramel Candy 10/99-02/13 who went to meet Monchi, Sasha 1 and 2, in the Rainbow Bridge.

PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2015 11:51 pm 
Forum Legend

Dawn - Thanks for your post and reminder of how fortunate we are having this forum.
I hope you are able to reach the woman from the other forum and get her over here.

When we first got Arlo (have not had a dog in over 20 years) Melinda and I were confused and terribly worried about our little guy. The people here were life savers to us - and since that time I've come to know many wonderful people.

In fact, a few of the posters here have become my pals. And, this is where I found Arlo's amazing groomer and his current teacher in Arlo's new sport - Tracking. And, through this forum a dog named Hunter (whose owner that loved him very much died unexpectedly) found an amazing / loving new home.

We were just talking about this Friday at the Dog show -about how some of the other Cocker forums are communicating through Facebook. But, while I love those sites too - it is just not quite the same.
It feels like something deeper can take place here.

I think I'll go give Jim a donation :) :th-up

xo
:Parti

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2015 2:19 pm 
Active Forum Member

Dawn,
Think we all feel as you do. It is sad that this forum you were on and watching has such uncaring people and moderators on it. Not all of them are as good as this one. This forum has saved me so many times and alot of tears and a great deal of understanding.

I feel I have made some friends here after losing a pup (as the breeder refused to speak to me after I made a comment about wanting a puppy, not a 6 month old). So you can see that some people are not as friendly as they appear in the beginning.

How are your furbabies? Did you have the cataract surgery and how do it all go. Hope you are well and enjoying life :wv :Clap

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2015 7:20 pm 
Forum Legend

leigh4ta wrote:
Dawn - Thanks for your post and reminder of how fortunate we are having this forum.
I hope you are able to reach the woman from the other forum and get her over here.

When we first got Arlo (have not had a dog in over 20 years) Melinda and I were confused and terribly worried about our little guy. The people here were life savers to us - and since that time I've come to know many wonderful people.

In fact, a few of the posters here have become my pals. And, this is where I found Arlo's amazing groomer and his current teacher in Arlo's new sport - Tracking. And, through this forum a dog named Hunter (whose owner that loved him very much died unexpectedly) found an amazing / loving new home.

We were just talking about this Friday at the Dog show -about how some of the other Cocker forums are communicating through Facebook. But, while I love those sites too - it is just not quite the same.
It feels like something deeper can take place here.

I think I'll go give Jim a donation :) :th-up

xo
:Parti

Hi Leigh,

I did reach out to the person, but she did not respond. Guess she was so "conditioned" by the folks, in that group, that she just stayed silent. At least I tried. :dk

I hope that you, Melinda and Arlo and kitties are all doing well. :happy

Willamina~1981/1996

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2015 7:28 pm 
Forum Legend

Sharon in Oregon wrote:
Dawn,
Think we all feel as you do. It is sad that this forum you were on and watching has such uncaring people and moderators on it. Not all of them are as good as this one. This forum has saved me so many times and alot of tears and a great deal of understanding.

I feel I have made some friends here after losing a pup (as the breeder refused to speak to me after I made a comment about wanting a puppy, not a 6 month old). So you can see that some people are not as friendly as they appear in the beginning.

How are your furbabies? Did you have the cataract surgery and how do it all go. Hope you are well and enjoying life :wv :Clap

Hi Sharon,

Yes, we are well. I have had some "issues" and I am going to go to physical therapy the first week of June. Need to gain some strength back in my legs. Kevin, Chloie Pearl and Muraco are all just fine.

I did not have cataract surgery, but might need that down the line. Chloie did have her "successful" cataract surgery over a year ago. She had her one year check up last month. I have to put drops and Optixcare in her eyes twice a week and twice daily for the Optixcare.

Hope all is well with you, fur babies and Hubby. I have followed your adventures vicariously. :gig

Thanks for asking,
Dawn

Willamina~1981/1996

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2015 6:15 am 
I Rescued A Cocker!

I have deleted myself from several of these Facebook groups that have unreasonable rules to follow in posting about our pets. I don't need negativity in my life any more than I need all the negativity in the news on TV.

Thanks for your post, Dawn. Quite eye-opening. :shock:

Missing Abi and Leroy with all my heart.

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2015 10:33 am 
Forum Legend

JuanitaD wrote:
I have deleted myself from several of these Facebook groups that have unreasonable rules to follow in posting about our pets. I don't need negativity in my life any more than I need all the negativity in the news on TV.

Thanks for your post, Dawn. Quite eye-opening. :shock:

Hi Juanita,

I hope that you are keeping your tootsies and paws dry. Sad situation there in Texas. :cry

Yes, keeping myself in a happy place and not posting with this bunch. I get tempted, but I have stuck to my guns "so to speak". :wnk

Willamina~1981/1996

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2015 5:06 am 
I Rescued A Cocker!

Thankfully, Dawn, we're high and dry at our home in San Antonio. Some of the areas in the city got a bit of flooding but nothing like areas north of us, Wimberly and San Marcos. Saturday night was scary with tornado warnings out while we were having severe thunderstorms. There was no way to hear or see whether a tornado was coming our way.

The worst of it missed us and no flooding as our home sits up high enough over any areas prone to flooding. :th-up

Missing Abi and Leroy with all my heart.

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2015 12:22 pm 
Forum Legend

JuanitaD wrote:
Thankfully, Dawn, we're high and dry at our home in San Antonio. Some of the areas in the city got a bit of flooding but nothing like areas north of us, Wimberly and San Marcos. Saturday night was scary with tornado warnings out while we were having severe thunderstorms. There was no way to hear or see whether a tornado was coming our way.

The worst of it missed us and no flooding as our home sits up high enough over any areas prone to flooding. :th-up

Hi Juanita,

Glad that you are high and dry. I watch CNN a lot and the floods are terrible! The loss of life even worse. It is hard to believe that the water can rise in just seconds. SCARY!

Willamina~1981/1996